Carnival to Dump Six Ships

besberry

15 minutes ago, zap99 said:

At least it's not Tony Robinson. How about cruising with Michael portillo?🚢😂

Be interesting to see what sort of outfit he wears on a formal night!

The Ole Lady used to work in one of the local railway station's ticket office.  He used pass through the station every now and then.  He was always polite and pleasant with the staff.

Edited by Son of Anarchy
  • Like 1

So,

Costa Victoria

Oceana

Costa Mediterranea

Carnival Fantasy

Carnival Fascination

Carnival Inspiration
Pacific Aria

Pacific Dawn

seem to be at risk at present plus 5 more. Wonder if that will be the other give Fantasy class ships with internal transfers to balance capacity?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, molecrochip said:

So,

Costa Victoria

Oceana

Costa Mediterranea

Carnival Fantasy

Carnival Fascination

Carnival Inspiration
Pacific Aria

Pacific Dawn

seem to be at risk at present plus 5 more. Wonder if that will be the other give Fantasy class ships with internal transfers to balance capacity?

Someone posted photos on the Carnival site of the older ships and they looked awful embarrassing,rust buckets making Oceana look like a brand new ship.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

I think he is much more comfortable on trains. Besides, he never travels with any spare clothes so couldn't possibly comply with any dress code 😂

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I also liked Jane and can't imagine that Ms Calman will be as good.  We are not thinking about cruising for the time being, just hoping that there will soon be a vaccine otherwise it will be UK holidays for us.  We have cancelled this year's cruises and will make decisions for next year at balance due times.

I am feeling quite depressed tonight and have resorted to opening a bottle of wine because I have had 2 bad news phone calls, the first from a close friend and the second from my niece both telling me that they have been confirmed with breast cancer today.

Tomorrow has to be better.

So sorry to hear this Josy x

5 hours ago, molecrochip said:

So,

Costa Victoria

Oceana

Costa Mediterranea

Carnival Fantasy

Carnival Fascination

Carnival Inspiration
Pacific Aria

Pacific Dawn

Thanks for your insight.  So 8 down and only 5 good possibilities left which seems to reduce the risk of loss from the P&O fleet unless one is transferred internally.  I was happy you mentioned recently you have not heard anything to suggest further ship losses from P&O/Cunard.

Still got my fingers crossed for our Aurora to the US/Canadian eastern Seaboard September 2021 as long as cruises follow the original plans once there is a vaccine or good treatment and it is well in place worldwide by then.  Even though  Carnival mentioned they make a lot more on the larger ships, the two P&O mid sized ones do command much higher cruise prices than the others, especially if have more varied itineraries, which must make a difference.  I assume the likely lower OBS will be a crunch, though with better itineraries they may get more folk to book excursions.  I would love to see even more varied itineraries on those ships and would both be interested in booking them as well as more likely to do excursions.  The itineraries on the bigger ships seems to be getting more samey every year.

Edited by tring
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I also liked Jane and can't imagine that Ms Calman will be as good.  We are not thinking about cruising for the time being, just hoping that there will soon be a vaccine otherwise it will be UK holidays for us.  We have cancelled this year's cruises and will make decisions for next year at balance due times.

I am feeling quite depressed tonight and have resorted to opening a bottle of wine because I have had 2 bad news phone calls, the first from a close friend and the second from my niece both telling me that they have been confirmed with breast cancer today.

That is devastating news.

I'm so sorry for you.

Hopefully they have been diagnosed early and can get treatment.

• Like 1

A little update as I understand things.

Previously reported in accounts

Costa Mediterranea - sold to China JV, planned departure

Costa Mediterranea - sold to China JV, early departure

Pacific Aria - sold to CMV, early departure

Pacific Dawn - sold to CMV, early departure

Confirmed

Costa Victoria - sold for scrap

MV Oceana - sold to Greek buyers for charter to Chinese Market.

Very Likely

Carnival Fascination - sold for scrap

Carnival Inspiration - sold for scrap

MS Maasdam

MS Veendam

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Sorry for your news.

21 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

A little update as I understand things.

Previously reported in accounts

Costa Mediterranea - sold to China JV, planned departure

Costa Mediterranea - sold to China JV, early departure

Pacific Aria - sold to CMV, early departure

Pacific Dawn - sold to CMV, early departure

Confirmed

Costa Victoria - sold for scrap

MV Oceana - sold to Greek buyers for charter to Chinese Market.

Very Likely

Carnival Fascination - sold for scrap

Carnival Inspiration - sold for scrap

MS Maasdam

MS Veendam

Fantasy also on her way to Turkey. 

Sorry, have left Fascination on the list instead of Fantasy. Fascination is heading for Malta from the Suez Canal.

I have queries over Island Princess, Sun Princess and Sea Princess. Bear in mind that Princess have reduced capacity through two ships heading to P&O Australia and late deliveries of two ships. 

12 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Sorry, have left Fascination on the list instead of Fantasy. Fascination is heading for Malta from the Suez Canal.

I have queries over Island Princess, Sun Princess and Sea Princess. Bear in mind that Princess have reduced capacity through two ships heading to P&O Australia and late deliveries of two ships. 

Surely they will be keeping Island Princess, I can understand why they would be prepared to sell the Sun class ships, but Coral and Island would enhance many cruise lines, they would certainly be good additions to P&O.

18 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Sorry to hear of your news.  I've had two friends die this year, both suddenly and neither from COVID.  One of them was one of my oldest friends, I'd known her for over 50 years.  Stay strong.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, zap99 said:

Michael Portillo was guest speaker on Ventura maiden cruise and was only for higher tier of loyalty club because there were too many to organise a luncheon. As you entered the theatre you were given a glass of sparkling plonk.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Surely they will be keeping Island Princess, I can understand why they would be prepared to sell the Sun class ships, but Coral and Island would enhance many cruise lines, they would certainly be good additions to P&O.

Yes I would agree. Would love for Island Princess to transfer into P&O UK fleet. 

18 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

So sorry to hear this, my sister-in-law had the same diagnosis so our family has lived through the experience over the last 2 years. Thankfully she is in remission now and hopefully it will stay that way.

Sincere best wishes to your friend, niece and not least yourself.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

1 hour ago, joeecco said:

Yes I would agree. Would love for Island Princess to transfer into P&O UK fleet. 

Personally, I would prefer Coral, which I sailed on last year in Alaska. At least she still has her Universe Lounge. On Island, this has been replaced by additional cabins and a fitness centre. Many Princess afficionados felt this was a retrograde step.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, molecrochip said:

So,

Costa Victoria

Oceana

Costa Mediterranea

Carnival Fantasy

Carnival Fascination

Carnival Inspiration
Pacific Aria

Pacific Dawn

Oh no - our first 'cruise that was not for cruisers' but the one that gave us the bug was Ocean Village 2. We loved the whole experience so much that we cancelled the holiday we had booked in a hotel in Fuerteventura and booked 2 weeks on Oceana -- the rest is history.

So now we haven't only lost Oceana, we have lost Pacific Dawn (OV2) as well :-(

Must be getting old when the ships you sail on are all being sold or scrapped !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Oh no - our first 'cruise that was not for cruisers' but the one that gave us the bug was Ocean Village 2. We loved the whole experience so much that we cancelled the holiday we had booked in a hotel in Fuerteventura and booked 2 weeks on Oceana -- the rest is history.

So now we haven't only lost Oceana, we have lost Pacific Dawn (OV2) as well 😞

Must be getting old when the ships you sail on are all being sold or scrapped !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Things aren't so bad there ... Pacific Dawn / OV2 will be based in the UK as Amy Johnson for Cruise and Maritime.   

I thought one of the other ships on the "hit list" might be one of the older AIDA ships, like AIDAcara or AIDAvita.

Just now, showingdiva said:

Things aren't so bad there ... Pacific Dawn / OV2 will be based in the UK as Amy Johnson for Cruise and Maritime.   

I thought one of the other ships on the "hit list" might be one of the older AIDA ships, like AIDAcara or AIDAvita.

We loved that cabin ! Right at the front, high deck and very close to the open bridge so the Captain used to shout over and chat to us each morning 🙂 Am interested now and off to research ----

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

We loved that cabin ! Right at the front, high deck and very close to the open bridge so the Captain used to shout over and chat to us each morning 🙂 Am interested now and off to research ----

Don’t forget you have just bought a caravan! 😇

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Don’t forget you have just bought a caravan! 😇

This made us laugh. There is no harm in looking !!!! You know, perhaps, just if, maybe ?!!!!

We can still afford a little 'treat' now and again 😉

On a different note, the caravan is right by the sea so she could turn in to a ship at any time !!!!!!!!!!!!