Lift and shift. A new question

4 minutes ago, Jcol5786 said:

Well I hope we will not need to move this cruise because we really want to try Empress. We even scored one of the larger OV rooms with 2 windows but with the uncertainty around the resumption of cruising and travel issues  from Canada and all the talk about RC getting rid of Empress it seems like a real possibility that we won't be going on this cruise. I know the L&S rules state same cruise length but if we are giving up a day it would seem reasonable that they would allow us to move to a 7 day cruise but who knows. Rules are rules.

They are very unwilling to allow exceptions for any sort of deviation from their posted rules.  It will actually pi** less people off if they keep everything black and white as opposed to one agent granting one person an exception and another agent not alllowing it.  Even in one of the examples they have someone asking to go from a 4 dayy to 3 day and they say no.

• If my client was booked on a 4-night Bahamas cruise onboard Mariner of the Seas in October 2020 and now wishes to move to a 3-Night weekend getaway onboard the same ship in October 2021, can my client take advantage of Lift & Shift as long as the same stateroom category is selected?

Though the same itinerary, stateroom category, and 4-week cruise window were selected, unfortunately, Lift & Shift is only applicable on sailings of the same length. If your clients would like to reconsider, we will happily protect the pricing and promotional offerings on a 4-Night Bahamas cruise in October 2021.

17 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Cruises must be the same length. I think I recall seeing one exception when there was NO other 8 day cruises.

Someone on our roll call posted he was allowed to L&S the 11 night cruise ( Grandeur) to a 12 night (Enchantment).  The Grandeur is leaving next year and he shifted to the Enchantment only they had 12 nights and no 11 nights.

We are thinking of doing this, but instead of emailing our TA, we will wait to talk on phone.

This was done thru their TA.

Edited by retiredgram

This is a good thread... I'm curious if anyone had book a studio balcony (very few of these), and couldn't use the lift and shift due to all rooms being booked. I asked my agent I'm working with about this, and she wasn't sure what would happen saying she just thinks that they would give you a better room if that room is taken (I doubt this). 

12 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It is very clear in the rules that cruises must be shifted to "next year" plus / minus 4 weeks

NEW! Introducing Lift & Shift for those guests simply wishing to move their existing booking to next year. Eligible for rebooking between now and August 1, 2020, guests can protect their original price and promotional offering simply by selecting a future sailing on the same itinerary type, sailing length, stateroom category, and within the same 4-week period of their original cruise date same-time-next-year.

Hi.

we are booked on a European cruise on the allure this October,

can we change this with the lift and shift to the Harmony next October (2021 ) as Allure

is not doing Europe next year ( same itinerary)

will the lift and shift also lock in the flights as we booked it as a package with royal Caribbean.

IAN 

Edited by mrpie90
error

28 minutes ago, mrpie90 said:

Hi.

can we change this with the lift and shift to the Harmony next October (2021 ) as Allure

will the lift and shift also lock in the flights as we booked it as a package with royal Caribbean.

IAN 

I don't know about the flights but you can definitely switch from Allure to Harmony as it's exactly the same cruise. We did precisely that.

48 minutes ago, mrpie90 said:

Hi.

IAN 

Yes that can be shifted and there have been at least 2 reports of the flights being honoured as well (if they were the free flights promotion).  If they were just regular flights booked through Roysl then I don’t believe those are covered. 

14 hours ago, FaithPlus1 said:

This is a good thread... I'm curious if anyone had book a studio balcony (very few of these), and couldn't use the lift and shift due to all rooms being booked. I asked my agent I'm working with about this, and she wasn't sure what would happen saying she just thinks that they would give you a better room if that room is taken (I doubt this). 

I had an ultimate panoramic suite in Allute that is not being built. I cannot lift it because there is no other room available on that itinerary or any other ship. 

26 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

I had an ultimate panoramic suite in Allute that is not being built. I cannot lift it because there is no other room available on that itinerary or any other ship. 

That room is on the Oasis but that would only work if itineraries matched up. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

2 hours ago, irishgal432 said:

Did you just take a refund?

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes that can be shifted and there have been at least 2 reports of the flights being honoured as well (if they were the free flights promotion).  If they were just regular flights booked through Roysl then I don’t believe those are covered. 

Were these free flights ever offered in the US or is this just a UK thing for Europe Flights?

Edited by Jimbo

I did a Lift & Shift -  Same ship, one port changed.  But no 6D's were available - so had to go to a 4D.  Had to go from Deck 9 to Deck 8 - maybe they should have compensated me with a Drink Package!   😆

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, crilski said:

I did a Lift & Shift -  Same ship, one port changed.  But no 6D's were available - so had to go to a 4D.  Had to go from Deck 9 to Deck 8 - maybe they should have compensated me with a Drink Package!   😆

Okay this is good to know. I figured they would downgrade you instead of upgrade you, but my agent thought the opposite. For me it's a bigger issue because I'm in a studio balcony room. 

18 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It is very clear in the rules that cruises must be shifted to "next year" plus / minus 4 weeks

NEW! Introducing Lift & Shift for those guests simply wishing to move their existing booking to next year. Eligible for rebooking between now and August 1, 2020, guests can protect their original price and promotional offering simply by selecting a future sailing on the same itinerary type, sailing length, stateroom category, and within the same 4-week period of their original cruise date same-time-next-year.

Thanks for posting. I am scheduled for the end of August, so I will need to see if they will extend.

On 5/15/2020 at 5:18 PM, FaithPlus1 said:

This is my Q as well.  I'm booked in a studio OV and have already checked all qualifying sailings next year and no studio OV cabins remain.  If I end up doing the Lift & Shift I'll see what they say... I'm willing to pay the difference for a regular OV.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2020 at 4:08 PM, Jcol5786 said:

Well I hope we will not need to move this cruise because we really want to try Empress. We even scored one of the larger OV rooms with 2 windows but with the uncertainty around the resumption of cruising and travel issues  from Canada and all the talk about RC getting rid of Empress it seems like a real possibility that we won't be going on this cruise. I know the L&S rules state same cruise length but if we are giving up a day it would seem reasonable that they would allow us to move to a 7 day cruise but who knows. Rules are rules.

Where did you read all the talk about RC getting rid of Empress? 😒 I finally found my 'perfect' Bermuda sailing, and the reason is because of the smaller ship.  I'm supposed to sail in July and will likely have to L & S to next year.  Is she still gonna be around?

Does anyone know if I have booked non -refundable cruise for Sept, am I allowed to lift and shift, or is this only available to refundable bookings? Also, our kids have the same Sept cruise, only a refundable room plus they got kids sail free. Would they be able to shift to August of 2021 even though kids sail free promotion is usually not available in August? I booked my reservation directly through rccl web site, and kids booked on the phone. I did not even have a choice on line of refundable. Thank you!

1 hour ago, Sianli said:

Does anyone know if I have booked non -refundable cruise for Sept, am I allowed to lift and shift, or is this only available to refundable bookings?

Would they be able to shift to August of 2021 even though kids sail free promotion is usually not available in August?

You can L&S either booking type.

Yes, I think some have reported being able to do that.

4 hours ago, Zblaster said:

I am booked on Oasis of the Seas this June on a 7 Day Perfect Day Bahamas Cruise- Can I lift and shift to Symphony of the Seas that includes Perfect Day in the itinerary for next June?

No.  The Oasis  is considered a Bahamas cruise.  Symphony is considered Caribbean. 

On 5/15/2020 at 5:03 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Cruises must be the same length. I think I recall seeing one exception when there was NO other 8 day cruises.

Sure Would like more info on this exception.  

Just now, Dennis#1 said:

Sure Would like more info on this exception.  

Both the 10 nights are listed as a Southern caribbean. Actual ports do not matter. Switching to Vision will be fine. 

the only exception I saw was a European cruise where there were no other options.