Does this mean we are cruising???

I just received our sailing documents, via email, for our 7 day cruise, our of New Orleans, for August 1st, traveling to Key West, Nassau & Coco Cay.  Does this mean we are good to go with our sailing????  Sure would like to know, since I could possibly book another vacation on that date?  your thoughts? opinions? anyone else on the sailing?

• Like 1

Probably not. I believe Majesty is still in Europe, and I don't think New Orleans is allowing any cruise ships to port there for the near future. But that is just a guess on my part. Others have posted that they received their documents for cruises that had been cancelled. 

We had two cruises that we had checked in, and both of them were canceled.  That does not guarantee they are sailing.  We just got the last of the refund for the second canceled cruise, and it took 80 days. 

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

This is already the middle of June, if cruising is going to start August 1 don't the cruise lines need to start putting crews together and start training pretty soon?

One would think. Are they even all home yet?

25 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

One would think. Are they even all home yet?

Not all of them have reached home.  Also, a lot of their airports and borders are closed which makes being able to leave and get back on the ship by august 1 very unlikely.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I thought I read something that the Mayor said not happening?  I can’t verify. NOLA hit very hard similar to NYC. 

M8

Ever since I was able to get a haircut this week I haven't been following any state other than NY.  The state is progressing into the different phases at different times. Now on Long Island retail stores like Macy's can do curbside pick up for online orders, restaurants can provide seating for outside service and the salons are open.

It's probably unlikely for a sailing out of New Orleans in August.  I can't even imagine when NY and NJ will allow it. Maybe by January but who knows.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 3red7s said:

I just received our sailing documents, via email, for our 7 day cruise, our of New Orleans, for August 1st, traveling to Key West, Nassau & Coco Cay.  Does this mean we are good to go with our sailing????  Sure would like to know, since I could possibly book another vacation on that date?  your thoughts? opinions? anyone else on the sailing?

Not at all. I received sailing documents for cruises we had booked in May and July, both which were subsequently cancelled. 

58 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Not at all. I received sailing documents for cruises we had booked in May and July, both which were subsequently cancelled. 

Just now, 3red7s said:

oh my this makes me sad

oh good grief...such a teaser

11 minutes ago, jeremyosborne81 said:

In the cruise lines, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

Well to be fair, neither does anyone else - everyone is playing it by ear and hoping for the best.  There is a huge difference between opening  a theme park and getting a cruise ship up and running during a pandemic.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MikeandMarcia said:

NY and NJ have announced no sailings out of either state this year.

Does that mean January?  Who knows? 

M&M

There has been no such announcement AFAIK.   Would you please cite your source?

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

There has been no such announcement AFAIK.   Would you please cite your source?

I remember someone posting maybe was some official, governor? Was being interviewed and a reporter asked about cruises and he said no cruises out of ny/nj this year. Lol my source is cruise critic.

About august cruises someone on carnival boards who booked airfare thru carnival got a notice today her airfare was cancelled by carnival. Either a oops or a hint of another round of cancellations. Last time carnival started pulling cruises from their site and not allowing them to be booked, citing lower capacity, they cancelled all the pulled cruises. 

Just checked carnival site and can only book from Galveston from august 22, nothing before. 

Could mean nothing. The cancelled airfare was for a august 17 sailing I believe she said. Could be carnival just messed up and mean sure they will start august 1st. 

Btw I got a nice royal up offer from rcl the day after I got a email telling me they cancelled my cruise. Right and left hands dont seem to be talking to each other. Sorry op. 

Nope just someone here saying a govt guy said it in a interview. Of course new orleans I hear has similar views toward cruises out of there. They dont want them right now.

I agree hardly anything but some politician who doesnt like cruises. Nothing but political speak. 

Can I quote my parents? They want me to stay home too and not cruise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would never ever state something I believe to be false. If my post mislead anyone, it was unintentional and I apologize. It was something I read a while back online, I believe attributed to the port of authority, but I cannot find the article now, nor can I find any other article that mentions it. Time will tell.