Carnival cancelled July will NCL follow?

pinkie60

Just saw that Carnival cancelled 8 ship sailings in July. They said the would re-start August 1st. We’ve all heard that song before. Just wondering how long it will take NCL to cancel also. I think the problem here has to do with the CDC and Florida ports and other miscellaneous ports agreeing on the protocol on the process of embarkation of passengers. Social distancing, etc.  I also wonder which cruise line will be the first to sail. My cruise is scheduled for July 24th. I think when I’m notified of the cancellation I’ll try the end of November. We will be almost done with hurricane season and it will be too early for cold fronts to make it down to Miami. 

At this point and after so many cancellations and push backs anything the lines say, plan, and promise should be taken with a grain a salt .... falls on my deaf ears until they get this mess straightened out and their 400 ducks in a row. 

• Like 1

The Carnival announcement has a little more validity than their previous announcements. It is a limited number of ships from 3 ports and after the current CDC 100 Day No Sail date. Lots of things could change by August 1, but they have to start again at some point to be able to test their new procedures.

• Like 3

It’s May now, are cruise lines saying August 1st just to dangle a carrot to get people to book, to get cash in? 
Europe doesn’t want ships

Hurricane season arriving

Australia & New Zealand closed

Just saying... 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, GA Dave said:

I believe NCL will follow along with what Carnival does, they have through this whole thing.  That being said I am now waiting for them to officially cancel my Alaska cruise for August so I can move on with canceling flights and hotels.  

• Like 1

On 5/4/2020 at 7:10 PM, pinkie60 said:

Just saw that Carnival cancelled 8 ship sailings in July. They said the would re-start August 1st. We’ve all heard that song before. Just wondering how long it will take NCL to cancel also. I think the problem here has to do with the CDC and Florida ports and other miscellaneous ports agreeing on the protocol on the process of embarkation of passengers. Social distancing, etc.  I also wonder which cruise line will be the first to sail. My cruise is scheduled for July 24th. I think when I’m notified of the cancellation I’ll try the end of November. We will be almost done with hurricane season and it will be too early for cold fronts to make it down to Miami. 

Remember when most people here thought they were going to get back after 30 days Lol

Alaskan cruises are done for the year, BC won't open up to cruise ships to 2021. Bermuda is closed to tourist, I'm betting they will be closed to cruise ships until 2021. Maybe will start seeing some short cruises out of Florida in September or October

Edited by Laszlo

53 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

Remember when most people here thought they were going to get back after 30 days Lol

Alaskan cruises are done for the year, BC won't open up to cruise ships to 2021. Bermuda is closed to tourist, I'm betting they will be closed to cruise ships until 2021. Maybe will start seeing some short cruises out of Florida in September or October

So what does NCL paste on top of my Yahoo email page today......NYC to Bermuda cruises starting July 5.  And they have extended the 5 offer promo package for just another limited time.   Just can't have sympathy for them.  They know sure as hell they won't be cruising then...but still willing to take persons' money for it.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roger001 said:

So what does NCL paste on top of my Yahoo email page today......NYC to Bermuda cruises starting July 5.  And they have extended the 5 offer promo package for just another limited time.   Just can't have sympathy for them.  They know sure as hell they won't be cruising then...but still willing to take persons' money for it.  

That and they keep hitting my email up with these ads. I still haven't completed my first cruise with them. 

2 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

Has anybody seen if Florida has said they are ready for cruisers in August?

(Carnival seems to think so!)

Florida still hasn't said when they are going to open bars and some other establishments.

Florida is still requiring people coming in from NY, NJ, CT & LA to self-quarantine for 14 days (or the length of their stay, whichever is shorter).

I don't see them being ready to allow the cruise hordes to descend without restriction for August.

On 5/4/2020 at 7:29 PM, JT1962 said:

The Carnival announcement has a little more validity than their previous announcements. It is a limited number of ships from 3 ports and after the current CDC 100 Day No Sail date. Lots of things could change by August 1, but they have to start again at some point to be able to test their new procedures.

But then Carnival began backtracking right away 🤔

In a second statement, the company played down the possibility of an Aug. 1 start date, saying that “any resumption of cruise operations — whenever that may be — is fully dependent” on discussions with government officials.

A spokesman for Carnival Cruise Line, Chris Chiames, said in a separate email that the exact reopening date would be subject to change.

“There is no assurance of a return on Aug. 1,” Mr. Chiames said. “Our intent was to convey that we will take a phased-in approach, no matter when that it is, and focus resources and new protocols on a limited number of operations.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/04/business/coronavirus-carnival-cruises-returning.html

Reminds me of a dog chasing his tail 'round and 'round, just wish they would stop mentioning dates until they're absolutely sure of what's happening - because it's not fair when hopes are raised and then dashed in a matter of hours LOL.

4 hours ago, Jobeth66 said:

Florida still hasn't said when they are going to open bars and some other establishments.

Florida is still requiring people coming in from NY, NJ, CT & LA to self-quarantine for 14 days (or the length of their stay, whichever is shorter).

I don't see them being ready to allow the cruise hordes to descend without restriction for August.

Florida has a lot more cases than Missouri. Should we put Floridians in quarantine if they try to pass through our great state? Most of the cases in Missouri are in St Louis. Should Kansas City quarantine those from the other side of the state? If I were from NY and going to the beach in Florida I would just enjoy myself and ignore the quarantine.