Diamond Club Theory when we return

We were on the X Edge in Feb 2020. Maybe 10 people in the HH location. After one drink we walked out. X allows unlimited drinks at any bar during HH.

In the past on X, they would not open the HH area until dead on the HH starting time. Door was locked.

Maybe RCI should do the same. Don't see why it should not work. 

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

My crystal block schedule is all screwed up now😇

We were on track for three new ones by March

Liberty, Odyssey, Ovation

Our block schedule has also changed.  Was to get a block for  both Symphony and Odyssey, but cruises cancelled. 

3 hours ago, Oxo said:

We were on the X Edge in Feb 2020. Maybe 10 people in the HH location. After one drink we walked out. X allows unlimited drinks at any bar during HH.

In the past on X, they would not open the HH area until dead on the HH starting time. Door was locked.

Maybe RCI should do the same. Don't see why it should not work. 

Disagree. 👎👎

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

My opinion with regards to the Diamond Lounge and the free drinks is that this perk will be eliminated.  A cheap bottle of wine will be delivered to each cabin daily and that will be the extent of the free booze.    RCCL will say that safety comes first.   .... and we are sure that our guests will understand .... until a vaccine is available. ..... then free drinks in Diamond Lounge will commence once again.   We would be happy with that.   They will provide instead a couple of complimentary specialty dinners or lunches to the Diamond people (including me.)  Again, we would be happy with that. 

4 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Thanks for your opinion. Why do you disagree? Would like to know why. 

Stay Safe! 

Nothing wrong with the current way RC does the DLs, CLs or SLs. If anything we would like to see Celebrity have a 24 hour dedicated Captains Club lounge for elite and above. Celebritys Michales Club/Retreat works that way for zenith and suites guests. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pink845 said:

My opinion with regards to the Diamond Lounge and the free drinks is that this perk will be eliminated.  A cheap bottle of wine will be delivered to each cabin daily and that will be the extent of the free booze.    RCCL will say that safety comes first.   .... and we are sure that our guests will understand .... until a vaccine is available. ..... then free drinks in Diamond Lounge will commence once again.   We would be happy with that.   They will provide instead a couple of complimentary specialty dinners or lunches to the Diamond people (including me.)  Again, we would be happy with that. 

My Magic 8 Ball says, "don't count on it!"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

Nothing wrong with the current way RC does the DLs, CLs or SLs. If anything we would like to see Celebrity have a 24 hour dedicated Captains Club lounge for elite and above. Celebritys Michales Club/Retreat works that way for zenith and suites guests. 

If the doors were locked until HH, at 6’ spacing, I wonder how long that line would be?  😇

12 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Disagree. 👎👎

I disagree too.

The lounges are for general use and shouldn’t be locked up because some  a-hole saves chairs.  I generally don’t use the lounge at night so I don’t have a dog in the fight. However I do use it (for the computer)  during the day at least once per cruise.   I would hate to be locked out. 

if we’re talking about a random room, that is just used for happy hour, then i don’t see any issue with having the doors open at the time they happy hour begins. That would be similar to the way it works for the upper tier parties on cruise ships. If folks want to stand in line for 30 minutes to be the first ones into a room when it opens, why not let them. 

M

8 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

If the doors were locked until HH, at 6’ spacing, I wonder how long that line would be?  😇

Depending on the ship  I don't want to be in that line. Depending on the itinerary and time of year the line to get in Celebritys Sky Lounge for the evening CC HH can get really long. And then service would suck due to so many of us waiting to get in for the two hour CC HH (5:PM to 7:PM). With Celebrity, drinks and snacks are served by a server. 

Edited by davekathy

7 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

From bow to stern, even before you could get on an elevator.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

I say they should cut back the opening tome for happy hour to one hour, ie sixty minutes. It’s right there in the name. 

either that or change the name to happy hours. 

Nah Happy Days is much better. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

I say they should cut back the opening tome for happy hour to one hour, ie sixty minutes. It’s right there in the name. 

either that or change the name to happy hours. 

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

Disagree! 👎👎

I also disagree.

58570B69-182F-4A8C-860D-D2253BF55920.jpeg.30dda204e79a21c3ff9f10a333ed6bdd.jpeg

• Like 1

Just now, davekathy said:

Or Happy Hours. 🍻🍷

Why limit it to hours?  The loaded drinks at any bar should be available all day -- to me it makes no difference if your drink is at breakfast (mimosa), lunch, dinner, or after hours.  The idea of cramming 6 drinks in a couple of hours is not at all appealing. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Why limit it to hours?  The loaded drinks at any bar should be available all day -- to me it makes no difference if your drink is at breakfast (mimosa), lunch, dinner, or after hours.  The idea of cramming 6 drinks in a couple of hours is not at all appealing. 

I didn't say anything about what hours during the day or evening. 😉 Sounds good to me, but way above my pay grade. Where did you come up with six drinks during the C&A HH? With Celebrity elite and above can get mimosas, bloody marrys and bellinis (unlimited) in the Tuscan Grille from 8:AM to 10:AM each morning during the small breakfast buffet. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I agree that X should have a CCL. Before Zenith, Michales was their CCL. 

My info on X keeping thre door closed until HH was a way of keeping people from going in before HH to ensure they could save seats. 

Nothing will compinsate for social distancing during HH in a lounge with all those who attend. 

9 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Sounds good to me, but way above my pay grade. Where did you come up with six drinks during the C&A HH? With Celebrity elite and above can get mimosas, bloody marrys and bellinis (unlimited) in the Tuscan Grille from 8:AM to 10:AM each morning during the small breakfast buffet. 

I was referring to Royal not Celebrity and the suggestion given here that instead of 3 loaded drinks they increase it to 4, 5, 6 or whatever.  I do prefer Xs system of unlimited anywhere drinks to a dedicated lounge that is way too small and hardly anyone goes except to get coffee in the morning.  I would rather Royal spread out the drinks and let one decide which hours and where to enjoy cocktails.  The DL doesn't do anything for me.  The one in the HOTS with no window and teeny tiny is a depressing. 

Edited by livingonthebeach

31 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

It was hugh and created a crowd in the entry of the Sky Lounge.  Just like on RCI DL right after the boat drill on the first day. People pushing,  etc, to get in and get a seat. LOL

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

I was referring to Royal not Celebrity and the suggestion given here that instead of 3 loaded drinks they increase it to 4, 5, 6 or whatever.  I do prefer Xs system of unlimited anywhere drinks to a dedicated lounge that is way too small and hardly anyone goes except to get coffee in the morning.  I would rather Royal spread out the drinks and let one decide which hours and where to enjoy cocktails.  The DL doesn't do anything for me.  The one in the HOTS with no window and teeny tiny is a depressing. 

I was also referring to RC but at the current number of drinks, not the increased number of drinks suggested or WAGs by others on this thread. My Magic 8 Ball says, " don't count on it".  

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Oxo said:

I agree that X should have a CCL. Before Zenith, Michales was their CCL. 

My info on X keeping thre door closed until HH was a way of keeping people from going in before HH to ensure they could save seats. 

Nothing will compinsate for social distancing during HH in a lounge with all those who attend. 

We always go in the DL before the C&A HH starts but never save seats as it's only the two us us. Celebritys zeniths and suite guests still have Michales Club on pre revolutionized ships and The Retreat on post revolutionized ships. No changes there. Speaking of HH it's that time here. 🍷🍻

Edited by davekathy