Best way to attract people back to P&O Cruises when some semblance of normality returns?

48 minutes ago, kruzseeka said:

One impressive lady!   No hyperbole, no fudging, honest assessments when it's impossible to give definitive answers and very measured data/scientific based explanations.  

I agree.  I suspect the whole thing would be better handled with more input from female scientists, and certainly from female politicians. The track record of the latter looks rather better than that of male politicians, who are maybe more hung up on themselves than the problem they’re tackling.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

I agree.  I suspect the whole thing would be better handled with more input from female scientists, and certainly from female politicians. The track record of the latter looks rather better than that of male politicians, who are maybe more hung up on themselves than the problem they’re tackling.

Excluding Pritti Patel of course, both her sessions have been awful

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Snow Hill said:

Excluding Pritti Patel of course, both her sessions have been awful

Absolutely.  She’d probably be the one exception.  How she’s managed to get where she is goodness only knows.  Completely out of her depth.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Absolutely.  She’d probably be the one exception.  How she’s managed to get where she is goodness only knows.  Completely out of her depth.

I am getting worried Harry because I completely agree with you. It will be interesting to see how long those in the government continue to support her if the tribunal investigating bullying allegations against her finds the allegations are based on fact.

I totally agree  with everything you've said Harry. I tend to think that women have a more calming and straightforward approach. They're very good at politely putting obnoxious reporters in their place too.  Regarding Priti Patel, I can't even look at her. She has such an arrogant look on her face and an attitude that says everyone is beneath her. 

Avril 

Edited by Adawn47
Added text
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

I totally agree  with everything you've said Harry. I tend to think that women have a more calming and straightforward approach. They're very good at politely putting obnoxious reporters in their place too. 

Avril 

Apart from Patel of course!

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

I think that so far the stars of these briefings are Rishi for the politicians, and Jennie for the medics/scientists.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I think that so far the stars of these briefings are Rishi for the politicians, and Jennie for the medics/scientists.

Both very impressive.  Sunak has done extraordinarily well, particularly given the lack of experience.  Considerably more capable than his political master - he’ll have to watch his back!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Both very impressive.  Sunak has done extraordinarily well, particularly given the lack of experience.  Considerably more capable than his political master - he’ll have to watch his back!

Agreed H  but I think it's fair to say ,when it comes to Covid ..Old Boris has got experience on how it works . :classic_wink::classic_smile:

• Like 1

Best way to attract people back to P&O Cruises when some semblance of normality returns?

Maybe at the side of the onboard booking desk for future cruises, they could  put a desk  for 

cancelled cruise cash  refunds . I think that could prove popular with some clients .:classic_unsure:

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, kalos said:

Agreed H  but I think it's fair to say ,when it comes to Covid ..Old Boris has got experience on how it works . :classic_wink::classic_smile:

Maybe it was the kick up the backside he needed. He knows first hand now what he's dealing with.

Avril 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Certainly apart from Patel. I imagine there’s already a plan to get rid of her at a suitable ‘news burying’ moment.

She would probably get cruising moving again. Tremendously impressive. Talking about cruising is the object isn't it?.

26 minutes ago, zap99 said:

She would probably get cruising moving again. Tremendously impressive. Talking about cruising is the object isn't it?.

I am not sure why you think she would get cruising moving again. She does not appear to have achieved much at the home office apart from incessantly repeating that she is going to find us 20,000 more pleece officers. 😴

Edited by pete14

1 minute ago, pete14 said:

I am not sure why you think she would get cruising moving again. She does not appear to have achieved much at the home office apart from incessantly repeating that she is going to find us 20,000 more pleece officers.

Not really bothered. I just get frustrated when a few people regularly turn every thread into banging on about there own brand of politics. Now that momentum is finished perhaps understandable. If she was incharge of refunds there may be a few more people receiving them. Diane Abbot as an alternative?

10 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Not really bothered. I just get frustrated when a few people regularly turn every thread into banging on about there own brand of politics. Now that momentum is finished perhaps understandable. If she was incharge of refunds there may be a few more people receiving them. Diane Abbot as an alternative?

There is nothing in my post that hints at my ‘brand of politics’ and I am no supporter of Diane Abbot who I don’t suppose would have done any better. 

46 minutes ago, pete14 said:

There is nothing in my post that hints at my ‘brand of politics’ and I am no supporter of Diane Abbot who I don’t suppose would have done any better. 

I guess the rule " Don't bring politics into you posts" is viewed as ambitious in some quarters.

10 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I guess the rule " Don't bring politics into you posts" is viewed as ambitious in some quarters.

I was only responding to other posters who introduced the politics into this and was referring to one important political figure, already mentioned by others, who I don’t think is doing a very good job.

• Like 1

Exactly this. The usual suspects who haven't got over Brexit or the General Election. The comment about COVID-19 giving the PM 'a kick up the backside' was inexcusable. Crass in the extreme.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Might I suggest introducing pancakes with gravy, and Yorkshire puddings with golden syrup ( plus of course Haddock and chips, fried in beef dripping) into the MDR for weekly Yorkshire Night celebrations?

That should bring the punters back!  🍲

• Like 1

I only saw one of Priti Patel's briefing.  The thing that I noticed was that she was stood on a platform so that she didn't look too short in comparison to the other two giving the briefing.

I wonder whose idea that was? 😂

1 minute ago, Harry Peterson said:

Might I suggest introducing pancakes with gravy, and Yorkshire puddings with golden syrup ( plus of course Haddock and chips, fried in beef dripping) into the MDR for weekly Yorkshire Night celebrations?

That should bring the punters back!  🍲

I'm on my way Harry 🍴:classic_love:🍴 

• Like 1