The Daily for Wednesday Jul 15, 2020

richwmn

@kazu   We have those same bell flowers in white and purple.   Our neighbour always called them Canterbury bells.  

So so excited my Japanese tree peony that I have had for three years is finally opening!  And my Johnny jump ups are definitely jumping! 

21B2BA32-1980-481D-A9A6-B6316929D969.jpeg

443C2B21-CAFC-4314-B5BA-ABB86F5516D3.jpeg

• Like 2

Good morning! I appreciate the reminder for Pet Safety Day. I do not have stickers noting that we have a cat. Cows are common where I live. When the kids were in school (in the city), my daughter would tell her friends that the "cows down the road got out, so we were late to (7am) choir". Her friends believed her. LOL I have a lot of things ready to get to Goodwill, it's just a matter of loading the car and driving them into the city.

@summer slope....I loved Butchart gardens. DH trailed around but his favourite stop was the picture below. (Somehow it moved from where I put it. )

@ger_77, drive safely. Enjoy the visit!

Here's to a belated celebration @Vict0riann

Have a beautiful summer day! Blessings to all!

20170918_133355.jpg

Edited by Dismomx5
  • Like 5

34 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Oh  I am missing those high teas with scones and cream!  We had an amazing one last year near Tintagel where King Arthur was supposed to be born.  

5775816C-5DA1-4088-910C-5ED6508A665D.jpeg

Wow!

Roy

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bennybear said:

@kazu   We have those same bell flowers in white and purple.   Our neighbour always called them Canterbury bells.  

So so excited my Japanese tree peony that I have had for three years is finally opening!  And my Johnny jump ups are definitely jumping! 

21B2BA32-1980-481D-A9A6-B6316929D969.jpeg

443C2B21-CAFC-4314-B5BA-ABB86F5516D3.jpeg

Oh very pretty.  Yes the white flowers are Canterbury bells.  I have them in bluish purple and white but don’t have your lovely colour. 😞 

Your Japanese peony tree is gorgeous.  One wouldn’t survive here, sadly.

• Like 2

bfdf6840d95cccfd955d94ba0c3b764a.jpg

Every year we rent a cabin in the nearby mountains, usually late July. It’s lovely and only 40 minutes away. This year we didn’t reserve the cabin due to a major fire in the Catalina Mountains, called the Bighorn Fire. All residents had to evacuate and only last week were able to go back. No visitors are allowed yet but we are still hoping to go sometime in August or September. This is sunset from the back porch viewing to the south toward town taken last year.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Like 4

I am  enjoying   the daily "visit" here   from  afar. It  is   wonderful  to  see   the  beautiful  pictures  as   well.As  far as  cows, I  am   such   a  city   girl   that  the   first   time  I   saw  one  up  close I   was  16  years  old. I  never  forgot   the  beautiful  eyes.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

So sad with today's news that four ships have been sold.  We just got the email cancellation of our Rotterdam cruise next year from HAL.😢

So sorry to hear this.

Roy

54 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

So sad with today's news that four ships have been sold.  We just got the email cancellation of our Rotterdam cruise next year from HAL.😢

We also had our Rotterdam cruise cancelled. Notice all four sold ships are on the move thru the Suez Canal. 

🤦‍♀️😂😂😂😂

Here we go again!!

Rotterdam Cruise Again canceled 2 times now!! Our 1/22 Panama cruise gone! Thank God we have Oceania cruise still after we were to get off Rotterdam in FLL.

Looking at Volendam 10day Sea of Cortez 

here at home durning Jan then fly to Miami to do Oceania! So disappointed so upset!

Denise😞😞😞😞

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

Ann, I am sorry.  The merry-go-round never stops.  Hope straightening everything out will not be too painful.

I saw that Denise & @summer slope are dealing with the same mess.  Probably other Dailyites, too. Sigh.

Edited by cat shepard

16 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🤦‍♀️😂😂😂😂

Here we go again!!

Rotterdam Cruise Again canceled 2 times now!! Our 1/22 Panama cruise gone! Thank God we have Oceania cruise still after we were to get off Rotterdam in FLL.

Looking at Volendam 10day Sea of Cortez 

here at home durning Jan then fly to Miami to do Oceania! So disappointed so upset!

Denise😞😞😞😞

Denise this stinks! Hope straightening it out is not too painful.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Ann, I am sorry.  The merry-go-round never stops.  Hope straightening everything out will not be too painful.

I saw that Denise & @summer slope are dealing with the same mess.  Probably other Dailyites, too. Sigh.

I haven't gotten anything although I don't have much skin in the game.  I had just 2 HAL cruises booked and one (Zuiderdam Quebec to Boston) was cancelled some time ago.  I was wait listed on the last segment of the World cruise and expect I'll eventually get a notice.

Roy

15 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I haven't gotten anything although I don't have much skin in the game.  I had just 2 HAL cruises booked and one (Zuiderdam Quebec to Boston) was cancelled some time ago.  I was wait listed on the last segment of the World cruise and expect I'll eventually get a notice.

Roy

Someone mentioned on one of the other threads the probability that there will be no WC next year - and Zaandam will do it in 2022.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have to say we are so sad right now.  I know it probably would  have been cancelled since it was early January but it was hope, something to be excited about in this terrible time we all are going through.  Just depressing.  But this daily brings a ray of sunshine into each day.

Edited by summer slope
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Denise this stinks! Hope straightening it out is not too painful.

I am so sick of 5 cruises canceled in 4 months. 3 with HAL 2 with O. I need to realize this isn’t about me we have so many with HAL going through this. I understand completely. I was finally looking at 2022 and counting the days! Not now. It will get figured out Cat! Thanks!

Give a hug to Bondi too!

Denise😊

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, lindaler said:

I lost three cruises today when they said they sold the ships. Only one officially canceled but if the ship is gone. .  . 

So sad. 

I feel for you too Linda! Please enjoy your time of traveling with your fur baby and your trailer and stay safe!

Denise😊

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, summer slope said:

I have to say we are so sad right now.  I know it probably would  have been cancelled since it was early January but it was hope, something to be excited about in this terrible time we all are going through.  Just depressing.  But this daily brings a ray of sunshine into each day.

Giving a virtual hug !! I am so happy for our group here on the daily to express our ups and downs!

Denise😊

• Like 3