2 metre rule changing to 1 metre rule? Good news?

Harry Peterson

52 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

It was meant as a joke Dai, and a bit of a wind up to any teachers on here.

However unless the 2 metre rule is relaxed, we have nowhere near enough teachers or classrooms. Which leads me to the conclusion that when schools start in September it will be back to normal classroom sizes.

John it is worse in some schools like ours with an old building and a full school. Some of our rooms are very small and will struggle to take 8 children at 2 m. Never get the 15 as the government think schools can take.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

Updated across the country Deaths involving COVID-19 - Interactive map if it's of interest:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/causesofdeath/articles/deathsinvolvingcovid19interactivemap/2020-06-12

Excellent link, local information at last. 2 deaths in my area and they were in April

1 minute ago, Harry Peterson said:

Do try not to believe everything the gutter press would have you believe. 😉

Don't need to. I saw the union boss on TV foaming at the mouth spouting her dogma .BBC probably edited that out.

8 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Or perhaps their union.

No. Decision came from Boris. Unions OK with the opening of schools with the correct risk assesment. Boris imposed 2m not the Unions.

1 minute ago, zap99 said:

Don't need to. I saw the union boss on TV foaming at the mouth spouting her dogma .BBC probably edited that out.

No, no, you must be wrong. Surely not the unbiased BBC??😉

Avril 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, daiB said:

No. Decision came from Boris. Unions OK with the opening of schools with the correct risk assesment. Boris imposed 2m not the Unions.

Have a look at Mary Bousted a couple of weeks ago. The dirty kids snotting on your clothes clip.

Edited by zap99
Added

2 minutes ago, daiB said:

She is a joke and always has been. Hasnt got a clue.

Isn't She the NUE joint general secretary. If she hasn't got a clue, I must be missing the point of who is in charge of that union.

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Our village has had 1, but Barnsley has had a total of 196 deaths and with positive cases as of yesterday at 1018. That's why we're being very cautious. 

Avril 

Best way, Avril.  

On a slightly related note, is the cemetery at Monk Bretton in a reasonable state, do you happen to know from local knowledge?

I have, for entirely historical reasons, a grave plot there and I tease the family about using it.  Haven’t entirely ruled it out either!

Harry. 🙂

Edited by Harry Peterson

4 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Isn't She the NUE joint general secretary. If she hasn't got a clue, I must be missing the point of who is in charge of that union.

No idea. But if it is her they are in trouble.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

What about schools operating a 2 shift system, that would solve the problem of needing to halve class sizes. Morning session 8 till 12:30, half hour for teachers to have lunch, then afternoon session with new children from 1 till 5:30.

It might put a bit of extra strain on teachers to do a full days work, but they only work a 9 month year, so that should be no problem.:classic_cool:

The staff have to stay in their bubbles and not cross over to other children to avoid passing any infection. Then cleaning all rooms and equipment etc etc etc in between would take at least an hour or more. With staggered times to collect and bring back in other children that would take about 2 hours to keep everyone safe. Your suggestion is dangerous.

Anyway, let's get back to cruising as that is obviously more your 'area' or expertise ……...

• Like 3

Having read the posts now re school am leaving this thread. Teachers on here don't need winding up terrierjohn, we are all stressed out enough and come on here to try to chill and enjoy good company. Your comments say more about you than about those of us working hard to help our communities (real or on line) safe and sane at this time.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

What about schools operating a 2 shift system

25 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Anyway, let's get back to cruising as that is obviously more your 'area' or expertise ……...

What about the schools of whales and dolphins ?

Will they have to stay in their "pods" or "bubbles" when cruising restarts ? :classic_unsure::classic_wink:

19 minutes ago, kalos said:

Will they have to stay in their "pods" or "bubbles" when cruising restarts ? :classic_unsure::classic_wink:

Well, there are pods and bubbles so let's just call them puddles ??????????????????????????????/

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Having read the posts now re school am leaving this thread. Teachers on here don't need winding up terrierjohn, we are all stressed out enough and come on here to try to chill and enjoy good company. Your comments say more about you than about those of us working hard to help our communities (real or on line) safe and sane at this time.

I agree.

I think we are all missing cruising and flying.

IMG-20200613-WA0006.jpg

• Like 1

I have been to  Ikea this morning and they posted a sign that we have to keep 2 meters from each other. Like seriously, who wold ever do that? I mean if someone sneezes for example and he doesnt wear a mask the saliva will reach me even within a three meter range. It has been proven many times on various medical channels 

4 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Best way, Avril.  

On a slightly related note, is the cemetery at Monk Bretton in a reasonable state, do you happen to know from local knowledge?

I have, for entirely historical reasons, a grave plot there and I tease the family about using it.  Haven’t entirely ruled it out either!

Harry. 🙂

I only live a 5 minute walk away. It's a beautifully kept cemetery opposite the old church.  We'll looked after. Grass regularly cut, pathways tidied and no vandalism.

Sadly the Barnsley Co-op is long gone, I believe it's called "progress" We still have a  couple of small food shops and an undertakers but that's all. By the way, another 6 cases today takes us to 1024. I'm staying in 😆.

Avril 

Edited by Adawn47
Added text

4 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

No grievance with teachers per se, it's  the company they keep with their union leaders.

So in view of your previous offensive comment about teachers' working hours, followed by the even more offensive comment that you said it  as "a bit of a wind up to any teachers on here", that's your get out?

Perhaps an apology would be more appropriate. 

By the way,  I'm not a teacher, never have been, but I still have the very greatest of respect for those who educated me, right through from primary school to university and beyond. 

10 hours ago, kalos said:

Only if they promise not to blow off in class.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1