Cruises Suspended Until June 11, 2020

CHEZMARYLOU

20 minutes ago, DMP609 said:

Does anyone know if you used a travel agent, must they be the one to request the refund or may I fill out the refund request on Celebrity's site? Thank you!

You don't have to go through your travel agent.   Do it on line.   You will need your booking number.  Good luck.

6 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

Doesn't the No Sail Order from the U.S. government go all the way to early July?

Yes.  Unless one of the 2 other events trigger it being revoked.  Highly unlikely I'm sure.  Sailings prior to mid July are already past final payment.  They are rolling the cancellations.  I can't really blame them, holding on to the cash. 

Here’s the content of Lisa Lutoff-Perlo’s most recent letter. In this letter, she refers to receiving cruise taxes and fees refunds within at least 45 days of cancellation. Cruise payment refunds will be received at least 45 days after you submit your request.

Hope this helps.

Randy

April16 ,2020

Dear Guest,

We are facing truly unprecedented times as the coronavirus pandemic continues to have unexpected consequences on our communities and businesses. Celebrity Cruises will therefore be extending the suspension of global operations for all sailings departing on-or-before June11 ,2020.

Our extended suspension will include cancellation of the voyage on which you are currently scheduled to sail. Please know this decision was not made lightly as we value your vacation time and want to ensure you have the best experience possible on a Celebrity Cruise. Though hopeful that returning to service ahead of summer vacation plans would be an option, we all must continue to do our part in the global efforts to further contain the spread of this illness.

In order to compensate you for this cancellation, all booked guests will automatically receive a 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) valid until December 31 , 2021, for use on sailings through April 30 , 2022. The value of the FCC will be calculated based on the amount paid for your cruise and will be processed by Wednesday, May 22 , 2020 via email. Cruise taxes

and fees will be refunded automatically to your original form of payment within at least 45 days of cancellation. Should you prefer the lower value, 100% refund to your original method of payment, as opposed to the FCC, you may contact us anytime up until December 31, 2020. To avoid waiting on the phone to cancel, please contact your travel partner or click here and we will get the process started for you. You can expect to receive a refund within at least 45 days after you submit your request. Please note, if you have already cancelled your sailing by taking advantage of our Cruise With Confidence policy you will not be eligible to receive the compensation noted above.

If you pre-booked any shore excursions, beverage, internet, specialty dining or other onboard packages, through Celebrity Cruises, you will have the option of receiving 125% Onboard Credit (OBC) to be used on your next sailing, or you may choose a 100% refund. In order to select the 125% Onboard Credit please click here to submit your request. If we have not received your choice of compensation for these pre-booked items by May4 ,you will automatically receive a full refund to your original method of payment. Guests with independent shore excursion arrangements should contact their tour operators as soon as possible.

Guests with refundable air travel and hotel booked through Flights by Celebrity will be refunded automatically. You will not need to call in to initiate the process. Guests with nonrefundable flights booked through Flights by Celebrity or independent air arrangements need to contact their air carriers directly to make all required cancellations.

First and always, please take care of yourselves and your family. We appreciate your understanding as we do our part in minimizing the spread of the coronavirus and keep our guests and crew healthy and safe. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide. I look forward to the calm seas ahead and seeing you onboard.

Sincerely,

Lisa Lutoff-Perlo,
President & CEO, Celebrity Cruises

3 hours ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

Interesting.  I have a flight rt from Phoenix to Rome on June 2.  American rebooked the domestic Phoenix to Dallas TR and left off the international part.  They are all messed up.  I am Executive Platinum.  I do hope they will fix this mess up.  I would prefer a refund on the air ticket.

Just a heads up - I had my flight changed by AA and I got a full refund in less then 2min over the phone with a rep from AA. I booked independently and they were  technically “non-refundable”. There was no long wait As the website indicated and my refund was given in less that a week. 

Edited by tiggy85

7 hours ago, DMP609 said:

Does anyone know if you used a travel agent, must they be the one to request the refund or may I fill out the refund request on Celebrity's site? Thank you!

The email I received says this below, so I think you can do either. To hopefully speed up the refund and take some pressure off of my TA I have clicked the refund request for my 16 May cruise.

To avoid waiting on the phone to cancel, please contact your travel partner or click here and we will get the process started for you.

Just noticed this little alteration in the time line when you can convert your FCC into a refund to your initial method of payment.

"In order to compensate you for this cancellation, all booked guests will automatically receive a 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) valid until December 31st, 2021, for use on sailings through April 30th, 2022.  The value of the FCC will be calculated based on the amount paid for your cruise and will be processed by Wednesday, May 22nd, 2020 via email.  Cruise taxes and fees will be refunded automatically to your original form of payment within at least 45 days of cancellation.  Should you prefer the lower value, 100% refund to your original method of payment, as opposed to the FCC, you may contact us anytime up until December 31, 2020." (see letter in post 30, above, by Schmoe38)

Previously one had up until December 31 2021 to decide to convert their FCC to a refund.

Just thought I'd highlight that as it could be so easily missed.

Cheers, heather 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Schmoe38 said:

Cruise taxes

and fees will be refunded automatically to your original form of payment within at least 45 days of cancellation.

Not sure if this was deliberately ambiguous but "within at least" doesn't make any sense.  It's either within 45 days of  cancellation or it's not.  Hopefully she meant "no more than 45 days from cancellation." If she meant at least 45 days from cancellation, there's no end date on when you may receive the refund.  

12 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

Doesn't the No Sail Order from the U.S. government go all the way to early July?

Yes depending on where you start counting the 100 days from when published in the Federal Register- maybe late July.  I fully expect another identical letter sent out by RCCL cruise lines on June 11 extending the suspension of operations maybe until the July date of the No Sail Order.  They are just doing this in confined time periods for cash flow purposes I think.  People really should not expect to cruise this year until at least August at the earliest.  Unless the cruise line can meet the extensive planning and requirements necessary to lift the No Sail Order earlier.

Does anyone have any experience with FCC's used to book a cruise?  I used two FCCs to help pay for a now cancelled June cruise.  The T&C on the FCCs said the cruise must be taken by 07/16/2020.  Well, that's not going to happen now.  Do you think they are null and void or would Celebrity extend the deadline for use?

Well I got the letter and my June 4th cruise is cancelled, this was the first part of b2b the second cruise was to sail on the 12th, I have expected the cancellations! My agent as been in touch with my options and I’m asking for a refund on the first one, she actually said she thinks the June 12th will go ahead! I will request the FCC on the second cruise when Celebrity cancels, there’s no way they will be sailing. Sad times everyone, but stay safe! Dianne

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Yes depending on where you start counting the 100 days from when published in the Federal Register- maybe late July.  I fully expect another identical letter sent out by RCCL cruise lines on June 11 extending the suspension of operations maybe until the July date of the No Sail Order.  They are just doing this in confined time periods for cash flow purposes I think.  People really should not expect to cruise this year until at least August at the earliest.  Unless the cruise line can meet the extensive planning and requirements necessary to lift the No Sail Order earlier.

The posting in the federal register occurred on Wednesday:

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2020/04/15/2020-07930/no-sail-order-and-suspension-of-further-embarkation-notice-of-modification-and-extension-and-other

That means the 100 day clock is up July 25.  How RCI expects to resume service less than 60 days in is beyond me.  Prepare, as many have posted, for a third round of cancellations.

Edited by marieps

17 hours ago, dandee2 said:

even if they start cruises late june, no airline will be ready.

We are scheduled for June 20 out of Barcelona and now American Airlines has us flying from Philadelphia to Chicago  instead of Barcelona 😂😂😂. I’m certain celebrity is going to extend their cancellation dates.

The CLIA statement responding to the CDC order references a plan it had presented to deal with the virus going forward. 

"... in March and April the industry submitted proposals to the White House Coronavirus Task Force that are far reaching in prevention, detection, and care—and, importantly, would be led and funded by the industry. "

I can't find details of the plan anywhere.  Has anyone seen it?  

Edited by marieps

16 hours ago, BEAV said:

Are you aware you're entitled to a refund on your flights, even if they were originally designated non-refundable? Even if AA tries to tell you they're only giving vouchers, you're entitled to a refund under DOT rules. 

Please tell me what are DOT rules. Do they apply to Canada as well?  I am currently offered vouchers good until April 30/21 which is not good for me.

20 hours ago, ECCruise said:

They "expect to return to service June 12."

Right.

We have to start back sometime to get to normal.  I'm ready myself.  Folks older and with underlying conditions should continue to use caution..the rest of us, if we want to, should be able to move on with life.  IMHO. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

We have to start back sometime to get to normal.  I'm ready myself.  Folks older and with underlying conditions should continue to use caution..the rest of us, if we want to, should be able to move on with life.  IMHO. 

I am assuming, then, that you have cruises booked in June or July?

4 minutes ago, babylene said:

Please tell me what are DOT rules. Do they apply to Canada as well?  I am currently offered vouchers good until April 30/21 which is not good for me.

United States Department of Transportation (DOT) rules apply to any airline that operates in/out of the U.S. whether a  U.S.-based or foreign airline. DOT rules stipulate if an airline cancels your flight, you’re entitled to a full refund. You don’t have to “settle” for a voucher, which is what airlines are telling unsuspecting people in their attempt to conserve as much cash flow as possible. In recent weeks the DOT has come down hard on airlines for not being transparent with customers. 

3 minutes ago, BEAV said:

United States Department of Transportation (DOT) rules apply to any airline that operates in/out of the U.S. whether a  U.S.-based or foreign airline. DOT rules stipulate if an airline cancels your flight, you’re entitled to a full refund. You don’t have to “settle” for a voucher, which is what airlines are telling unsuspecting people in their attempt to conserve as much cash flow as possible. In recent weeks the DOT has come down hard on airlines for not being transparent with customers. 

Thank you. Our flight is for October, so has not yet been cancelled.

21 hours ago, newcruiserdave said:

Hmm... I don't see that when I go to celebrity website..   I don't doubt it, but would like to see it   This what I see

Thursday, April 16, 2020

We are facing truly unprecedented times as the coronavirus pandemic continues to have unexpected consequences on our communities and businesses.  Celebrity Cruises will therefore be extending the suspension of global operations for all sailings departing on-or-before June 11th, 2020.  In addition, due to port closures, we are modifying the June 16 Canada/New England sailing and suspending Alaska sailings through July 1, 2020. Though hopeful that returning to service ahead of summer vacation plans would be an option, we all must continue to do our part in the global efforts to further contain the spread of this illness. We are working with all guests impacted by these changes and appreciate the patience and understanding of all those involved during these unique circumstances. 

56 minutes ago, Joeghartman said:

We are scheduled for June 20 out of Barcelona and now American Airlines has us flying from Philadelphia to Chicago  instead of Barcelona 😂😂😂. I’m certain celebrity is going to extend their cancellation dates.

Hi...I agree. I don't see how ours will happen. We are supposed to fly from JFK to Madrid, then we will hop a train to Barcelona after a couple days. I hate being in limbo. Stay safe! 

• Like 1

i was waiting for this but still is a bummer it is cancelled now. also because of an X error i got a free upgrade to CC with a nice angled balcony. sigh. any chance they will give me my same freebee again 🙂  also got a great price on the cruise thru my TA and with all the 4 perks this cruise was actually cheaper on a per day basis than a carnival cruise i was shopping.