The Daily for Wednesday Jul 15, 2020

richwmn

31 minutes ago, richwmn said:

My Amsterdam Christmas cruise is now gone, trying to move it over to Volendam for the same dates. That one still has a chance of not going. We'll just have to see.

Sorry Rich. I hope it works out.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I haven't gotten anything although I don't have much skin in the game.  I had just 2 HAL cruises booked and one (Zuiderdam Quebec to Boston) was cancelled some time ago.  I was wait listed on the last segment of the World cruise and expect I'll eventually get a notice.

Roy

Sorry Roy. It is still disappointing. 

• Thanks 1

So sad for all of you that have had their cruises cancelled.

And sad for all of us to see these ships leaving the fleet. 💔💓💔

And now, I guess I better get to work to sadly deal with the Future Cruise Listing 😞. It’s much more fun to add than remove.  This is depressing 😞 😓

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, summer slope said:

I have to say we are so sad right now.  I know it probably would  have been cancelled since it was early January but it was hope, something to be excited about in this terrible time we all are going through.  Just depressing.  But this daily brings a ray of sunshine into each day.

if nothing else it provides a safe haven to air one’s disappointments.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, lindaler said:

I lost three cruises today when they said they sold the ships. Only one officially canceled but if the ship is gone. .  . 

So sad. 

Linda that is too much. Three. I would be having one heck of a pity party.  I am sorry. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Someone mentioned on one of the other threads the probability that there will be no WC next year - and Zaandam will do it in 2022.

Thanks.  I was aware of that but some people have gotten emails but not me.  Good news is between the Amsterdam/Zaandam and the Zuiderdam HAL has only $750 of my money.  If things are a go for me on WC22, Zaandam is my favorite current HAL ship by a slight margin over the Amsterdam.   13.4 million COVID deaths worldwide and counting puts a few cancelled cruises into perspective.

Roy

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thanks.  I was aware of that but some people have gotten emails but not me.  Good news is between the Amsterdam/Zaandam and the Zuiderdam HAL has only $750 of my money.  If things are a go for me on WC22, Zaandam is my favorite current HAL ship by a slight margin over the Amsterdam.   13.4 million COVID deaths worldwide and counting puts a few cancelled cruises into perspective.

Roy

I am very fond of Zaandam, too.  That was a great South America cruise on her!

• Like 1

I resigned myself, a couple of months ago, that I'd probably taken my last cruise ship. With my mobility, health and age, I don't expect to get approved for future trips. Now I have to buy a new roof, so no extra 'fun money' anyway. 

I can always go back to just my trains and excursion type boats [I hate the 'cattle call' flying has turned into.] and be satisfied. 

If sometime in the future, I can go cruising again, - I will consider it a bonus. I packed a lot of cruises into 4 plus years and enjoyed every class of ship HAL had to offer. Got to almost all the places I really wanted to see. And met a lot of nice people. 😄

There will still be sailaways [hopefully] and this Daily to look forward to - unless we  burn Rich out from posting everyday. Thanks, Rich.

Edited by Happily@Sea
  • Like 7

I am so sorry to hear of all of the cancelled cruises due to the sale of the four ships. So disappointing for all of you. Sailing on the Rotterdam was a bucket list thing for me. That changes to the Zaandam, which I have booked for February 2021. I have no confidence that we will be on her, though. Too soon, and DH, as a diabetic is vulnerable even though he is stable.

Oh my, now our 2 cruises on Rotterdam our cancelled, but what a big surprise that she and Amsterdam will be gone!  
Thanks so much for the Daily, Rich and I’ll keep checking back, though I’m not a daily poster!

• Like 2

Feeling sad about the Rotterdam,  we so enjoyed all the beautiful wood and lovely size for exploring the Norwegian fjords.   But we also had a lovely cruise on the Koningsdam.   I know Change is constant, I just hope HAL weathers  the next months in a recognizable form.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bobpatj said:

Oh my, now our 2 cruises on Rotterdam our cancelled, but what a big surprise that she and Amsterdam will be gone!  
Thanks so much for the Daily, Rich and I’ll keep checking back, though I’m not a daily poster!

Hi Pat!  So good to see you here.  Sad to see so many cruises cancelled.  Our Aug 2021 Rotterdam cruise was the third one cancelled for us.

Hope to see you around.  The Daily is a nice place for us to chat with friends.

Sharon & Craig, your Med Rotterdam friends......  can you believe that was 19 years ago!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🤦‍♀️😂😂😂😂

Here we go again!!

Rotterdam Cruise Again canceled 2 times now!! Our 1/22 Panama cruise gone! Thank God we have Oceania cruise still after we were to get off Rotterdam in FLL.

Looking at Volendam 10day Sea of Cortez 

here at home durning Jan then fly to Miami to do Oceania! So disappointed so upset!

Denise😞😞😞😞

That's such bad news Denise!  You obviously put a lot of thought and planning and time into your itineraries.  I hope Oceania pans out - I'd definitely like to hear your impressions of that line.  How about Seabourn?  I recently (don't judge me) booked a cruise on the Odyssey to Alaska in Sep 2021.  I don't know what the future holds, but at least we can be hopeful!

Bill

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, richwmn said:

today is National Pet Fire Safety Day, Cow Appreciation Day, and National Give Something Away Day

Thank you for the daily report Rich.  I don't have any pet stickers on our windows, honestly never thought of it, so am happy that it was brought up by National Pet Fire Safety Day and the posters.  I love beef so really do appreciate cows.  I didn't give anything away today but will soon.  Passing on meal suggestion....  I have way too many leftovers.

Loved all the pictures today.  I posted the sunset earlier using my IPad which I don't really like using for CC but it is much easier to post photos.  So I'll only use it when posting pictures.

So sad about the cancelled cruises for the sold ships.  This was my third cancelled cruise. 

Good news.....  My son's test came back negative and he is back at work. 

Bad news.....  My sister in law is in the hospital with pneumonia.  She went to urgent care on Sunday with symptoms and they tested her and gave her scripts for antibiotics.  Forward to Tuesday, she is worse and was admitted to the hospital.  Test results not back yet.  I just ask everyone to think of her and for Roy to add her to his Care List.  

Have a good evening everyone!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CabinBoy2020 said:

That's such bad news Denise!  You obviously put a lot of thought and planning and time into your itineraries.  I hope Oceania pans out - I'd definitely like to hear your impressions of that line.  How about Seabourn?  I recently (don't judge me) booked a cruise on the Odyssey to Alaska in Sep 2021.  I don't know what the future holds, but at least we can be hopeful!

Bill

Hi Bill!

You know what? Third time is a charm right? I will get there some how!LOL!

I really enjoyed  Seabourn! Did Greece in 2006!. This time money and FCC’s and deposits I need to book by 12/22! So yes I need to get another cruise in. It will happen👍
Thanks for caring and checking in!

Denise😊

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Thank you for the daily report Rich.  I don't have any pet stickers on our windows, honestly never thought of it, so am happy that it was brought up by National Pet Fire Safety Day and the posters.  I love beef so really do appreciate cows.  I didn't give anything away today but will soon.  Passing on meal suggestion....  I have way too many leftovers.

Loved all the pictures today.  I posted the sunset earlier using my IPad which I don't really like using for CC but it is much easier to post photos.  So I'll only use it when posting pictures.

So sad about the cancelled cruises for the sold ships.  This was my third cancelled cruise. 

Bad news.....  My sister in law is in the hospital with pneumonia.  She went to urgent care on Sunday with symptoms and they tested her and gave her scripts for antibiotics.  Forward to Tuesday, she is worse and was admitted to the hospital.  Test results not back yet.  I just ask everyone to think of her and for Roy to add her to his Care List.  

Have a good evening everyone!

Sharon you are in my top list!!! Prayers are out there big time to you! I am so sorry! It puts my comments about canceled cruises to shame😞 God bless your family and so hope your sister-in-law comes through healthy and well! She is in good hands! I am happy your son is good!

GOD BLESS YOU

Denise😊

• Like 1

@DeeniEncinitas well shoot, I'm sorry you got cancelled AGAIN! Jeez. We just have the 1 missed week of FCC for the Mexico cruise, and STILL waiting for the $20,000 plus from our cancelled Hawaii/Tahiti cruise from March.

@Sharon in AZ Great news on your son, and hoping and praying for your sis in law.

All will work out in God's great plan for us. Something wonderful is on the horizon.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Bad news.....  My sister in law is in the hospital with pneumonia.

Great that your son is fine. So sorry to hear about your DSIL.

• Like 2