Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

Thanks to those that provided the link as I never got the email offering Power Up Points. (Previously I’ve got most of them I think).

I did get a invite to a Edge Seminar last Monday - no mention of points and no option to enter my Captains Club number.

I am an Australian member, wonder if it’s the same Seminar and wonder if Aussies are being targeting differently.

9 minutes ago, downundermatt said:

Thanks to those that provided the link as I never got the email offering Power Up Points. (Previously I’ve got most of them I think).

That's what I said on post 7091 but nobody seemed to understand what I was saying.

2 hours ago, terrydtx said:

This last webinar was 45 minutes of my life I will never get back. 40 minutes of talking heads and 5 minutes about the Edge Class ships, what a waste of time. I better get my 30 PUP.

Kudos to you for watching the first 40 minutes.  I couldn't bear 5 minutes of the thing, so I let it play on my laptop while I cleaned my kitchen and listened to a podcast on my phone.  

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Silent Penguin said:

Kudos to you for watching the first 40 minutes.  I couldn't bear 5 minutes of the thing, so I let it play on my laptop while I cleaned my kitchen and listened to a podcast on my phone.  

If you keep doing this, Celebrity will stop giving us PUP opportunities. 😉

Watched the video and it was a struggle, but slugged through it.  It was interesting to know that the Ascent will have 2 captains and they are brothers. Maybe why prices are up?.

I do think that the focus should be on ships and what they offer and thus why we would want to sail on them OR focus on itinerary / region of world Celebrity sails to.

Did also learn there is a 5th Edge ship planned.  Also, that they project saving 25% on their fuel costs with having the bow design ( to do something?) and If I recall correctly, 3 different systems of propulsion.  Finally that a ship when docking can have as upwards of 90 crew members leaving and 90 new crew members coming on (either brand new or returning crew).  Hotel Mgr mentioned training was extensive and ongoing/daily for all crew members, like in the dining rooms. Would expect this, but glad he mentioned it.

So as I type this.........there was a fair amount of tidbits of info that some may know, but I did not as I suspect others too did not know.

Bottom line too is I appreciate the offer of PUP's / CC points even though I will never make the next level of 3,000 CC points.

I hope to make Crown & Anchor Diamond Plus sometime in 2025.  Working on my kids and grandkids to get them into cruising.  Only need 18 points 😊

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, shipshape sam said:

I hope to make Crown & Anchor Diamond Plus sometime in 2025.  Working on my kids and grandkids to get them into cruising.  Only need 18 points 😊

I only need 3 points to make Diamond Plus.That has been since 2019 and I don’t really care…..

16 hours ago, Silent Penguin said:

There usually is a test of some sort at the end.  I didn't see anything; was there one that I might have missed?  Thanks.

48 minutes ago, Surfguyxxx said:

There usually is a test of some sort at the end.  I didn't see anything; was there one that I might have missed?  Thanks.

The only test is to see if you can sit through the entire webinar. 😂 I failed. 

• Haha 6

On 5/11/2023 at 10:16 PM, snichols23 said:

Growing up, my parents required myself and my siblings to share something new we learned at the dinner table. I feel that this instilled a lifelong love for learning. 

Always something to learn. Takes more muscles to frown than to smile. 

Growing up I shared something at the dinner table but my mother said it was disgusting and told me to put it away. Takes more muscles to frown than to smile but even more to throw up. 🤣

• Haha 2

On 5/14/2023 at 9:55 AM, davekathy said:

The only test is to see if you can sit through the entire webinar. 😂 I failed. 

Another test is to see whether you can get the webinar to play using onboard Wi-Fi.  My computer failed.  DH's tablet took 4 hours to "play" it.  It was impossible to watch, though. 

• Like 1

On 5/13/2023 at 3:29 PM, Charles4515 said:

I only need 3 points to make Diamond Plus.That has been since 2019 and I don’t really care…..

After I’m E+ late July I have to take a break from X for a while and maybe try Royal or another line. It’s honestly getting boring for me. I know it makes little sense to push for status (I made E+ in three years) and rhen abandon the line for a while but I’m losing my sanity and I feel the food is always the same. Too static!

• Like 1

On 5/14/2023 at 12:16 AM, shipshape sam said:

I do think that the focus should be on ships and what they offer and thus why we would want to sail on them OR focus on itinerary / region of world Celebrity sails to.

I think they’ve run out of topics.

What an absolute waste of time. Some of the past destination videos were actually very interesting. I particularly enjoyed the Alaska one. This however is a load of self indulgent rubbish. I learned nothing new. 
Interesting that they did not make a big thing of the IV. There is nothing in the world that would get me into an IV. As aft balconies book up so quickly and suites are becoming so expensive, I think the likelihood of me going on Edge class is zero. 
Sadly it looks like I shall be changing to another cruise line from next year. This webinar has done nothing to persuade me otherwise. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TowandaUK said:

What an absolute waste of time. Some of the past destination videos were actually very interesting. I particularly enjoyed the Alaska one. This however is a load of self indulgent rubbish. I learned nothing new. 
Interesting that they did not make a big thing of the IV. There is nothing in the world that would get me into an IV. As aft balconies book up so quickly and suites are becoming so expensive, I think the likelihood of me going on Edge class is zero. 
Sadly it looks like I shall be changing to another cruise line from next year. This webinar has done nothing to persuade me otherwise. 

Me too, and for the same reasons.  You can probably find me onboard some HAL Pinnacle class ships for the next few years.

On 5/12/2023 at 2:19 PM, patty1955 said:

I watched the video but I  never got the email and I always have before.

Did the rest of you get the email from Celebrity?

I had signed up (several times) but wasn't getting PUP emails. Someone on CC posted the link for the 50 point one (February, I think). I completed it and I guess that did the trick because I've been receiving them since. 

It seems kind of ungrateful to complain that there aren't enough PUP opportunities coming down the pike, and then complain about them when they are not to our liking. I'll just say thanks to X and hit the mute button if I'm not interested or skip it altogether if it's something in which I don't care to participate. I'm happy to have well over 100 captains club points thanks to PUPs. X didn't have to do it at all,

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, upwarduk said:

I think they’ve run out of topics.

I sit here thinking you could be right but one idea ... maybe have someone do an onboard restaurant experience.  Literally have them do a dinner sampling of a specialty restaurant or two... then do another one or two ... and so on.  Not just a flash of pictures but an actual dining experience of sorts and have it longer than a flash of a scene.  Just an idea as it might entice me to try one that I might not consider and it's a money maker.

• Like 3

1) When is the next opportunity?

2) Oh it's been a long time since an opportunity, did I miss an email?  I don't get them like I should.

3) I think the PUP program has ended, it's been too long since the last opportunity.

4) Oh a new opportunity has posted!

4A) I didn't get an email

4B) Here's the link posted on Cruise Critic

5) It's a 10 question quiz, but the answers I put in don't work.  It's not worth it for 1 point

6) It's a 40 minute webinar, and it's worth as many captain's club points as one night in an

Aqua Class cabin, but I didn't like the picture they showed of asparagus on the plates. 

7) The last webinar was worth 5 points but this one is only 3, THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE (yet

the points will be accepted)  

8: This program is useless. I would need 1000 more webinars to get to Zenith

9) This program is genius I only need one more webinar to get to Elite

10) It's been 17 seconds since I watched the webinar.  Why haven't my points creditted?

11) Everyone else posted 5 minutes ago they got their points, and I haven't.  Does anyone

have the new CEO's email?  Oops, never mind they're here now.

12) When is the next opportunity?

Yes, I find the cycle of posts on this thread amusing, but if I were Celebrity I'd find them a reason to discontinue the PUP program. 

Harris

Denver, CO

Edited by omeinv
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

It seems kind of ungrateful to complain that there aren't enough PUP opportunities coming down the pike, and then complain about them when they are not to our liking. I'll just say thanks to X and hit the mute button if I'm not interested or skip it altogether if it's something in which I don't care to participate. I'm happy to have well over 100 captains club points thanks to PUPs. X didn't have to do it at all,

This.

No one is MAKING you participate in these things. If the webinar is not to your liking, either turn it off and forego the points or mute it and go about your business until it is over. 

They've never said "If you skip an opportunity to get points this month you are ineligible for any others." I haven't done one PUP opportunity with a cruise or cruise purchase and I still get all the emails.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, omeinv said:

1) When is the next opportunity?

2) Oh it's been a long time since an opportunity, did I miss an email?  I don't get them like I should.

3) I think the PUP program has ended, it's been too long since the last opportunity.

4) Oh a new opportunity has posted!

4A) I didn't get an email

4B) Here's the link posted on Cruise Critic

5) It's a 10 question quiz, but the answers I put in don't work.  It's not worth it for 1 point

6) It's a 40 minute webinar, and it's worth as many captain's club points as one night in an

Aqua Class cabin, but I didn't like the picture they showed of asparagus on the plates. 

7) The last webinar was worth 5 points but this one is only 3, THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE (yet

the points will be accepted)  

8: This program is useless. I would need 1000 more webinars to get to Zenith

9) This program is genius I only need one more webinar to get to Elite

10) It's been 17 seconds since I watched the webinar.  Why haven't my points creditted?

11) Everyone else posted 5 minutes ago they got their points, and I haven't.  Does anyone

have the new CEO's email?  Oops, never mind they're here now.

12) When is the next opportunity?

Yes, I find the cycle of posts on this thread amusing, but if I were Celebrity I'd find them a reason to discontinue the PUP program. 

Harris

Denver, CO

You forgot to list posting the quiz answers is cheating. 

Find it very funny with people complaining and not complaining.  So many can't get over and rave how personable Captain Kate is, and seems Celebrity is trying to do that with the other Captains and all people do is complain, so don't watch it, but then you will complain there are no Power Up points coming if they stop it.  Very simple, I left it on and made dinner.  Just cannot make everyone happy.  I sailed with all those Captains and the hotel director in the past.  Was nice seeing them in a casual get to know basis.  

• Like 4

@omeinv/Harris.....you are SOOO right! People don't/won't read the thread before asking a question. I find this prevalent on many platforms. I belong to a Facebook group about an AI in the Caribbean and it is the same questions posted over and over and over again. Unfortunately (on that particular group) I feel that people don't want to put forth any effort to help themselves by doing the research, so will post a question instead expecting others to spoon feed them the answer (things like, "what is the weather like in December", "will it rain during my stay", "what room is the best").

• Like 3