Aug & Sept

English-Greg

Find it hard to believe any cruising will be permitted.

US is opening and I fully expect cases will be rising in the next two months, followed by deaths, and then of course more restrictions.   Look at the new outbreaks in China and elsewhere, you simply can't keep the bug down even for places where people follow rules and are obedient/considerate, forget it in the land of the free, LOL

new cases.JPG

Just now, Organized Chaos said:

You have to keep in mind that their plan is to start with very limited sailings. Only 8 ships with limited capacity on each one, and demand for these early cruises is high. They could very easily sell out. So it's not necessarily "all cruises out of every port." I think they're only starting with two or three ports, something like that.

Then why were cruises out of NOLA, Mobile, Charleston, Baltimore available yesterday for August and September available yesterday and blocked out today? All of the ports reached capacity for August and September today?  I am not being argumentative, I just think it's odd.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

You have to keep in mind that their plan is to start with very limited sailings. Only 8 ships with limited capacity on each one, and demand for these early cruises is high. They could very easily sell out. So it's not necessarily "all cruises out of every port." I think they're only starting with two or three ports, something like that.

It's true that they were starting out with just a few ports, but that was for August.  September was still showing several ports.  No cruises are showing now for August and September from the US.

18 minutes ago, wesorbeth said:

Then why were cruises out of NOLA, Mobile, Charleston, Baltimore available yesterday for August and September available yesterday and blocked out today? All of the ports reached capacity for August and September today?  I am not being argumentative, I just think it's odd.

20 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

It's true that they were starting out with just a few ports, but that was for August.  September was still showing several ports.  No cruises are showing now for August and September from the US.

I haven't been looking at cruises for Aug. & Sept., so I have no idea what was available or not. I could be wrong about them only wanting to start from just a couple ports. I thought I read that on here somewhere, but maybe not. There's so much being said, it's hard to keep up.

They definitely only want to start with 8 ships with limited capacity. To my knowledge, they haven't specified how long that part of the plan would last.

For what it's worth, cruisin from vegas is the second person on this forum in the last two days to say a long-time Carnival employee told them these ships have reached capacity. Yesterday, another user said their PVP of over 20 years told them the same thing. A third user posted the email from their PVP notifying them that a particular Aug. cruise had reached "maximum guest count" and was therefore closed to new bookings. I guess it's possible Carnival is instructing their people to say these things. It's also possible that it's 100% true, but these cruises could still be cancelled because the CDC says so. All I can do is gather up information that I see and come up with my own guesses based on that "evidence," so to speak. Only time will tell for sure.

• Like 3

She has not been informed of any cancellations as of now.  Only they have to stop most bookings before October 1 due to capacity.  She said of course they could get a whole different directive tomorrow, or anytime.  But this is what they have directed as of today.  She said the last two weeks she could have worked 24/7, lots of re-bookings of course but just as many completely new bookings.  People are ready to cruise.  

Carnival should have people working that hard on refunds too if they aren’t already.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

51 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Quite right O.C.

Galveston: Vista, Dream, Freedom

Miami: Horizon. Magic, Sensation

Port Canaveral: Breeze, Elation 

I'm not surprised in the least that all of the 8 ships have sold out, and bookings are closed. 

Edited by Joe817
  • Like 2

Its cancelled. You cant even click on august or sept dates to book out of Galveston. Baloney to every cruise suddenly within the last 24 hours selling out. Look ... the dates for all of august and sept cannot be clicked on. If you buy the story about capacity I got a bridge to sell.

Notice that blue where you click doesnt start until october? Now I'm worried about my oct 4th freedom cruise.

20200618_000726409.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, wesorbeth said:

We need to make final payment in Mid July for our October cruise, I so don't want to lend my money.

So you don't make final payment, get your hopefully refundable deposit back and then, once (if) your October cruise is a go, make a decision one way or another depending upon price, availability and your own decision about being one of the guinea pigs to be the first to cruise.

If your deposit is nonrefundable and becomes a FCC, use it on a first quarter cruise in 2021 if possible.

2 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Thats great news because he never is wrong about anything he says. 

Just reporting the most up-to-date official information. Hopefully those with upcoming bookings are still able to enjoy the vacations they have been looking forward to 🙂 

Edited by xDisconnections
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

August/ September cruises are canceled..  It's writing on the wall.

You hit the nail on the head. I have been checking my Sept cruises, which were booked before all this insanity, and am unwilling to make final payment on anything that I can't get my $$'s back on. Future cruise $$'s aren't working for me any more. Good grief!

41 minutes ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

John heald posted  this.    Sold to capacity is a lie.   Carnival needs to come clean.  

7ACD3D8C-A236-4615-B4AA-5C7652206DD3.png

When I read this on FB earlier, that last line really jumped out at me. He does admit that those cruises are closed to assess the situation and determine operational plans. That confirms what many of us were already saying. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

August/ September cruises are canceled..  It's writing on the wall.

I agree.  The question now is, what do you think will be the offer after it is made official?  Do they still offer the $600 OBC or a lesser amount?  Not sure how they can offer that much indefinitely.  While many say it costs them very little, it does eat into profits that they normally make on these areas.

6 minutes ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

I’ve been pretty patient through this whole thing, most of it is out of their control, but if they pulled the OBC offers I’d probably pull out and cruise with someone else..

I fully agree with you on this point. But not that I would use the $ to cruise with someone else probably. From where I am located I have found some great all-inclusive deals including air for 5-7 days for the cost of my cruise. W/o an incentive, I would probably use the money for that... or buy 2 new major appliances I want to replace during 4th of July sails... 

If they do offer $600, I will try a booking in December. I thought about the October 4th to Bermuda since this would be canceling Bermuda.. but ultimately decided October was to risky for me, then though about min-November.. but ended up with the 8 day Southern on Dec 12th as my 1st choice. 

If that doesn't work out.. well I will see if there are still Vista's open on my Oct 2021 Panama canal.. the $ is spend and I don't need it, plus almost 1/3 the cost was on gift cards that I had planned to use for our Europe cruise.. so no point. If I took gift cards back and didn't get a Vista on our Panama, I would have then about $2000 in OBC/Gift Cards to use for it.. I already don't know how to spend the $1100 I will have! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wesorbeth said:

I have been looking for cruises for August and September the past few weeks.  I noticed there were less and less.  It was gradual,  not all at once.

• Like 1

I just don't see them sailing August 1st... Here in the Houston/Galveston area it's more than a "spike" in cases -- Galveston County alone has seen a very large, very rapid surge in both cases and hospitalizations in the past two weeks, and it's just getting worse. I really don't see cruises before maybe October.

• Like 1

This will be the 5th cruise cancelled with carnival for me since March. I have been pretty patient but honestly, this is just ridiculous. I watched NCL offer a big 5 for 1 sale that included August and September and a week later they cancel up to December or whenever? Complete nonsense. I am convinced we are not sailing. This is the same tired pattern since March. Have a sale, close the bookings, then send out the letter. I hope I am wrong because my September 26th cruise originally started April 27th, May 16th, August 31st, and now September 26th. My May 2 is October 3. I have moved excursions, airfare, hotels... I am so tired of this BS. We will now take the refunds and give our money to the US and support our country's travel locations. 

I really hope I am wrong and they are sailing at limited capacity but I have heard that excuse before from someone who had a friend in the industry. I am usually a positive person but this is really trying my patience.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

This will be the 5th cruise cancelled with carnival for me since March. I have been pretty patient but honestly, this is just ridiculous. I watched NCL offer a big 5 for 1 sale that included August and September and a week later they cancel up to December or whenever? Complete nonsense. I am convinced we are not sailing. This is the same tired pattern since March. Have a sale, close the bookings, then send out the letter. I hope I am wrong because my September 26th cruise originally started April 27th, May 16th, August 31st, and now September 26th. My May 2 is October 3. I have moved excursions, airfare, hotels... I am so tired of this BS. We will now take the refunds and give our money to the US and support our country's travel locations. 

I really hope I am wrong and they are sailing at limited capacity but I have heard that excuse before from someone who had a friend in the industry. I am usually a positive person but this is really trying my patience.

It’s simple. Stop booking cancellation after cancellation. Things will not be normal again until a vaccine is found.That’s your queue to book . 

Edited by Georgie562
  • Like 5

31 minutes ago, Georgie562 said:

It’s simple. Stop booking cancellation after cancellation. Things will not be normal again until a vaccine is found.That’s your queue to book . 

Well thank you for that astute advice. Its really helpful to have Monday morning QBs. Who would have thought a cruise for October booked in April or a cruise booked in May for September would be at the mercy of an unproven not even available vaccine. Or a health department that has been so inconsistent and dare I say, political that it has paralyzed the economy. Things will not be normal until we are given the choice to control ourselves without fear and be allowed to make our decisions re our health. 

Another note is when my original April and May cruises were cancelled, we were told to book by the end of March and we were told to book cruises up until 1 year from our sailing. We were not able to do this for 2021 since we will be relocating so we had to stay in 2020.  

As I stated, if the cruises are cancelled, we will spend our money hiking in national parks and enjoying our country. It sounds like a much better alternative than being controlled by inconsistency and fear.

Edited by jean87510
  • Like 5