Captains Club Problems

tromvest

Somehow Captains Club has gone into two of my family member accounts, husbands and sons, and assigned completely new CC numbers, eliminated sailing histories and past and upcoming cruises.  Ive called Celebrity and someone is supposedly working on it but the problems have gotten worse.  This is not the first time this has happened over all of the years.  They've messed our accounts up before but this is by far the worst.

Has this happened to anyone and if so is there a department or competent contact person that you have used that can fix this?

I'm so frustrated!

Thanks!

43 minutes ago, tromvest said:

Somehow Captains Club has gone into two of my family member accounts, husbands and sons, and assigned completely new CC numbers, eliminated sailing histories and past and upcoming cruises.  Ive called Celebrity and someone is supposedly working on it but the problems have gotten worse.  This is not the first time this has happened over all of the years.  They've messed our accounts up before but this is by far the worst.

Has this happened to anyone and if so is there a department or competent contact person that you have used that can fix this?

I'm so frustrated!

Thanks!

Did you contact the Captains Club at 1-800-760-0654? We've never had any issues with our CC account. I do find the CC reps. a lot more knowledgeable and helpful then those that work at the call center. 

Edited by davekathy

I can sympathize with your problems but maybe you should just put this aside until cruising resumes.  I'm sure they have eliminated all of the staff that they could and I'll bet fixing CC histories may be a low priority item for them.  I'm sure that they will take care of it when things get re-started .

Good Luck  

Our CC is currently messed up as well but in a different way. Our past cruises page shows that we’ve taken 18 cruises between end of March 2020 and now. Sadly, this is just not the case. 

Maybe it will get fixed.

In your case, however, the accounts need to be sorted out...especially since they’ve disappeared!  Calling the CC directly is the best bet. 

After several years of reading about technical issues associated with the online platform, I’m not really surprised by any of it. 

It seems that there a problems with the Captain's Club cruise history.  We have 1 cruise we never booked or took showing up 5 times and a cruise we cancelled showing up - although there are no point given for any of them.   Also when I log in there is no link for upcoming cruises, I have to go to cruise history and then from there select Upcoming Cruises.  With the reduced staff maybe someone will have time to correct the 2 accounts but more likely when things settle down they will address all the issues with the Captain's Club accounts.

2 hours ago, tromvest said:

I'm so frustrated!

Thanks!

Yes, it happened to my wife. A year ago, (maybe a bit longer? Subjective perception of time is not reliable these days) she was given a new CC number and her cruise history was zero. She called Celebrity at least twice, each time being reassured that the problem would be corrected. I finally collected screen shots of e-mails from Celebrity to her showing two different CC numbers, and someone apparently finally realized that there actually was an issue. She ended up with a THIRD CC number, different from the first two, but with her cruise history intact. Haven't had a problem since.

We had contacted Celebrity through the phone numbers and e-mail as shown on their Web site. It just took a few tries to get it resolved.

4 hours ago, EatonDoolittle said:

I went in to check my account and they are definitely re-designing the CC section of the website. 

Not an excuse for the deviation, but maybe  a reason. 

They must be getting ready to debut enhanced CC benefits. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Our CC is currently messed up as well but in a different way. Our past cruises page shows that we’ve taken 18 cruises between end of March 2020 and now. Sadly, this is just not the case. 

Maybe it will get fixed.

In your case, however, the accounts need to be sorted out...especially since they’ve disappeared!  Calling the CC directly is the best bet. 

After several years of reading about technical issues associated with the online platform, I’m not really surprised by any of it. 

g - this may put you so much closer to Zenith Level, right???  😊😊😊

bon voyage

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, dkjretired said:

I'm still booked on my cruise for 2039, can't wait....

We'll see you then!  Dibs on an upper bunk, since I think they will have to at least double us all up since so many are going.

10 minutes ago, travlr21 said:

We'll see you then!  Dibs on an upper bunk, since I think they will have to at least double us all up since so many are going.

Yes, looking forward to it I figure by then they will have excursions advertised as land, sea and space trips.  What the heck I'll only be 92.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/11/2020 at 11:43 AM, EatonDoolittle said:

I went in to check my account and they are definitely re-designing the CC section of the website. 

Not an excuse for the deviation, but maybe  a reason. 

I don't see why that would compel them to give me a new birthdate.
The only upside was, they made me 11 years younger.

So, here’s what’s happened since my original post.

I got an email from Captains Club saying that they’re working on it. 

I decided to log in this morning and check both my husbands and sons accounts. I held my breath and logged in....

Now, my son whose name is Michael John is now Michael William. They also changed his birthdate and made him three years younger. 

My husband, John William is now John John. 

And... the user name and password for my husband now brings up my sons info and vice versa. Both of their past sailings are still incorrect.

the one bit of good news is they have their original captains club numbers back. 

Its a work in progress. They really are a disaster over there in the IT department.

6 hours ago, tromvest said:

So, here’s what’s happened since my original post.

I got an email from Captains Club saying that they’re working on it. 

I decided to log in this morning and check both my husbands and sons accounts. I held my breath and logged in....

Now, my son whose name is Michael John is now Michael William. They also changed his birthdate and made him three years younger. 

My husband, John William is now John John. 

And... the user name and password for my husband now brings up my sons info and vice versa. Both of their past sailings are still incorrect.

the one bit of good news is they have their original captains club numbers back. 

Its a work in progress. They really are a disaster over there in the IT department.

I totally sympathize we have had an ongoing problem for the last 2 years which they cannot or don’t know how to fix.  One cruise they made us US citizens & changed my DH’s name & couldn’t correct it before our cruise, to the point that we had to be met at the cruise Port to make sure we could get on the ship with a Canadian passport.  Right now we have 129 past cruises of which 65 are not ours with no points but points for our real past cruises are correct.  Every time we book a cruise it’s a surprise to see what they have done to our booking.  So hang in there & keep after it to get it correct.