Best way to attract people back to P&O Cruises when some semblance of normality returns?

35 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Might I suggest introducing pancakes with gravy, and Yorkshire puddings with golden syrup ( plus of course Haddock and chips, fried in beef dripping) into the MDR for weekly Yorkshire Night celebrations?

That should bring the punters back!  🍲

I think you have hit on something Harry. I would really enjoy trying regional specialities from around the U.K.

I have never tried pancakes with gravy, I take it the pancakes are a savoury version?

The Scottish night could be haggis,  neeps  and tatties with pepper sauce for starter, cullen skink or parten bree, venison done is a rowenberry or blackberry and port sauce then a nice Cranachan, coffee and tablet. Sorted.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

And Arbroath Smokies please!

They are in the Cullen skink, I wouldn’t make it with anything else!

I do however love smokies with garlic and parsley butter as a simple supper.

Edited by Eglesbrech

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

Might I suggest introducing pancakes with gravy, and Yorkshire puddings with golden syrup ( plus of course Haddock and chips, fried in beef dripping) into the MDR for weekly Yorkshire Night celebrations?

Obviously they already have Adult-only ships Harry but would they really introduce a ship for people from Yorkshire only?....... 😉

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I think you have hit on something Harry. I would really enjoy trying regional specialities from around the U.K.

I have never tried pancakes with gravy, I take it the pancakes are a savoury version?

The Scottish night could be haggis,  neeps  and tatties with pepper sauce for starter, cullen skink or parten bree, venison done is a rowenberry or blackberry and port sauce then a nice Cranachan, coffee and tablet. Sorted.

Works for me

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Obviously they already have Adult-only ships Harry but would they really introduce a ship for people from Yorkshire only?....... 😉

Why not ? We already  have Yorkshire Airlines  ,which only fly from Yorkshire to Yorkshire .:classic_wink::classic_smile::classic_unsure:

We will let you fly & sail with us Britboys as it was your idea :classic_cool:

2 minutes ago, kalos said:

Why not ? We already  have Yorkshire Airlines  ,which only fly from Yorkshire to Yorkshire .:classic_wink::classic_smile::classic_unsure:

I lived in Leeds for 3 years in the dim and distant but wouldn’t mind becoming part of your travel group. Maybe I could have a good look at kalos’ caravan at the same time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pete14 said:

I lived in Leeds for 3 years in the dim and distant but wouldn’t mind becoming part of your travel group. Maybe I could have a good look at kalos’ caravan at the same time.

If Britboys cruise idea takes off Pete ,we will put you down for the cruise and stay (in caravan ):classic_love:

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

They have Indian, Italian, Oriental, Spanish and Greek cuisine so  why not Yorkshire. Wait a minute they have Barnsley Chop. 😊

Avril 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kalos said:

I think I would feel quite at home in Yorkshire, straight talking no nonsense folk who enjoy hearty food.

Like the Scots you:

Wear shorts at 10 degrees and above

You like value for money
Lunch is called dinner and dinner is tea

No one in the South understands  your accent

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kalos said:

If Britboys cruise idea takes off Pete ,we will put you down for the cruise and stay (in caravan ):classic_love:

Presumably without the dim and distant link with Yorkshire, I would have to stay in the caravan for longer. 😎

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I think I would feel quite at home in Yorkshire, straight talking no nonsense folk who enjoy hearty food.

Like the Scots you:

Wear shorts at 10 degrees and above

You like value for money
Lunch is called dinner and dinner is tea

No one in the South understands  your accent.........

And after a few good swally's ... We don't understand our accents :classic_unsure:

2 hours ago, Red Ray said:

Exactly this. The usual suspects who haven't got over Brexit or the General Election. The comment about COVID-19 giving the PM 'a kick up the backside' was inexcusable. Crass in the extreme.

I made that comment but it was in no way meant how it came across. I am a big supporter of Boris and Brexit  and genuinely believe he is the right person for this country. Many people underestimated this virus, many in Parliament too. I personally didn't realise just how terrible until it came close to home and my brother in-law  died from it. Boris has thankfully recovered. When you experience a situation from all angles as Boris unfortunately did, you have a better grasp on how to react to it.That was what I meant. This has probably come out wrong again but I wanted to set the record straight. The end of politics. Back to cruising.

Avril 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Maybe you should forward that video to P&O so that they can plan MV Yorkmania...

Think I might have other holiday plans for the next umpteen years 🤔

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

I only saw one of Priti Patel's briefing.  The thing that I noticed was that she was stood on a platform so that she didn't look too short in comparison to the other two giving the briefing.

I wonder whose idea that was? 😂

Much as I agree with all the comments about Priti Patel, to be fair to her I have noticed that the platforms are put in place for all the short ar**s at the press conference. Professor Van Tam (who I think is absolutely brilliant) had one today, for example. 

43 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Much as I agree with all the comments about Priti Patel, to be fair to her I have noticed that the platforms are put in place for all the short ar**s at the press conference. Professor Van Tam (who I think is absolutely brilliant) had one today, for example. 

If you have remote cameras/ webcams can you imagine how it would look if all the subjects were different heights as it panned from one to the next. Same as if you are ever on camera ensure the camera is at your eye level,or below. If the camera is above your eye level and you are looking up,it makes you look like little child. Basic presentational techniques, not a conspiracy.

Edited by zap99

10 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Exactly.   Have to say I haven't had flu since I have been having the vaccinations.  Touch wood.

Same here both my wife and I have had flu injection for last 4 years and no flu to date.

My wife caught Swine Flu in 2009, was quite ill with it, I was ordered by my employer to stay away from work for 7 days in case I passed it on, yet I didn’t go down with it. Apparently as I caught flu in 1968 the antibodies I generated then protected me against Swine Flu, the same with my in laws they didn’t get it either. My wife didn’t catch flu in 1968 and thus caught swine flu.

I wonder if some people who don’t catch it or do and exhibit no symptoms are being protected to a degree by antibodies from a previous virus. 

1 hour ago, Selbourne said:

Van Tam is quite knowledgeable, but far too long winded, and yes lots of the smaller fry have used platforms, but then again so does Tom Cruise. 

6 hours ago, Britboys said:

I think they might well do, as the menu appears to be meat free!

Oh, of coarse meat is a southern specialty? 😄

8 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Van Tam is quite knowledgeable, but far too long winded, and yes lots of the smaller fry have used platforms, but then again so does Tom Cruise. 

Fair point, but I think most of them can be accused of that. Like many of them, he also almost always starts his answer with “Thank you for the question” whilst probably thinking the exact opposite!

12 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Fair point, but I think most of them can be accused of that. Like many of them, he also almost always starts his answer with “Thank you for the question” whilst probably thinking the exact opposite!

He impresses me more than the other experts because he seems to be able to explain things more clearly and I get the impression that he gives us a little bit more than the minimum the others provide. What irritates  me is when they show a graph and try to make you believe it shows something that it clearly doesn’t because their ‘interpretation’ fits the desired narrative.