Princess Announces Cruise Cancellations thru June 30 - Retitled after merge

picture

12 minutes ago, Poulsbo Cruisers said:

My Princess Cruise planner did tell me on Saturday that the announcement would be made on Tuesday afternoon. The issue that seems strange to me is that you can still find May and June cruises on the Princess website even though everyone realizes that there will be no cruising until July at the earliest. 

Yes, but many people have reported that you cannot book those cruises.  I haven't tried to book one, but I've read in other topics that people get to the booking stage and they get a notice to "call Princess".

1 hour ago, BSocial said:

Not sure, but I did receive a call from a Princess Vacation Planner at 9:30 CDT this morning (early on West Coast!) asking if she could help with future travel, or did I have any questions.   

Sounds like they are optimistic.

I got that call yesterday and the PVP told me cruises canceled until July 1st.

15 minutes ago, c-boy said:

awww yes the fear of the unknown coupled with the need to know, can be troubling. It's outta your/our hands. The only thing you/we have control over is our attitude. 

Agreed ... but the silence has been deafening

15 minutes ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

Yes, but many people have reported that you cannot book those cruises.  I haven't tried to book one, but I've read in other topics that people get to the booking stage and they get a notice to "call Princess".

I put a hold on a May 20 Alaskan cruise on the Coral Princess this morning. It went through just fine. The cabin I picked no longer shows available and it shows in my personalizer.  I haven't received an e-mail confirmation yet..

Edited by billco

1 hour ago, c-boy said:

awww yes the fear of the unknown coupled with the need to know, can be troubling. It's outta your/our hands. The only thing you/we have control over is our attitude. 

Just dropping in for a rare visit (booked on Sky Nov 30) and saw this. Well done, thank you muchly sir.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, billco said:

I put a hold on a May 20 Alaskan cruise on the Coral Princess this morning. It went through just fine. The cabin I picked no longer shows available and it shows in my personalizer.  I haven't received an e-mail confirmation yet..

I wonder if they would actually let you put a deposit down ...

I would hope that they would not.

Heh guys!  Be nice now.   We are all a little stressed right now and having to wait out Princess does not help. They have been promising an announcement for over a week so I for one am also not happy with them. Whereas I understand that they are under a lot of pressure and facing possible financial ruin, we all need our money not to be held up any longer. Especially those who don't have a sound nest egg!

So be understanding of the " complainers" 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, susancruzs said:

The only thing you/we have control over is our attitude.  Winner for sensible post of the day!

Indeed, good point.  I wasn't sure so I cancelled an Aug./Sept. Baltic cruise and a long Med cruise for April 2021.  Think I was too hasty on the April one, now prices are way up.  My mistake, now if I want to re-book I'll wait and see what happens.

Holding off on cancelling Sept 4th bc I would prefer to file a CFAR insurance claim. Paid for it with gift cards and I'd rather not have 4500 gc + 6000 FCC. 

I think we were on the same one (April TA on Enchanted). I've just got a little holding it and had to take a 'Guaranteed Room' -- wanted to add in sailing to Rome but it REALLY jumped. And I don't have the FCC yet to expand it 

As to the 'timing' of an announcement ..... it was supposed to be 100 days from April 5th and 'they' were putting out an announcement today. Then 100 days from March 15th over the weekend then VP Pence softened it even more last night. So I think CCL (parent to PCL) is trying to digest what it will actually be. 

1 minute ago, lderochi said:

I’m pretty sure it will be after the market closes, so I wasn’t expecting anything for another few hours. Hasn’t stopped from checking every now and then, though. 

I’ve only seen article” cruise lines defy CDC...” so far. Please post when you see today’s announcement 

3 hours ago, BSocial said:

Not sure, but I did receive a call from a Princess Vacation Planner at 9:30 CDT this morning (early on West Coast!) asking if she could help with future travel, or did I have any questions.   

Sounds like they are optimistic.

Yes, as did I. I asked about Princess plans and she said there is a corporate meeting today with a planned announcement for this afternoon. Not sure about exact timing. 

• Like 1

Yep, Ombud, I cancelled both cruises you're on and 2nd one (Enchanted) I'm thinking I might re-book.  I was on Grand Adventure Sky 26 day, needed to pay very soon and wasn't willing to do it.

If I re-book Enchanted, I won't do TA, I'll do 21 days Barcelona RT, April 17th.  I've done many TA's so no big deal on those.  Right now the 21 days is pricey I can wait.  Good luck with your choices.

19 minutes ago, dimama said:

Yes, as did I. I asked about Princess plans and she said there is a corporate meeting today with a planned announcement for this afternoon. Not sure about exact timing. 

I didn't get a call from my PVP and she knew I have been suspicious my May 13th Alaska cruise would be canceled over the last month or so.  What's odd is that Princess just sent out an email to me regarding this booking and I'm thinking they were notifying me it was being canceled.  NO... that wasn't what was in the email.  

Now, get this ... the email was a notification that ... wait for it ... 

It was a "Missing Immigration Notice" and I need to complete it in my personalizer.  I kid you not, I just received this an hour ago for a cruise they knew won't be happening for month already.  Am I the only one that thinks this is funny??  

Edited by Cruise Raider
  • Like 1

Everyone that wants to know what's going on with Princess doesn't have a "bad attitude" and of course it's not the most important thing world. People are trying to make decisions about all aspects of their lives.

Coming in to every thread on the "princess announcement" subject and saying over and over that people just need to stop the hand wringing and be patient is unfair to the people who wish to discuss it, and ultimately off-topic. Several threads have been deleted already, this one will probably be next.

9 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I didn't get a call from my PVP and she knew I have been suspicious my May 13th Alaska cruise would be canceled over the last month or so.  What's odd is that Princess just sent out an email to me regarding this booking and I'm thinking they were notifying me it was being canceled.  NO... that wasn't what was in the email.  

Now, get this ... the email was a notification that ... wait for it ... 

It was a "Missing Immigration Notice" and I need to complete it in my personalizer.  I kid you not, I just received this an hour ago for a cruise they knew won't be happening for month already.  Am I the only one that thinks this is funny??  

Did you complete the Missing Immigration Notice?  🤷‍♂️ 🙄 🙂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

I wonder if they would actually let you put a deposit down ...

I would hope that they would not.

I just got the confirmation e-mail for the May 20 Alaskan cruise on the Coral Princess I put on hold this morning. Definitely not going to put a deposit. Actually was thinking I could pay in full and then if they cancelled the cruise this afternoon I would be eligible for a refund and some FCC. 

30 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Now, get this ... the email was a notification that ... wait for it ..

I think these things are just automatic notices. Lots of problems with Princess website lately , as well. 

• Like 3