Father's day Gift Card Bonus

Denmal

Princess has a bonus if you buy a Father's day gift card - for each $500.00 spent you get $50.00 - That is a good deal.  Just got it online and took only a few minutes to get the digital cards

• Thanks 1

Wasn't it $1000 for the bonus $50 on previous gift card offers?

I MAY would be tempted if it weren't for our our double your deposit offer ended up. ....and I'm currently waiting on the FCC to show up to book anything else for that reason.

10 hours ago, Denmal said:

Princess has a bonus if you buy a Father's day gift card - for each $500.00 spent you get $50.00 - That is a good deal.  Just got it online and took only a few minutes to get the digital cards

The bonus card probably has a relatively soon expiration date.

If you have a Princess cruise booked, you can call Princess before that date to apply the bonus card as OBC on that cruise.

My next cruise is a 30 day cruise on the Grand Princess from LA to Shanghai booked for this October, which I think has a fair chance of being cancelled or modified. On my last two Princess cruises that were cancelled I accepted the offer of double FCCs instead of refund of the deposit. I was assured this morning by a Princess Gift card rep that cruise deposits with a gift card are treated the same as any other deposit and would be eligible for double FCC if the cruise was cancelled.

So, I bought $500 x 4 gift cards with $200 bonus to apply to the deposit of my next cruise.

• Like 3

Some of you people are real trusting. I won't be buying gift cards in the foreseeable future. I'm afraid of loosing my money while I am still waiting for a hefty refund from a cancelled cruise in march. Carnival stock took a huge dive today which further scares me about my refund and the cruise industry's future. 

Edited by cruzsnooze
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

Some of you people are real trusting. I won't be buying gift cards in the foreseeable future. I'm afraid of loosing my money while I am still waiting for a hefty refund from a cancelled cruise in march. Carnival stock took a huge dive today which further scares me about my refund and the cruise industry's future. 

That dive has noting to do with Carnival in particular.  I presume you have also looked at the broader markets?  Europe was down overnight, NASDAQ, S&P 500, DOW - all tanked today.  Meanwhile I am happy I took some profits two days ago and sold half my S&P 500 ETF that I was buying up when markets tanked in winter/spring from COVID.

• Thanks 1

With all of the posts here by people trying to get refunds to their gift cards...

And the uncertainty of a particular future cruise occuring...

(how do you the cruise you're interested in will actually sail before the card expiration date?)

...why would anyone buy a gift card?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Roberto256 said:

With all of the posts here by people trying to get refunds to their gift cards...

And the uncertainty of a particular future cruise occuring...

(how do you the cruise you're interested in will actually sail before the card expiration date?)

...why would anyone buy a gift card?

I had applied a $1000 Gift Card in February to an April cruise that Princess cancelled in March. i took Option 1 and did get the FCCs before the gift card reposted. But they did repost. There is no gift card expiration date on the gift card or the bonus gift card. I have four cruises booked for next year. I think there is a higher probability they will sail than the one I have booked for October. I am trying to build up as high amount of FCCs to apply to those cruises as possible. So far, I have 150% FCC for the April cruise that was cancelled and 200% of the deposits I had put on the two August/September cruises that were cancelled.

I turn 80 next year. Somewhat of a landmark year. I'm not going to wait until everything is back to what it was. I'm taking as much a risk now so I can do what I want as soon as I can while I can.  I am putting myself in position to sail. If they don't........

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I still have $250 in "bonus" cards they applied to a cruise that - while it hasn't been "officially" cancelled yet, is certain to be cancelled. If these were "normal" times I'd jump on this offer as it's better than previous offers but I really don't trust that we will enjoy cruising in whatever it's new form might be. If I was absolutely certain our May/June 2021 cruises were going to happen I'd buy more cards during this promo but, as I'm not at all sure those cruises will happen and am already in possession of $5k in gift cards I don't think I'll bite this time.

Edit: Unless, of course, my wife asks me to buy some. 😵

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 2

On 6/9/2020 at 12:02 PM, franktown said:

Better deal on Allstate drivewise rewards.  500 dollar gift card only 435.  

How do you get that?

I'm figuring, "In for a penny, in for a pound."  If they tank, we're going to lose so much money anyway that another $435 isn't going to make too much difference :-).  By buying the gift card, I figure we're doing our little part to help keep them afloat.

Edited by WAMarathoner

1 hour ago, WAMarathoner said:

How do you get that?

I'm figuring, "In for a penny, in for a pound."  If they tank, we're going to lose so much money anyway that another $435 isn't going to make too much difference :-).  By buying the gift card, I figure we're doing our little part to help keep them afloat.

I have Allstate insurance so I just log in but about 6 months ago there was a long thread on how to log in and get the gift cards without having Allstate insurance.  You might use the search feature on the top of the page.

• Thanks 1