Now for something completely different

32 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

It certainly will get a work out. Most of the trip  (cruises) won't be refunded due to being so close to cancellation.

You should check if there is not a refund due to medical reasons clause. My mum's flights were suppose to be non refundable but I did a little digging in the terms and conditions and found you could be eligible for a refund if the reason for not travelling is medical. So we gave it a go sending mum's discharge papers through their enquiry box and it worked she got refunded. It was a pleasant surprise to an otherwise horrible situation.

5 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

It certainly will get a work out. Most of the trip  (cruises) won't be refunded due to being so close to cancellation.

Good luck Mic and into the Aldi Elmsbury pies old son.

• Like 2

Thats not good news Mic, 🤞for a quick recovery.
I guess there comes a time in life when one should look at their passport and “birth date” and consider whether “ lifestyle” changes would be appropriate.  🤔😂😂😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

Thats not good news Mic, 🤞for a quick recovery.
I guess there comes a time in life when one should look at their passport and “birth date” and consider whether “ lifestyle” changes would be appropriate.  🤔😂😂😂

Time to take to skiing😊

• Like 1

On 9/21/2023 at 7:28 PM, MicCanberra said:

Well bad news, I have actually ruptured my Achilles and am now in a cast for the foreseeable future.

My upcoming trip will need to be cancelled,  :classic_sad:

Missed your news on Thursday Mic. Sorry about your achilles. Take care and look forward to your cruise sometime in the future. 

• Like 2

Hi everyone, I'm back. I hope everyone is doing well. I won't elaborate on my absence on this forum, it would probably land me in more dung. 

Fall has come in with a presence, I guess we should get the winter tires on the Forester and we need to get new tires for the Venza.

We met several nice folks on our recent cruise. One was from Oz so we now have another person to visit. She is from Port Campbell and we were already going there anyway. Hopefully she can tell us what hotels or B&Bs to avoid. We had a place booked there on the last plan, we often wonder what we will find when we actually get there if the pictures match reality. Several times they have not, both in Canada and abroad.

So I will be around asking questions and soliciting recommendations, the down under adventure is still 18 months away but we will have to start planning the road trip route soon. Hopefully people will be home when we visit.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Hi everyone, I'm back. I hope everyone is doing well. I won't elaborate on my absence on this forum, it would probably land me in more dung. 

Fall has come in with a presence, I guess we should get the winter tires on the Forester and we need to get new tires for the Venza.

We met several nice folks on our recent cruise. One was from Oz so we now have another person to visit. She is from Port Campbell and we were already going there anyway. Hopefully she can tell us what hotels or B&Bs to avoid. We had a place booked there on the last plan, we often wonder what we will find when we actually get there if the pictures match reality. Several times they have not, both in Canada and abroad.

So I will be around asking questions and soliciting recommendations, the down under adventure is still 18 months away but we will have to start planning the road trip route soon. Hopefully people will be home when we visit.

Let me know what you are looking at, we can easily visit Port Campbell on one of our regular trips to Warrnambool. It is a small township, really what you would call a village with a permanent population of less than 500. It grows through summer. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/30/2023 at 7:56 AM, lyndarra said:

Qantas has again agreed to refund our airfare (cancelled Alaska cruise 2020).  I say again because we have been trying to get it refunded for the last three years and Qantas kept saying they would but never did. Here's hoping.

Refund of $2500 has finally come through although, from my point of view, it has does nothing to enhance their reputation one bit. Qantas, in my eyes, is an airline of last resort - after Jetsar.

Edited by lyndarra
added amount
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Refund of $2500 has finally come through although, from my point of view, it has does nothing to enhance their reputation one bit. Qantas, in my eyes, is an airline of last resort - after Jetsar.

Glad they looked after you finally.

Conversely, they have been excellent with my cancellations, Money refunded within a week, credits reissued where credits were used within a few days, and changes made where applicable. Some of this on non refundable hotels and flights.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, arxcards said:

This morning I just received a FB memory post from 15 years ago. Apparently I was "enjoying my two week holiday at CC Banned Camp".

I only wish I could remember what I posted.

I recollect those days Geoff, perhaps you mentioned the one you were a guru on. The OZ one that closed. 🥵

• Like 2

Just now, NSWP said:

I recollect those days Geoff, perhaps you mentioned the one you were a guru on. The OZ one that closed. 🥵

It was back before that had even been hatched. Never trawled for it, nor suspended for it. Also, it wasn't related to Safari Suits, roller skating on the sun deck, or our special friend from Greenbank.

I believe it was one of those questions about finding T/A deals, mentioned it was off-limits but may have given a hidden hint on how to find them. All feels like so long ago, 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

This morning I just received a FB memory post from 15 years ago. Apparently I was "enjoying my two week holiday at CC Banned Camp".

Now I’m curious😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

Well I'm curious, 2 weeks? You're a star, I got 1 hour less than 5 days for my infraction.

• Haha 5

On 9/22/2023 at 7:49 PM, Mareblu said:

Raiders out😥 so:  Go Penrith Panthers!

Panthers won NRL Grand Final v the infidels from north of the Tweed!!!! B2B2B or 3-peat as it’s being termed. We are still celebrating here at foot of the mountains 😁 Do we dare to dream of 4 in a row??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

Well I'm curious, 2 weeks? You're a star, I got 1 hour less than 5 days for my infraction.

I just think overall patience at the time had worn a bit thin. There were also a few outright legends, as they scored life.

This AU/NZ Cruisers forum only came into existence in 2011, and previously most of this "local" content used to be squeezed into the P&O Australia forum, so 90% of the discussion could be considered as off-topic if someone wanted to report it. 

• Like 1