Pinnacle with royal

ljason913

14 hours ago, Orator said:

I've seen very few Zeniths wear their pin  They even keep their. Zenith Seapass card out of sight until it is needed. I don't know why some can't avoid making negative comments about status.

Not to demean status ,but to me, it just means you have the time and more importantly the money. I don't see it as a true "achievement" , more of a financial "perk"

4 minutes ago, oneputt18 said:

Not to demean status ,but to me, it just means you have the time and more importantly the money. I don't see it as a true "achievement" , more of a financial "perk"

Zenith is more like a financial mountain to climb for most of us.  And a very very slow ascent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, oneputt18 said:

I would agree that your level is really not an "achievement" in one sense of the word. While it does take some effort, it doesn't take courage or skill to reach any level of any loyalty program. There is however another meaning of the word that simply says theat "achievement is simply the process of achieving something". In that sense reaching a loyalty level is an achievement. The first definition applies to heros that should be honored for their sacrifices for the common good and we have many examples today. Thanks to all those who serve!

19 hours ago, Orator said:

I've seen very few Zeniths wear their pin  They even keep their. Zenith Seapass card out of sight until it is needed. I don't know why some can't avoid making negative comments about status.

I agree with you about Zenith level people on X.  It is totally different on Royal where Pins love to show how important they are.   A totally different mindset.  

21 hours ago, Orator said:

Grand Celebrity Cruiser.png

• Haha 1

What's the difference if you wear a pin that recognizes your level? It was given to you by the line and it's your choice to wear it or not. What's the difference if you wear a fraternal pin or a college pin or any other pin?  Don't people carry some brands of handbags and wear jewelry to indicate status or wealth? Some college football players wear symbols of success on their helmets and military heroes wear ribbons and metals. I see nothing wrong with this. I care more about character than symbols.

1 hour ago, Life Buoy said:

What's the difference if you wear a pin that recognizes your level? It was given to you by the line and it's your choice to wear it or not. What's the difference if you wear a fraternal pin or a college pin or any other pin?  Don't people carry some brands of handbags and wear jewelry to indicate status or wealth? Some college football players wear symbols of success on their helmets and military heroes wear ribbons and metals. I see nothing wrong with this. I care more about character than symbols.

No disrespect for those who have attained the Zenith level, but I really have great difficulty trying to equate that with the medals awarded military heroes.

• Like 2

The difference is that the Pinnacles are not hero’s, they are not successful, they simply spent their time cruising exclusively on Royal and no other cruise line. They seem to think we care that they have reached that tier so they display those pins. On my last two cruises Pinnacles on Royal were riding the elevators together with their pins. My reaction to the pin wearing Pinnacles is they are weird. I know a couple who I dearly love, and who are great people who booked a whole bunch of cruises just to reach that level. Still sad I think that they devoted so much effort to that. I hope Royal survives because of Royal goes under or eliminates the program they are going to be severely depressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

No disrespect for those who have attained the Zenith level, but I really have great difficulty trying to equate that with the medals awarded military heroes.

The Zeniths though seem more classy than the Pinnacles. They are not ostentatious about it. Zeniths I have met tend to have reached that tier without it being their life goal. I have more respect for the Zeniths than Pinnacles because they didn’t take a bunch of short, cheap cruises to reach that level.

On 5/13/2020 at 10:21 AM, awhfy said:

We made Elite+ after our March MardiGras & ABC cruises. Looking forward to 240 minutes of internet & cafe ElBacio coffees. Just hope to cruise again in March!

I look forward to getting away from the internet when I cruise, which I can do at any level.  😉

2 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

The Zeniths though seem more classy than the Pinnacles. They are not ostentatious about it. Zeniths I have met tend to have reached that tier without it being their life goal.

My post was a reaction to @Life Buoy's comparison, not to the attitude of Zeniths. I doubt that any of them would agree with his comment either.

Why so much judgment?  Comparisons of Zenith vs Pinnacles as if it were a nationality or genetic difference?  Just because some wear a stupid pin we think we know them and what it represents to them?  They are just all mostly very nice people in my experience who enjoy cruising and spent a lot of time and money cruising. So what if some display a pin or not?

On 5/14/2020 at 5:46 PM, Orator said:

Status:  the relative social, professional, or other standing of someone or something.

That's the real issue, isn't it.   You have an implied "standing" better than others, and flaunt it.  Note:  You don't have any "status."  What you have is a cheap way for the cruise line to think you do and to make more $$$ off you.

• Haha 1

On 5/14/2020 at 5:46 PM, Orator said:

Edited by Ride-The-Waves

14 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

The difference is that the Pinnacles are not hero’s, they are not successful, they simply spent their time cruising exclusively on Royal and no other cruise line. They seem to think we care that they have reached that tier so they display those pins. On my last two cruises Pinnacles on Royal were riding the elevators together with their pins. My reaction to the pin wearing Pinnacles is they are weird. I know a couple who I dearly love, and who are great people who booked a whole bunch of cruises just to reach that level. Still sad I think that they devoted so much effort to that. I hope Royal survives because of Royal goes under or eliminates the program they are going to be severely depressed.

Same here.  Good friends of my wife's.  They "cruise" in cheap cabins just to reach "pinnacle."  No other reason for selecting ships or destinations.

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Why so much judgment?  Comparisons of Zenith vs Pinnacles as if it were a nationality or genetic difference?  Just because some wear a stupid pin we think we know them and what it represents to them?  They are just all mostly very nice people in my experience who enjoy cruising and spent a lot of time and money cruising. So what if some display a pin or not?

Agree. Some may have tier level envy. 

2 hours ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

Status:  the relative social, professional, or other standing of someone or something.

That's the real issue, isn't it.   You have an implied "standing" better than others, and flaunt it.  Note:  You don't have any "status."  What you have is a cheap way for the cruise line to think you do and to make more $$$ off you.

Just to set the record straight, have never seen Orator flaunt his status and I’ve been on this board since it started.

Edited by dkjretired
  • Like 1

Just to set the record straight, have never seen Orator flaunt his status and I’ve been on this board since it started.

I have never seen any Zeniths flaunt their status on Celebrity sailings. I have seen Pinnacles do it on Royal sailings. One time recently there were some Pinnacles in the elevator together wearing the pins and they really didn’t want us to get in. Do Zeniths get pins? I have never seen any passenger wearing a Zenith Pin. I have talked to Zeniths in the social hour and they didn’t get there by doing a bunch of cheap cruises to attain Zenith. A lot of them were in suites.

I am Elite Plus and I do use the 240 minutes and like the specialty coffees but I won’t ever reach Zenith because I won’t exclusively book Celebrity. Probably in the future when cruises are safe to book I will book the small ships. Did Oceania last summer and internet and specialty coffees are included. Thee are other lines with smaller ships.

• Like 1

We are both Pinnacle and Zenith because we love to cruise . We could care less about the pins and just enjoy our time on the ships. I truly hope that cruising will continue at some point so everyone can enjoy the ships and ports no matter what line they choose.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I have never seen any Zeniths flaunt their status on Celebrity sailings. I have seen Pinnacles do it on Royal sailings. One time recently there were some Pinnacles in the elevator together wearing the pins and they really didn’t want us to get in. Do Zeniths get pins? I have never seen any passenger wearing a Zenith Pin. I have talked to Zeniths in the social hour and they didn’t get there by doing a bunch of cheap cruises to attain Zenith. A lot of them were in suites.

I am Elite Plus and I do use the 240 minutes and like the specialty coffees but I won’t ever reach Zenith because I won’t exclusively book Celebrity. Probably in the future when cruises are safe to book I will book the small ships. Did Oceania last summer and internet and specialty coffees are included. Thee are other lines with smaller ships.

Yes, you get a Zenith pin, but Pinnacles definitely wear them.  It's a badge of honour that I really don't understand. 

I've been cruising a lot on Azamara ships for the last 8 years and if you are talking of catching germs as opposed to the larger ships and in spite of cleanliness claims made, I've found no difference.  I still pick colds up. Actually probably more on Azamara. 

Phil 

• Like 1

On 5/15/2020 at 1:45 PM, cruiserhal said:

I agree with you about Zenith level people on X.  It is totally different on Royal where Pins love to show how important they are.   A totally different mindset.  

Maybe  Pinnacles would be happier staying  with Royal C.. X is much more understatedbabout levels and perks.

Pinnacles will not be accorded Zenith level  perks without indpendently reaching that level...difficult to attain!

We will be  E Plus forever!