They have gone :(

Looked in my cruise planner. Final payment is not yet due for a couple of days for my Sept 20 sail date. Me thinks that is why RCCL did the Sept 15 cancellation; nudge a few more people into final payment before cancelling the remainder of at least September. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Peewee14 said:

I am now in the process of finding another holiday 😞 

it will not be a cruise but need to get away Somewhere,  we have a 3 week holiday at Disney in Florida booked for Christmas and I really do think that will be cancelled also 

Can someone wake me up when this is over.

Disney opens in July with limited access. 

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Disney opens in July with limited access. 

Yes, been monitoring very closely,  only problem we have is we in the UK so we need the US to let us in and Virgin to still be flying 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Newleno said:

Is that a fancy name for rioters

No, as I think you well know, it is a fancy name for anyone who doesn’t share his ideology.  

Apparently, he / she doesn’t get the irony in that.

jc

2 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

No, as I think you well know, it is a fancy name for anyone who doesn’t share his ideology.  

Apparently, he / she doesn’t get the irony in that.

jc

Protecting human health and life is an ideology.

Right, got it.

The CDC, FAA and other bodies with that purpose are only there for ideological purposes. Makes sense.

So much for irony, eh?

Edited by The_Big_M

It seems pretty clear that Royal is going to stick to their 30 day at a time game plan.  I don't see any remaining cruises cancelled and farther out than 90 days.  I was hoping to at least get 125% FCC but will be happy to get 100% since I am getting FCC for NRD.  Not all bad.

As soon as I get confirmation ours has cancelled I am asking for the refund. The prices for next year are ridiculous, especially for the UK.  they are giving people an extra 25% and hiking the price by a lot more.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

Protecting human health and life is an ideology.

Right, got it.

The CDC, FAA and other bodies with that purpose are only there for ideological purposes. Makes sense.

So much for irony, eh?

And those, who are ideologues are not for protecting human health and life.  Um... Who are these people?  Head hunters in Borneo?  Inquiring minds?

The CDC is a bureaucracy that has a budget of billions of dollars and they were as is true of most government agencies, completely useless when this began.  Dr Fauci was in late January,  less than a week before the president did an executive order closing down travel between the USA and China, saying we didn’t in the USA need to worry about this virus.  How worthless is that?

If someone speaks to you and says.... “I am from the government and I am here to help”.  Run for the hills.

jc

• Like 3

10 hours ago, barryjbrooks said:

I only posted this morning to let people know that if their final payment date is today then as far as RCL are concerned some European cruises are still not cancelled and you may lose your deposit if you don’t pay or cancel yourself.

A propos - this article is regarding official positions of Celebrity and Royal regarding refunds.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2020/06/20/cruise-cancellations-refunds-elusive-some-claiming-technicality/5259183002/

38 minutes ago, Couple-Somerset said:

Agent at Royal UK have confirmed sept 13th out of barcelona is 100% deffo cancelled. 

Official announcement Tuesday 

Not surprised. 
I have said on on other threads I don’t know why people can’t just step back from 2020 and focus on getting their money back or rescheduling cruises to next year with the Lift and Shift. Anyone who rescheduled something to this year are truly blinkered. It will not hurt to have a vacation in your own   home territory/country to support the economy  for once.  It is one year out of your schedule for goodness sake. 
This is reality folks . 

P.S..   couple-Somerset - we have family that live at Wellington and that may be our holiday this year 😎  

Edited by heatherb1958
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, drsel said:

if it is going to be a great Cruise, then please don't cancel.

wait for them to cancel (if at all), so that you don't lose your deposit

I get full refund of deposit as long as its before 90 days.  

I get full refund of deposit as long as its before 90 days.  

There is a high possibility of default.

There are many who are not getting any money refunded even after waiting over 100 days

16 hours ago, trey420 said:

Well I think I will cancel my November cruise.  No reason to expect it to sail and I can make a new vacation with the time I have to plan.  Sucks would've been a great cruise. 

We are in the same boat. I have a cruise in Nov. If I cancel now, I am not sure what they would do. We would book an Easter cruise, but it is another $800 I don't want to have to eat. The waiting game sucks because prices will no doubt go up. The unknown is driving me crazy because there are things I can do now and I cannot rely on RCL in any to benefit me in some manner.

Only way out is a vaccine. Sucks but thats it. Hope one comes...theres no other way around it. I wont get it but its the only way the world will ever relax and get normal. Cruising is sadly nearly impossible to so “safely”.... Personally I would sail in a heartbeat but not with a plexiglass bubble around everything. Hopefully they are able to weather the storm before bankruptcy. Cant see how they can if this goes another 6 months which may be likely. 

Edited by rtazz17

8 hours ago, rtazz17 said:

Only way out is a vaccine. Sucks but thats it. Hope one comes...theres no other way around it. I wont get it but its the only way the world will ever relax and get normal. Cruising is sadly nearly impossible to so “safely”.... Personally I would sail in a heartbeat but not with a plexiglass bubble around everything. Hopefully they are able to weather the storm before bankruptcy. Cant see how they can if this goes another 6 months which may be likely. 

I agree, the only way out is with a vaccine or a truly effective treatment.  However I don't see this happening before early 2021.  Earliest vaccines may be the end of September and it will take months to vaccinate, hospital workers, first responders and high risk groups.  Travelers will be low on the priority list and don't forget it may take a month before the vaccine is effective.  I'm now starting to believe my February 2021 cruises are in jeopardy. 

I guess I can unpack my bags now? Sept 6th on Harmony...
Yup, we were supposed to be on Oasis out of NJ the same exact day. All done, gone and over with. Waiting to hear from our TA on what to do going forward. Going to move it to August 22nd and pray to the Lord that sails. [emoji1696][emoji120]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

There are no cruises sailing out of any US port in August and September 2020.
So you are not confident about a Cruise even in August 2022 ?

No, August 22, 2021. And hell no I'm not confident. I see people in the industry predicting cruises will not be up and running till 2022. They have raised money like that might be the case that is for sure.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

On 6/20/2020 at 11:58 AM, cublet said:

Hello,

Whilst my September Anthem cruise has gone from the RCI website, it's still there in my cruise planner.

Anthem, en route from Mumbai to Suez, is not subject to US CDC control as it is not in US waters so anything could happen.

Regards,

Cublet

For Anthem they might use the same excuse done for the Explorer cruises for August when they cancelled them a couple of weeks ago, the delayed dry dock that needs to happen then. Hence for all of Setpember they might use this story also for Anthem before next month official cancellations will come for the whole Europe season of the fleet.

Has Royal ever offered to transfer refund monies due to a already booked future cruise as OBC?  If so, what happens to those funds if the future cruise also gets cancelled?  I might be willing to do it, depending on the risks.

32 minutes ago, PigsCanFly said:

Has Royal ever offered to transfer refund monies due to a already booked future cruise as OBC? 

Don't believe so-  you can take the refund and buy OBC yourself. In the current climate, OBC is the last thing you should be using any refunds on.