Would you spend $115 for double pts?

27 minutes ago, NCMtnBoys said:

I would spend the extra $115 for double points if I were close to the next level, yes. I have a cruise booked for January 2021 and was booked in a JS to get the extra points because the points from that cruise would have moved me from D to D+. Recently, though, I discovered that I could downgrade to a balcony cabin, forego the extra space and extra points, and save nearly $1200 doing so. The difference was not that much when I first booked the cruise. I will miss the extra space and the extra points, but nearly $1200 was way too much just for those things. We normally book balcony cabins so a JS was a splurge anyway

I thought you had to have a full suite to get double pts?

Maybe that's where I got some mystery pts, I took a friend for the price of taxes and maybe later they changed the rules to double pts for a js? Things fell off so I cant even see where I got the mystery pts tbh. 

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I thought you had to have a full suite to get double pts?

Maybe that's where I got some mystery pts, I took a friend for the price of taxes and maybe later they changed the rules to double pts for a js? Things fell off so I cant even see where I got the mystery pts tbh. 

No, just JS and above.

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Yes. You’ll recoup the money in 4 days worth of free internet access, or in the BOGO dinner when you hit D+. No brainer. 

It's just one extra day from Diamond to Diamond Plus.  She's talking about going solo.

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

That might be a good thing 🙂 

Hahaha watching my weight huh?

My TA says the price of my solo cabin is exactly the same as the inside. Crazy solo cabin pricing imo. Raised the price of solo cabins and lowered insides. Same same

• Like 1

8 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I've even sprung for balconies, or a junior suite. Tbh I live alone and if a solo cruise I dont sit out alone on my balcony, I go up where there are other people. ...though in today's climate might not be where I'm comfortable speaking to others like I usually would be. I'm much more aware of space and keeping away, though I'd still rather be up near a pool where there are people to see than alone. 

It's not the money, I just find I almost don't stay in my cabin. I can do that at home.

I guess the answer to your question lies within your cruise date. If sailing late summer or fall I would definitely want the extra space in case of quarantine. We don't spend much time in our room either but I made up my mind that I will never sail in anything less than the cheapest obstructed balcony and I will continue to book with a refundable deposit.

44 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I guess the answer to your question lies within your cruise date. If sailing late summer or fall I would definitely want the extra space in case of quarantine. 

Its next January so there could be a 2nd wave. 

I tried to put in 2 people as suggested on single supplements thread. Its $3 x 2, $6 more for them to pick my room, the gty costs extra lol. Crazy pricing on this one.

20200429_231121429.jpeg

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Its next January so there could be a 2nd wave. 

I tried to put in 2 people as suggested on single supplements thread. Its $3 x 2, $6 more for them to pick my room, the gty costs extra lol. Crazy pricing on this one.

20200429_231121429.jpeg

I saw several like that today.

12 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

108 sq ft vs 170 sq ft.  Well worth it to me for a extra 50% of space. 

Agree with this. For that difference in space, it's a small increase in price.

For the loyalty points, if it helped being pushed into the Diamond family of tiers, then I'd say yes. As you're already Diamond then I wouldn't say it would be worth it for everyone but combined with the additional space, it would be a no brainer for me. Also, it's not a 3 day cruise -- no matter how little time you spend in your room.

Edited by xDisconnections

Ocean view says up to 155 sf? Its smaller than a regular inside? Says some may have portholes, would portholes be marked. 

A ocean view I could get near the solo cabin on deck 4, $1236, which would completely use up my fcc, save having a tiny bit reissued. 4010 and 4510 near elevator, 4016 set back a bit. Plenty of choices and would save headaches. The regular inside leaves a tiny bit left over. Ov makes the most sense to completely use up fcc. Avoid headaches. Though I'm surprised its smaller than a inside. I can book on deck 4.. or deck 3 for this price, but like deck 4 where solo cabins are. This feels like best plan. Thanks all

20200430_090339245.jpeg

• Like 1

I upgraded to the OV but find rcl bookings so different than carnival. Description says larger cabin with a window or porthole .... then says 155 s.f. which is smaller than the inside cabins.

Lol even odder now my solo cabin is back into inventory and for $21 additional over the price of inside you too can book this awesome cabin.  I'd read deck 4 on jewel is a nice area so I picked a OV to stay on deck 4 though I'm scratching my head to read its smaller than a regular inside.

Let's hope things are back going by January next year. Thanks again everyone. Rcl pricing leaves me feeling baffled. The only other time I was on jewel i did a JS with a old friend. Hope the ov was a good choice. 

44 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I upgraded to the OV but find rcl bookings so different than carnival. Description says larger cabin with a window or porthole .... then says 155 s.f. which is smaller than the inside cabins.

Lol even odder now my solo cabin is back into inventory and for $21 additional over the price of inside you too can book this awesome cabin.  I'd read deck 4 on jewel is a nice area so I picked a OV to stay on deck 4 though I'm scratching my head to read its smaller than a regular inside.

Let's hope things are back going by January next year. Thanks again everyone. Rcl pricing leaves me feeling baffled. The only other time I was on jewel i did a JS with a old friend. Hope the ov was a good choice. 

Deck 4 on Radiance-class ships is my favorite location. You walk down the fall and there's the Centrum, the dining room just beyond,  or the theater in the other direction. You made a good choice!

6 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

Deck 4 on Radiance-class ships is my favorite location. You walk down the fall and there's the Centrum, the dining room just beyond,  or the theater in the other direction. You made a good choice!

Wow thanks. I had read it's a nice location, so hearing it from another poster makes me feel better about my choice. I'm still trying to wrap my mind about it being smaller than a inside but I just couldnt warm up to where the insides were. I'm glad I'm staying on deck 4 and feel better, thanks.

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Rcl pricing leaves me feeling baffled.

It is all supply and demand based by the category.  That’s why quite often solo cabins are more expensive than their double occupancy counterparts.  I quite often get neighbourhood balconies on Oasis class less than The price of insides or Ocean-views.  Obstructed balconies on Quantum class are often less than Insides.

Royals  pricing Is closer to airlines pricing models than Carnivals which appears to be more static in nature.  

with Royal, unless you want to chance it and book after final payment it is always best to book early and then watch for price drops. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It is all supply and demand based by the category.  That’s why quite often solo cabins are more expensive than their double occupancy counterparts.  I quite often get neighbourhood balconies on Oasis class less than The price of insides or Ocean-views.  Obstructed balconies on Quantum class are often less than Insides.

Royals  pricing Is closer to airlines pricing models than Carnivals which appears to be more static in nature.  

Carnivals ovs are larger than insides. Portholes are considered insides, not ovs. But yes sometimes a balcony solo pricing has been cheaper to book on carnival too. Portholes are cheaper on carnival, especially 1as, the 1as and regular portholes on carnival are larger but usually cheaper because they are far forward locations on carnival. 

I cant say I like the price of the upgrade, but it put me where I wanted to be on the ship from what I've read. Sorry for all the back and forth regarding insides I couldnt warm up to and then suddenly switching to ov. When I mock booked the ov it just felt right. I couldnt warm up to inside as a upgrade in a location i didnt want. Sorry for the complete switch. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FOXTROT said:

Yes, if getting to Diamond Plus is important. Spend $115 to get 9 points or book another 9 day cruise for around $1000. Pretty cheap when you look at it that way.

So I went from $960 to $1236, I'd have to do the math..275 extra? ... and got to stay on deck 4 which I wanted. No clue if should have gotten larger inside or ov which I liked the location. But ov 155 s.f., so smaller than inside. So hard to know if I did the right choice. 

And I do sort of have another 9 day booked. I booked adventure 5/4 days april 2021. So I got both. The 5/4 is solo cabins so just 9 points plus the 18 this one will give me. I booked it too before I knew solo cabins got 1 loyalty pt. But I hear I'll like adventure.

Been on jewel but not adventure. I drive myself nuts choosing rcl cabins.