Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

2 hours ago, capecodmercury said:

Have you linked your accounts?   With linked accounts,  you will both be treated as having the amount of points of the spouse with the higher amount.

This requires a call in (frustrating that you can't do it on line).  When I called in to link our accounts, I had a laundry list of items to discuss including missing points.  Once I got through to someone, the rep was wonderful.   She resolved all of my questions  and as an end result, I was credited with 15 missing points.

As a side note, has anyone else noticed that the sales blurbs you are subjected while on hold are overwhelmingly focused on Suites and the Retreat?   Easy to see where Celebrity is focusing their efforts.

Good luck with the 800 number.  I call it last month to link accounts and I was on hold for 45 minutes before I talked with anyone.  The first agent said she needed to transfer me to another department but all she did was put me back in the original line.  After another 45 minutes the second agent who also wanted to transfer me.  I convinced her to stay on the line until we got another agent and she agreed.  After waiting another 30 minutes, I never actually talked to another department, she took my information and said it was done but might take a couple days.  After a month it's still not done and calling the 800 number again doesn't give me much hope.

Good Luck

53 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Good luck with the 800 number.  I call it last month to link accounts and I was on hold for 45 minutes before I talked with anyone.  The first agent said she needed to transfer me to another department but all she did was put me back in the original line.  After another 45 minutes the second agent who also wanted to transfer me.  I convinced her to stay on the line until we got another agent and she agreed.  After waiting another 30 minutes, I never actually talked to another department, she took my information and said it was done but might take a couple days.  After a month it's still not done and calling the 800 number again doesn't give me much hope.

Good Luck

This happened to me the first time I called.  I waited 90 minutes and when I got through I was told I was on wrong line and got shunted back to hold  (where I got disconnected 10 minutes later). 

It was suggested to me that I call the 1 800 Captain’s Club number (1 800 760-0654) and not hit any of the prompts they give you.  This is what worked.  Also, call during hours where the Captain’s Club reps are working..  Still waited 75 minutes or so, but finally got someone who could help.

8 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

While modifying my communication preferences in Captains Club website I noticed Azamara was on there with my same CC #.  Strange, Azamara I thought is no longer under the corporate umbrella? 

They haven’t yet ‘uncoupled’.  We booked our first Az cruise recently and were assigned our X points when we signed up for the loyalty club. Plus, I’ve received points on my Azamara account from these Power-up points.  I’ve read that it’ll be at least November before Az finally breaks from the RCCL set-up.  They’re still using their booking system. 

• Thanks 1

Like some others, I did not get the point for the June Caribbean quiz either and it's far enough past the 14th to figure it's unlikely to show up.  This is the first time I've not received an expected point. A travel friend who also did this quiz at the same time also DID NOT get this point yet. Hopefully just a one off and the July Mexico quiz point shows up in August.  I don't have it in me to call about one missing point; if I was closer to a next tier I would but for now I will see what happens in August.

Edited by poffles

5 hours ago, poffles said:

Like some others, I did not get the point for the June Caribbean quiz either and it's far enough past the 14th to figure it's unlikely to show up.  This is the first time I've not received an expected point. A travel friend who also did this quiz at the same time also DID NOT get this point yet. Hopefully just a one off and the July Mexico quiz point shows up in August.  I don't have it in me to call about one missing point; if I was closer to a next tier I would but for now I will see what happens in August.

I haven't gotten that point either, nor my points for my cruise that ended July 3rd. I've tried calling a few times, and I actually got someone who said it takes 30 days, as I was looking at the Celebrity page that said 10 days.  But every time I did get a live voice, they said they would have to connect me with someone actually from the Captain's Club, at which point they then just put me back in the original hold line I had been on before I spoke with them.  Guess if I call at 5AM I might have a chance.

Edited by kpark895
  • Thanks 1

I never received the point for the June Caribbean quiz either. I know I have missed others. I did call once when I didn’t receive 5 Pts for booking shoe excursions.  I did call on that one and received them after about 3 weeks 

From website FAQs: Captain's Club Rewards Program | Celebrity Cruises

Club points can take up to 14 days to post to your account. If after 14 days, you still do not see your club points, call the Captain’s Club at 1-844-418-6824.

For United Kingdom, please call: 0844 481 7505*
For Republic of Ireland, please call: 1800 932 662*

*Calls cost 7p per minute plus your network access charge.

I didn't get my one point for June either. First time Power Points didn't get added. I'm not close to the next level, but I played the game, took the quiz, and I want my point.

I'm with most of you, I'm not going to invest an hour or more of phone time. But come on Celebrity, we Captains Club Members have been the group sailing over the last year and helping to keep them afloat.

-Sunny

5 hours ago, kpark895 said:

I haven't gotten that point either, nor my points for my cruise that ended July 3rd. I've tried calling a few times, and I actually got someone who said it takes 30 days, as I was looking at the Celebrity page that said 10 days.  But every time I did get a live voice, they said they would have to connect me with someone actually from the Captain's Club, at which point they then just put me back in the original hold line I had been on before I spoke with them.  Guess if I call at 5AM I might have a chance.

I feel your frustration.  I hope all your points show upIt looks like you're booked for that Canada/New England cruise.Im doing it next year!! I hope it's amazing.

-Sunny

6 hours ago, Sunny Pearl said:

I feel your frustration.  I hope all your points show upIt looks like you're booked for that Canada/New England cruise.Im doing it next year!! I hope it's amazing.

-Sunny

Thanks.  Yes, going this September to the northern Maine coast/Canada.  I really like the Summit and look forward to two more cruises I have scheduled on her.

Celebrity doesn't seem to be able to do proper accounting and award earned points correctly.   I wonder how much this is impacting their customer service capacity?  If they just discontinue PUP, maybe it would reduce the hold times on the customer service lines.   Let's go back to earning CC points the old way, by taking a cruise! 

I understood doing this during the pandemic but now the entire fleet is back in service.  All this program is doing is helping them devalue the program.

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, kpark895 said:

Are you calling 1-800-760-0654? I always get a CC rep and the wait time is short. 

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Are you calling 1-800-760-0654? I always get a CC rep and the wait time is short. 

Yep, that's the number I called and the wait times were 45 minutes (twice after I was forwarded back the beginning of the line by the first agent).

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Let's go back to earning CC points the old way, by taking a cruise! 

I understood doing this during the pandemic but now the entire fleet is back in service.  All this program is doing is helping them devalue the program.

I could not agree more.  It was an interesting way to keep cruisers engaged and (to an extent) excited during the shutdown and year-long restart, but it's now outliving its utility.  Considering the lack of points up for grabs over the last several weeks, I'd say Celebrity agrees.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Yep, that's the number I called and the wait times were 45 minutes (twice after I was forwarded back the beginning of the line by the first agent).

I called the CC number and waited on hold shorter than it took to listen to all the front end garbage. That was this morning, 7:00 AM, MST. 

12 hours ago, kpark895 said:

Thanks.  Yes, going this September to the northern Maine coast/Canada.  I really like the Summit and look forward to two more cruises I have scheduled on her.

Nice to hear that you like Summit. I've been on Edge twice and Equinox.The Edge class is unbelievable.

Sometimes those older ships have a lot of charm.  I'm sure it's going to be great.

-Sunny

14 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I called the CC number and waited on hold shorter than it took to listen to all the front end garbage. That was this morning, 7:00 AM, MST. 

Sounds like you have the lucky touch.  Maybe you should consider buying a Mega Millions ticket.

• Haha 1

Getting back to a previous discussion,  I do suspect the PUP program will be quietly phased out, or at least drastically curtailed, now that the ships are sailing near full capacity.  The program was useful to keep interest high during the shutdown,  but now, I expect to see the quizzes less frequently and the seminars only for special events (like to show off a new ship or brand new itineraries).  Unfortunately the abundance of point is probably coming to an end.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, capecodmercury said:

Getting back to a previous discussion,  I do suspect the PUP program will be quietly phased out, or at least drastically curtailed, now that the ships are sailing near full capacity.  The program was useful to keep interest high during the shutdown,  but now, I expect to see the quizzes less frequently and the seminars only for special events (like to show off a new ship or brand new itineraries).  Unfortunately the abundance of point is probably coming to an end.

You're probably right.  They did get me to Elite Plus two cruises earlier than otherwise, so they were a good thing while they lasted.   As were the double point cruises (I had 4 two of which X cancelled).

• Like 3

4 hours ago, capecodmercury said:

Maybe, but I think it generates interest in Celebrity and fosters brand loyalty.  They really don't have much downside if they continue to to webinars, quizzes and such and award points.

• Like 2