Time Frame FCC FOR Cancelled Cruise

We cancelled our April 12 TA cruise many, many weeks ago. Our CC was credited with the fees and taxes quickly. I have not received an email or letter about the FCC we are scheduled to get. Has anyone in a similar situation received this credit? How were you notified? Is it too soon for me to be concerned?

17 minutes ago, pthjudy said:

We cancelled our April 12 TA cruise many, many weeks ago. Our CC was credited with the fees and taxes quickly. I have not received an email or letter about the FCC we are scheduled to get. Has anyone in a similar situation received this credit? How were you notified? Is it too soon for me to be concerned?

We had reservations for the same day on the Anthem.  Called RCL and was told 30 business days from the cruise date which would bring us to May 22.  Also, at least you got the taxes & fees reimbursements.  In addition, our tours cost supposedly will be reimbursed 30-45 business days from e-mail receipt confirming the said cancellations.

56 minutes ago, pthjudy said:

Update: I just called RC and after a very brief wait was told the FCC was on my account. So much for the email! 

Good to know your FCC was on your account.  Read travel agent poster here on CC who mentioned sometimes it's easier to give the original booking number for your FCC than using the FCC when rebooking. 

I called Royal to find out about FCC as well.  It wasn't available at the time. Agent double checked my email to see if all was correct.  He mentioned there were two places the email could be and checked both.  I actually received my FCC email the next day.  🙂

Have not received our taxes to our credit card yet. 

7 minutes ago, denamo said:

Good to know your FCC was on your account.  Read travel agent poster here on CC who mentioned sometimes it's easier to give the original booking number for your FCC than using the FCC when rebooking. 

I called Royal to find out about FCC as well.  It wasn't available at the time. Agent double checked my email to see if all was correct.  He mentioned there were two places the email could be and checked both.  I actually received my FCC email the next day.  🙂

Have not received our taxes to our credit card yet. 

And we received the cc credit several weeks ago. With no set procedure it behoves us to check ourselves. (And often)

• Like 1

There is now a schedule on RCL's website as to when FCCs can be expected, based on sail date.

• We will automatically issue you your Future Cruise Credit (FCC) via email. So, there’s nothing for you to do! You can expect to receive your FCC by:

◦ Monday, April 13th, 2020, if your sail date was on or before April 10th, 2020, or on Ovation of the Seas April 11th, 2020, Radiance March 14, 2020, Jewel of the Seas March 19 – May 5, 2020, and all April 2020 Spectrum of the Seas sailings.

◦ Monday, April 30th, 2020, if your sail date was April 11th – May 11th, 2020, including Alaska sailings departing May 12th – June 30th 2020, Empress of the Seas June 1st, 2020 & June 12th, 2020 sailings, and May 2020 Voyager of the Seas sailings (excluding May 25th, 2020 sailing)

◦ Friday, May 22nd, 2020, if your sail date was on or after May 12th, 2020.

◦ Friday, June 5th, 2020, if you were booked on Vision of the Seas’ June 13th, 2020 and Anthem of the Seas’ June 20th, 2020 sailings.

we've received our FCCs for our cancelled March cuises, but are still waiting for our FCCs for our cancelled July cruises.

Edited by orville99

2 hours ago, pthjudy said:

Update: I just called RC and after a very brief wait was told the FCC was on my account. So much for the email! 

Account?  Did you get or looked for proof.

33 minutes ago, orville99 said:

There is now a schedule on RCL's website as to when FCCs can be expected, based on sail date.

• We will automatically issue you your Future Cruise Credit (FCC) via email. So, there’s nothing for you to do! You can expect to receive your FCC by:

◦ Monday, April 30th, 2020, if your sail date was April 11th – May 11th, 2020, including Alaska sailings departing May 12th – June 30th 2020, Empress of the Seas June 1st, 2020 & June 12th, 2020 sailings, and May 2020 Voyager of the Seas sailings (excluding May 25th, 2020 sailing)

I fall into the above with a May 2nd TA to Amsterdam 

I have yet to receive the FCC or the FOBC  

Just now, TheMiz said:

Not surprised, they all seem to be coming back slowly and inconsistently We've received a full refund for the cruise fare on our cancelled July 12 cruise, but are still waiting on the FCC for the deposit; have received the refund for the pre-cruise purchases that we made for our  cancelled May 17 cruise, but not the refund for the cruise itself. 

20 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Account?  Did you get or looked for proof.

I actually never thought of proof. Without that email I have none. However when I gave my booking number, the amount of FCC I had on the account and my husband had, were correct to the dollar. I have to assume it is there on my account ie I need to trust!

11 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

One of our FCCs went to an email address I didn't even remember giving RCL.  Another person mentioned that theirs went to their son's junk mail folder.  We did receive all of ours on 4/30.  I suggest checking more than one email, and your junk folder too.  Hope you get it soon.  🙂  I know how frustrating the waiting is.

14 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

One of our FCCs went to an email address I didn't even remember giving RCL.  Another person mentioned that theirs went to their son's junk mail folder.  We did receive all of ours on 4/30.  I suggest checking more than one email, and your junk folder too.  Hope you get it soon.  🙂  I know how frustrating the waiting is.

They have my correct email address

I did receive this on May 1st

We’re sorry your credit is taking a little longer than expected.

I should expect it BY May 15th.

Seems they didn't expect so many ppl to take the FOBC too 

3 hours ago, barbeyg said:

I did check all emails and junk but not there. I tried calling this afternoon but wait was too long. I plan to call tomorrow morning when it’s less busy and insist on documentation. Who knows what will happen to cruising going forward and keeping track of what we have is important. 

• Like 1

I did call RC this morning before 7. The agent sent me an email confirming the FCC. Why I never received that email when the money was put into my account is confusing, but if I hadn’t called I’d still be waiting. 

17 minutes ago, pthjudy said:

Why I never received that email when the money was put into my account is confusing,

Not confusing, if you simply don't expect it, you'll be pleasantly surprised if you do - managing expectations with RCI IT is the key.

55 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

At least you received your port charges/taxes refunded. They cancelled my March 22 cruise and still have not received the refund. 

If they cancelled, you should get a refund of all you paid. If you want to double check, the best time to call is before 7 AM. The wait is less than 5 minutes.

30 minutes ago, pthjudy said:

If they cancelled, you should get a refund of all you paid. If you want to double check, the best time to call is before 7 AM. The wait is less than 5 minutes.

I got the FCC weeks ago, just haven’t gotten the port charges/taxes refunded. 

Email I received last week.. My cruise was supposed to be 4/26 on oasis.

Dear Guest,

We know you’re patiently waiting for your Future Cruise Credit and Cruise Planner Onboard Credit to plan your next getaway with us, once we return to service.

When we announced the new Cruise Planner Onboard Credit offer, we had no idea it would be so popular. Due to the large volume of credits requested, we are delayed and need a little more time to tie up some loose ends and you’ll have both your Future Cruise Credit and your Cruise Planner Onboard Credit in your email inbox! We’re terribly sorry for the delay, but promise we’re working around the clock to get these to you! You can expect to receive your credits by May 15th, 2020.

I call Bull RE cruise companies.  The airlines are faced with the exact same situation.  I got both of my Delta refunds within 24 hours.  It’s been 2 months for Celebrity.  Disgraceful. They are earning interest on hundreds of thousands of dollars.  THAT IS WHY they are delaying !!!!!!!   And they have increased their prices for the same cruise in the future by 50 to 75%.   Moreover, I got immediate refunds from Viator, Booking.com and even from Allianze.   The cruise lines should be ashamed of themselves.  Last, they sent me luggage tags for the cruise that canceled 6 weeks earlier.  What a waste of their money  How inefficient can they be????

Edited by Geri99
Add info. Correct typo