Cruises Suspended Until June 11, 2020

CHEZMARYLOU

Obviously they are going to roll this out month by month, catching more and more in final payment Catch-22.

Interesting to see what they do with Europe season.  All of the ships would have been in place by that date.

11 minutes ago, newcruiserdave said:

Hmm... I don't see that when I go to celebrity website..   I don't doubt it, but would like to see it   This what I see

1543540051_ScreenShot2020-04-16at3_29_39PM.thumb.png.3d18c7fe587dab3b7a4ee8a000e3cd50.png

That is what I found and just scrolled down The Europe list was directly below the Caribbean. Unfortunately I am not computer literate I am more monkey see monkey do🙈

The website has been partially updated, as in the list of itineraries affected has been updated but the top 2 paragraphs of the page still say cancellations through to May 11.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/gb/travel-alert/voluntary-suspension-of-cruising

Celebrity IT department strikes again, web team can’t even properly update a webpage!

Interesting.  My cruise on Azamara is still showing available for June 2.  In fact they just sent me the notice to do my On Line Check In.  I had flights booked on American but American cancelled the International part and kept the domestic flight.  The airlines and cruise lines are a mess, and I completely understand.

55 minutes ago, #1grammy said:

I was wondering when this was going to happen.  My flight to Rome was cancelled by American Airlines.  I wish it would show up on the website so I can call for a refund.

Interesting.  I have a flight rt from Phoenix to Rome on June 2.  American rebooked the domestic Phoenix to Dallas TR and left off the international part.  They are all messed up.  I am Executive Platinum.  I do hope they will fix this mess up.  I would prefer a refund on the air ticket.

17 minutes ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

Interesting.  I have a flight rt from Phoenix to Rome on June 2.  American rebooked the domestic Phoenix to Dallas TR and left off the international part.  They are all messed up.  I am Executive Platinum.  I do hope they will fix this mess up.  I would prefer a refund on the air ticket.

They did the same with me.  At first it was changed to DFW then FCO,  I checked today and FCO was gone although the return flight was still in place.  I called and because the flight was cancelled I was able to request a refund.  Be careful when you do that as a new price was listed and not what I originally paid.  I left a note on the refund request, but I will watch it closely to make sure the proper amount is refunded.

2 hours ago, #1grammy said:

I was wondering when this was going to happen.  My flight to Rome was cancelled by American Airlines.  I wish it would show up on the website so I can call for a refund.

Ours are July 5 and July 11...so, we’re still waiting...

Our AA flights to Rome and back were canceled a couple of days ago...I managed to change them to flights on Alitalia/KLM/Delta... just to have something in place just in case there actually still is a cruise (though I doubt it)...

If (or maybe that should be when) Celebrity cancels, we’ll go through the pain and frustration of cancelling the whole thing...or cancelling the refundable airfare, getting return of our fees and taxes...and, maybe taking the 125% FCC—which won’t come close to covering half of the current price of similar cruises in summer 2021...

1 hour ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

Are you aware you're entitled to a refund on your flights, even if they were originally designated non-refundable? Even if AA tries to tell you they're only giving vouchers, you're entitled to a refund under DOT rules. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

...and, maybe taking the 125% FCC—which won’t come close to covering half of the current price of similar cruises in summer 2021...

I wouldn't pay too much attention to current Summer 2021 prices at the moment. Whenever the industry does get back to sailing the ocean blue, I think it'll be a buyer's market for a couple years. And as is always the case, supply and demand will ultimately dictate pricing. 

2 hours ago, newcruiserdave said:

Thanks.  Submitted my request.  The letter quoted 45 days to receive refund.  (Yeah, right)

The letter suggests refunds will be received “at least 45 days” from the date of submission, so don’t start calling about refund status until it has been at least 45 days.

Randy

7 minutes ago, Schmoe38 said:

The letter suggests refunds will be received “at least 45 days” from the date of submission, so don’t start calling about refund status until it has been at least 45 days.

Randy

They're telling folks 60-90 days for the rash of cancellations for April-May 11 departures.

Edited by BEAV