Diamond Club Theory when we return

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I cannot understand why customers complain about a company supplying them a product/service giving them too many perks/benefits and wanting them stopped or reduced.

More perks/benefits Yes,yes,yes.

Less or no perks???.

I don't get it either. Some people act like they are the CEO and are more interested in the company's well being than they are in their own benefits. Maybe they should book cruises and not show up. The company gets the money and need not provide any service. What better customer could you possibly have? If the company is looking after itself and the customer is looking after the company then who is looking after the consumer?

What really gets me are the one's who think the company should raise pricing as that will get rid of the undesirables who are felt to degrade the experience. Of course what they don't realize is plenty of those "undesirable" folks probably have more financial means than the complainer does.  

• Like 10

14 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't get it either. Some people act like they are the CEO and are more interested in the company's well being than they are in their own benefits. Maybe they should book cruises and not show up. The company gets the money and need not provide any service. What better customer could you possibly have? If the company is looking after itself and the customer is looking after the company then who is looking after the consumer?

What really gets me are the one's who think the company should raise pricing as that will get rid of the undesirables who are felt to degrade the experience. Of course what they don't realize is plenty of those "undesirable" folks probably have more financial means than the complainer does.  

I totally agree.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I absolutely agree.

Princess food and service are much better.

P&O entertainment better.

NCL restaurant choice much better.

We don't use the flow rider or slides on RC but the overall C&A benefits are far superior than their competitors loyalty programs.

Free drinks are a massive incentive and TBH it is only a handful of people who abuse this in the DL.

Unlike the DL where a fresh glass of wine is brought to you,in the 

CL your glass is constantly topped up by roaming waiters and much more free wine is consumed.

So you cruise RCI for free drinks?

I feel there is no difference in service between DL and CL/SL

I'm not a drink snob.  But if I'm going to be making my liver work extra hard it's going to have to be on a better quality champagne than that served in the SL and DL.  Last year was my first DP purchase.  I got what I wanted from the bar and then went in the lounge.   I really like having the DP.  

28 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

Isn't this what Ashland posted?

If someone posted this, I did not see it. Im going to the naughty room. 

Please direct me to that posting on my way to the naughty room.

Did someone post about the Kirkland's Irish Creme, too? 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Oxo said:

If someone posted this, I did not see it. Im going to the naughty room. 

Please direct me to that posting on my way to the naughty room.

Did someone post about the Kirkland's Irish Creme, too? 

Found it on Post 229.

It is a good thing someone constantly reviews my postings to ensure I do NOT repeat a post, go off topic or post anything political.

I do appreciate that since I have other things to do during the day.

Thank you! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, CSHS1979 said:

So you cruise RCI for free drinks?

I feel there is no difference in service between DL and CL/SL

Do You?.

For us.

1 Itinerary and departure port preferably Barcelona, Venice or Southampton.

2 Ship preferably Oasis or Freedom class.

3 Loyalty benefits.

DL service is sometimes slow even for good tippers like me and often the concierges sit at their table for most of HH and don't mingle with the passengers.

CL service was excellent on our last RC cruise on Explorer.

Edited by grapau27

16 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Do You?.

For us.

3 Loyalty benefits.

DL service is sometimes slow even for good tippers like me and often the concierges sit at their table for most of HH and don't mingle with the passengers.

Heavens no, I like the ships and the entertainment. Can't stand NCL and I'm not a Brit,  so no to P&O. Princess was ok years ago, but haven't sailed them lately.

Don't all the lines sail from Barcelona and Southampton.  Venice is toast 

It's just that you said all your other lines were better except for the C&A program.  

Edited by CSHS1979

21 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

Heavens no, I like the ships and the entertainment. Can't stand NCL and I'm not a Brit,  so no to P&O. Princess was ok years ago, but haven't sailed them lately

It's just that you said all your other lines were better except for the C&A program.  

I was quoting imo what the USPs of each cruiseline we have sailed on was and how that USP compared in comparison to Royal.

Royal easily have in C&A a fantastic leading loyalty program and in Central Park and the Royal Promenade wonderful facilities.

Princess food and bar/restaurant services on our Grand Princess Hawaiian cruise last November beat Royals bar and restaurant service by a mile.

The sheer variety of restaurants on NCL is fantastic but the rest of the ship is mediocre.

As Brits P&O entertainment is aimed specifically at us Brits which we appreciate plus British sport shown on board in our cabins and sports bar is much appreciated.

Graham

Edited by grapau27

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Do You?.

For us.

3 Loyalty benefits.

I really enjoyed the Explorer CL on our New Year’s cruise. No windows but still a very pleasant lounge. 

14970F74-0025-4470-BB36-CD2D6F42A4D4.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

Heavens no, I like the ships and the entertainment. Can't stand NCL and I'm not a Brit,  so no to P&O. Princess was ok years ago, but haven't sailed them lately.

Don't all the lines sail from Barcelona and Southampton.  Venice is toast 

It's funny you should say that - We won't go on P&O because it's a British experience. But that is because we are British and live that experience daily!

Whereas, we enjoy Americacentric cruises because it feels more like a vacation

Similarly, we would consider an Aida or Hurtigruten cruise, and love Asian cruises

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

I really enjoyed the Explorer CL on our New Year’s cruise. No windows but still a very pleasant lounge. 

14970F74-0025-4470-BB36-CD2D6F42A4D4.jpeg

We are going to book an Explorer trip as soon as they have their refurbishment - The proposed lounge looks the best in the fleet. Far better than the existing one

4 minutes ago, compman9 said:

We are going to book an Explorer trip as soon as they have their refurbishment - The proposed lounge looks the best in the fleet. Far better than the existing one

Explorers amp like Allures has been postponed.

I'm ok with the 3 drinks.  However, have a uniform policy and available in all dining venues.  Also, as incentive to no D lounge, instead of one bottle of wine per cabin have a bottle per adult member.

Edited by nelblu

22 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I'm ok with the 3 drinks.  However, have a uniform policy and available in all dining venues.  Also, as incentive to no D lounge, instead of one bottle of wine per cabin have a bottle per adult member.

What dining venues do not allow you to order the C&A HH drinks? Are you talking about the free wine for D+ or the two bottles of wine per cabin anyone can bring onboard on embarkation day?

3 minutes ago, davekathy said:

What dining venues do not allow you to order the C&A HH drinks? Are you talking about the free wine for D+ or the two bottles of wine per cabin anyone can bring onboard on embarkation day?

As far as I know not all classes of ships allow the free drinks in the dining venues.  For a long time it was only available on Oasis classes only.  Only recently on Quantum classes.  

Yes, the free wine to the D+.

22 minutes ago, nelblu said:

As far as I know not all classes of ships allow the free drinks in the dining venues.  For a long time it was only available on Oasis classes only.  Only recently on Quantum classes.  

If my memory serves me correct, all dining venues fleetwide started accepting the C&A HH drink selections in 2019. RC started rolling out the change early 2019 on selected ships but gained momentum fleetwide before the end of 2019. We were able to get the C&A HH drinks listed on the DL drink menu in the MDR (MTD) on our March 2019 B2B cruise (both legs). 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We have been on a few...most notably Radiance & Harmony didn't as I recall (not talking about wine/beer) but that could have changed by now.

5 minutes ago, davekathy said:

If my memory serves me correct, all dining venues fleetwide started accepting the C&A HH drink selections in 2019. RC started rolling out the change early 2019 on selected ships but gained momentum fleetwide before the end of 2019. We were able to get the C&A HH drinks in the MDR (MTD) on our March 2019 B2B cruise (both legs). 

Glad to know this is true....I can now get my CocaCola with dinner if/when I ever eat in the dining room...I have usually been able to get it in the WJ but not in some other venues.

Edited by Ashland

20 minutes ago, nelblu said:

We had no issues getting our diamond drinks in the MDR for any of our sailing in all of 2019 (Anthem, Harmony, Serenade, Anthem, Mariner).  What class wasn't allowing it?