Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

10 minutes ago, ecslady said:

I feel the same way!  Even if I wasn't booked already out of Cape Liberty on Liberty OTS for a short 6 day getaway (easy peasy since I'm in NJ), I wouldn't be flying to Florida for a 3 or 4 night cruise. 

I guess bookings for those sailings are down and they are trying to ramp it up!

I would think bookings are down they keep sending me new bcc offers for them like every 2 weeks. 

• Like 1

I have the time and live nearby but September in the Caribbean (or any Summer month) is too dang hot.  I'd rather stay home.  I took a bunch of cruises Aug/Sep/Oct in 2021 after the restart.  The empty ships and low solo fares made it worthwhile but I well remember how the balcony divider walls radiated heat like an oven well into the night....and make a good case for booking an infinite veranda. 😉 I actually do think one of those would have been better.

• Like 1

I was excited to see a 50 PUP email... then read the conditions.

TLDR: 😞

I really hope this isn't where Celebrity is heading with future PUPs...

Edited by Tharkhold
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

Fly or drive to Ft. Lauderdale for a 3 or 4 night cruise to the Caribbean during the height of hurricane season. Sign me up...NOT!!!

Booking for sailings in the Caribbean during hurricane season have GOT to be waaaay down! This is predicted to be an active season. Anyone booking one of these MUST buy insurance!

Celebrity must think we fell off the turnip truck yesterday!

• Like 1

I'm already booked on one of those sailings in October.  Likely excluded from the offer as it isn't a new booking, but I submitted the info just in case.  1 point away from the next tier so it would be nice to have it before my November cruise.  

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

I would think bookings are down they keep sending me new bcc offers for them like every 2 weeks. 

Agree. I don’t think these three and four night sailing are doing well at all but X seems determined to make them work. 

On 8/20/2024 at 11:28 AM, mahdnc said:

This popular program was started during COVID after the cruise shutdown began to keep people engaged with the Celebrity product.  It is also something that none of the major cruise lines did including Royal Caribbean.  Since then we have a new Celebrity president and RCG CEO.  I also see this program being phased out over time--you can see that things are tapering off in the charts.

Thank you @mahdnc for the background on the program.  It makes sense that they started this up just to keep people interested in cruising.  We have only been with Celebrity for 1 year so I wondered why there were so few offerings to add points.  We came over from RC Diamond so we are happy being Elite as all we wanted was a quieter ship and better food.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 563toM said:

Thank you @mahdnc for the background on the program.  It makes sense that they started this up just to keep people interested in cruising.  We have only been with Celebrity for 1 year so I wondered why there were so few offerings to add points.  We came over from RC Diamond so we are happy being Elite as all we wanted was a quieter ship and better food.

You're welcome.  I hope you continue to enjoy cruises on Celebrity for many years to come.

1 hour ago, MNSails said:

I'm already booked on one of those sailings in October.  Likely excluded from the offer as it isn't a new booking, but I submitted the info just in case.  1 point away from the next tier so it would be nice to have it before my November cruise.  

For our Oct 2022 trans-Atlantic sailing, there were 50 PUPs given for booking air through Celebrity and then another 50 PUP promotion for booking a shorex.  In both cases I had already previously booked air and a shorex with Celebrity but I went ahead anyway and applied for the PUPs and got them.  

• Like 4

Sigh what a rip off, How am I supposed to sit at home and gain points for free.  I want to get to zenith and never cruise on celebrity.  The horror of Celebrity making me spend money to gain points, just do not think this is fair at all.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

I’ll guess because of over 717,000 views and almost 10K in replies, that Celebrity is watching this thread.

And because of that, I will also express my disappointment that they chose a shameless approach to connect PUP’s to a booking and make it look like PUP’s are being offered to the general public, when in fact, most Celebrity customers will not be able to take advantage of them.

Celebrity - you need to do better than this

Edited by Cruise till you drop
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

Fly or drive to Ft. Lauderdale for a 3 or 4 night cruise to the Caribbean during the height of hurricane season. Sign me up...NOT!!!

Me too!

Cheers

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bikerunner said:

Sigh what a rip off, How am I supposed to sit at home and gain points for free.  I want to get to zenith and never cruise on celebrity.  The horror of Celebrity making me spend money to gain points, just do not think this is fair at all.  

"I want to get to zenith and never cruise on celebrity."  Sounds more like the Pinnacle loyalty status match.

13 hours ago, Cruising89143 said:

Agree. I don’t think these three and four night sailing are doing well at all but X seems determined to make them work. 

I think the LHB was confused about the X customer when she instituted these 3 and 4 night sailings and seeing the low bookings is now doing some damage control.

• Like 3

You have to remember that a lot off the Royal Pinnacles live in FL and achieved their status by taking these short cruises.  I worked with a gentleman's whose wife would sail about every other weekend in the winter, often as a solo on those 3 or 4 days sailings. 

22 minutes ago, flyers10 said:

"I want to get to zenith and never cruise on celebrity."  Sounds more like the Pinnacle loyalty status match.

Been on one Royal Cruise, one and done with them overall.  Just not anywhere near my style of relaxation.  

• Like 2

Have a friends who chased their pinnacle down just that way. During the double points and low cruise fare days just after Covid, they each booked a cabin a solo....so... cabin points, solo points, double points... the points really started to add up quickly

26 minutes ago, PKCruiser66 said:

Have a friends who chased their pinnacle down just that way. During the double points and low cruise fare days just after Covid, they each booked a cabin a solo....so... cabin points, solo points, double points... the points really started to add up quickly

How do you  get the double points?

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

You have to remember that a lot off the Royal Pinnacles live in FL and achieved their status by taking these short cruises.  I worked with a gentleman's whose wife would sail about every other weekend in the winter, often as a solo on those 3 or 4 days sailings. 

My husband works for brokerage so they have an office in Miami (and about every other port city) and one of the guy's in that office cruises like that, basically does weekend cruises.