Will I Ever Get My Refund?

Lovincruisin1321

I called Princess the other day to inquire about my $1,300.00 refunds on excursions that was canceled in April.

I was informed that there is no consistent procedure to how refunds are processed.  Some April refunds are now being processed and some June.  

"It could take until August".

This is ridiculous!

Who can I call to complain?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I agree with Coral.  Especially if you are only looking for excursion refunds, I would dispute.  I use a Chase CC.  This morning I had 2 credits for shore excursions 🙂 (just part of a very large complicated dispute)  No notification, just there.  Before you call try to find your original transaction dates when you were charged, it will help.

After 90+ days received check for refundable OBC. Had inquired status through the designated e-mail address in the Princess web site around 3 weeks before receiving the check. Received a response that they had the refund on their processing list. Don't know if the e-mail prompted the refund check or if it was just coincidence. You might want to try the e-mail address.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lovincruisin1321 said:

I called Princess the other day to inquire about my $1,300.00 refunds on excursions that was canceled in April.

I was informed that there is no consistent procedure to how refunds are processed.  Some April refunds are now being processed and some June.  

This is ridiculous!

Ridiculous or not, this is a common story these days. Many others have the same delay in getting refunds.

Have patience.

• Like 1

I agree with Caribill.  I received my full refund(s), for my March cruise.  At different times,  I was refunded full fare, shore excursions, and specialty restaurants.  All close to 90 days.  I just deposited a huge check, from my credit card company, yesterday.       

I  Did not call and complain, nor did I file a complaint with the credit card.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Lovincruisin1321 said:

This is ridiculous!

As another suggested hopefully you paid with a premium CC, let them bring the hammer.

A single consumer has little push.

We cancelled our Mar 29 b2b on Mar 11, subsequently choosing option 2.

Excursions were refunded Jun 11.  Cruise and EZAir were refunded on Jun 13.  FCC perk showed up on Jun 17.

Seems to us they are doing refunds in their own way at their own speed.  We never lost any sleep or had a worry over the $7K or so and we are definitely not wealthy.

• Like 1

We cancelled 4 cabins March 15, told 30 days for refund, then told 60 days, day 98 and no refund.  (My sister cancelled 3 cabins). I disputed $16,000+ with credit card. Was told those disputes were processed May 14th and May 21st. As of today credits are still temporary as visa has not received any funds from princess. Also pre paid another $4000+ for excursions last fall. Still nothing. 8 platinum level families are losing faith. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Apodplatinum said:

We cancelled 4 cabins March 15, told 30 days for refund, then told 60 days, day 98 and no refund.  (My sister cancelled 3 cabins). I disputed $16,000+ with credit card. Was told those disputes were processed May 14th and May 21st. As of today credits are still temporary as visa has not received any funds from princess. Also pre paid another $4000+ for excursions last fall. Still nothing. 8 platinum level families are losing faith. 

When was the cruise?

Welcome to CC!

Edited by Coral

On 6/18/2020 at 2:27 PM, Lovincruisin1321 said:

I was informed that there is no consistent procedure to how refunds are processed. 

This was probably the most honest answer every given by princess.

I gave the magic 8 ball a roll for you ... "Ask again later".   Sorry.

I think I'll put it back in the box.

Edited by Roberto256

Remember its their game, their ball, their rules and once they have it, their money.

Cruise lines are hemorrhaging cash just to "stay afloat."  They are holding monies that rightfully and legally should have been long ago refunded to keep cash on hand.  Its a "so sue me" perspective.  They are not our BFFs.  They are businesses in the business of taking your money and hopefully giving you something in return.  Until the pandemic has "stabilized" and we are operating in a "new normal," what ever that means, refunds will be very long in coming.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, weedpindle said:

One cruise cancelled midway thru the cruise in March, Got FCC yesterday. Two cruises in May, Got fare refund on second one yesterday. There is hope. There is absolutely no use in calling.

Day 101 received credits for pre paid excursions.  Still waiting on refunds for 4 cabins. 

19 hours ago, weedpindle said:

One cruise cancelled midway thru the cruise in March, Got FCC yesterday. Two cruises in May, Got fare refund on second one yesterday. There is hope. There is absolutely no use in calling.

Well for us it is what prompted our refund process.  Waited until Monday which put us over the 90-day mark with over $10K in refunds and complained that I have waited patiently long enough.  Spoke to customer relations person who escalated our 2 bookings to the financial department.  Today, 2 days later have received $3K back for shore excursions, so that is some progress.  Have to wonder if I just chose to sit back and continue to wait what would have happened. 🤔  I suggest everyone call and call again until you see some results.  This was for a cancellation on 3/19/20 for a 5/16/20 cruise.  What was frustrating for me was to keep reading how all of these cruises after mine had already been processed and refunded in full.  The supervisor did tell me if I didn't see some action by Thursday of this week to call back.

• Like 1

119 Days and still counting.  I have not received any communication from Princess.  I have called and spoken to people who cannot say what the delay is or when we might be refunded or credited.  They only acknowledge that funds are due.

We had been booked on the Island Princess for a 16 day cruise to leave on May 24, 2020.

Their lack of communication is deplorable.

How do I invoice Princess for interest on using my funds?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AncientMariner48 said:

119 Days and still counting.  I have not received any communication from Princess.  I have called and spoken to people who cannot say what the delay is or when we might be refunded or credited.  They only acknowledge that funds are due.

We had been booked on the Island Princess for a 16 day cruise to leave on May 24, 2020.

Their lack of communication is deplorable.

How do I invoice Princess for interest on using my funds?

I would dispute the charges with your credit card company.  119 days is completely ridiculous!

• Like 1

On 6/25/2020 at 10:14 AM, KevintheIrishDJ said:

Just found out, we got our refund about 10 days ago for our April, 2020, cruise.  No notice.  Just showed up on our credit card.

Same thing happened to me. I was checking the credit card site for something else and saw that a few days prior I had refunds (deposit and a shore excursion) a few days prior. Normally I get an e-mail from the credit card that says a merchant has posted a refund to your account. It may take x days to show up. But like you, these were just there.

• Like 1