Evening room service Aqua Class Equinox

NonnaTLC

Hello, I'm bored at home and dreaming of my January 2022 Caribbean cruise.  I have searched the forums, YouTube, and basic Google, but can't find an answer.

It is my understanding that Aqua Class passengers have 24 hour room service.  If true, can you order a "bedtime snack"?  (Not a full meal)

We generally eat fairly early, and plan to take full advantage of Blu, however we both become a little "peckish" before bed.  Is the menu just full on entrés, or can you order a sandwich or cookies at night?

Thank you for any help you can give me.  It's a long way off, but a girl can plan and dream!

Sparkle on Everyone!  Stay safe!

NonnaT

Edited by NonnaTLC
misspelling

All categories get 24 hour room service but there is a fee for orders between 11:00 PM and 6:00 AM or there abouts. The fee is waved for suites.  You can get anything on the menu, including cheese, cookies, etc.  Depending on the time at night you can get pizza at the buffet and pastries at the café shop.

• Thanks 1

Again, 24/7 room service is included. On all sailings, a late night room fee of $4.95 will be added to all orders received between 11pm and 6am. Room service outside the hours of 11pm and 6am is complimentary. Continental breakfast is served on request in your stateroom between 06:30am and 10:00am.

• Thanks 1

We had rarely used room service other than for a quick breakfast until I had a temporary mobility issue...We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of food delivered and the fact it arrived hot! 

Favourites included the noodle soup (ideal after an excursion when you need something to keep you going until dinner but don’t want a meal) and the chicken sandwich with fries (the best fries on the ship)....

We rarely have our dinner in suite but as others have said you can order from the MDR menu. Note that unless you are in a suite your room service will all arrive together so better to order something other than ice cream for dessert as by the time you get to it it will be a puddle!

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, chemmo said:

We had rarely used room service other than for a quick breakfast until I had a temporary mobility issue...We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of food delivered and the fact it arrived hot! 

Favourites included the noodle soup (ideal after an excursion when you need something to keep you going until dinner but don’t want a meal) and the chicken sandwich with fries (the best fries on the ship)....

We rarely have our dinner in suite but as others have said you can order from the MDR menu. Note that unless you are in a suite your room service will all arrive together so better to order something other than ice cream for dessert as by the time you get to it it will be a puddle!

For the last couple of years getting your meal by courses in suites is really dependent on how good your Butler is,  Many  have reported back that it’s not happening anymore. 

• Thanks 1

I could be mistaken, but I believe Concierge, Aqua, and Suites don't have to pay the late night fee for room service, plus have a slightly upgraded menu.

The only room service I usually order is breakfast. Though on a DCL cruise, I did order some chicken fingers because I felt guilt just ordering a couple of Mickey bars 🙂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dkjretired said:

For the last couple of years getting your meal by courses in suites is really dependent on how good your Butler is,  Many  have reported back that it’s not happening anymore. 

The only times we have asked for room service course by course we have arranged with our butler in advance.

If you last minute order something your butler may not be on duty or may be looking after a larger number of suites as staff step down/move to other duties.

We would not complain if at 10 pm we ordered items and they arrived all together but if we had prearranged with the butler we would ask for and expect course by course.

11 minutes ago, NonnaTLC said:

The fee is not concerning to me, I really just wanted to know if we could get a snack between 9 and 10 pm.  Even a pb and j and a glass of milk would be good at that time, lol!  

Will not be a problem!

Also remember cafe al bachio is a great place to pick up a drink and cookies to take back to the room. Only snag is you call thinking ‘I’ll get a hot chocolate and a cookie’ and then end up with something very alcoholic to go with the rather large slice of cake you chose instead of your cookie....

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, chemmo said:

The only times we have asked for room service course by course we have arranged with our butler in advance.

If you last minute order something your butler may not be on duty or may be looking after a larger number of suites as staff step down/move to other duties.

We would not complain if at 10 pm we ordered items and they arrived all together but if we had prearranged with the butler we would ask for and expect course by course.

Point is it used to be standard in suites although not a written perk. It appears that is not the case anymore.

2 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

I could be mistaken, but I believe Concierge, Aqua, and Suites don't have to pay the late night fee for room service, plus have a slightly upgraded menu.

The only room service I usually order is breakfast. Though on a DCL cruise, I did order some chicken fingers because I felt guilt just ordering a couple of Mickey bars 🙂

I know AQ has an upgraded breakfast menu, but I don't think for other meals but not 100% sure.  And there is no exemption of the late night fee.  Not sure about the other categories.

1 hour ago, dkjretired said:

Point is it used to be standard in suites although not a written perk. It appears that is not the case anymore.

I think it may be better to describe course by course dining as possible by arrangement rather than as a perk. With the number of rooms the butler’s service (especially on the newer ships) I do think expectations should be reasonable...

Our attitude to butler service is that we understand we have a ‘shared’ butler and anything that requires additional service from him should be planned with him. In our experience this works well. I think the problems/complaints can arise when people sort things last minute. If 4/5 Suites suddenly decide they are dining ‘at home’ the butler simply will struggle to cope...If he knows in advance (and consequently the kitchen knows in advance) they can sort and organise...

• Like 1

It never occurred to me to ask early!  Thanks for that tip!  We will let our butler know that we would like a snack at that time every evening.  I would have just looked at the room service menu and then ordered.  Of course, the few times we have had breakfast in our cabin, we have ordered the day before.

2 minutes ago, NonnaTLC said:

It never occurred to me to ask early!  Thanks for that tip!  We will let our butler know that we would like a snack at that time every evening.  I would have just looked at the room service menu and then ordered.  Of course, the few times we have had breakfast in our cabin, we have ordered the day before.

In Aqua class you don’t have a butler so you will need to use the room service menu. It should not be an issue. If you want something similar every night (cheese and crackers) your room attendant may be able to sort it for you. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

In Aqua class you don’t have a butler so you will need to use the room service menu. It should not be an issue. If you want something similar every night (cheese and crackers) your room attendant may be able to sort it for you. 

Yes, worth chatting with your room attendant and seeing what they can provide. Room service from ordering to delivery is, I would think on average about 30 mins (depending on if you have ordered a snack or something more substantial).

Remember you do also have the option of meandering through the buffet or visiting cafe el bachio to pick up something savoury or sweet.

Hope you have a fantastic cruise!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NonnaTLC said:

The fee is not concerning to me, I really just wanted to know if we could get a snack between 9 and 10 pm.  Even a pb and j and a glass of milk would be good at that time, lol!  

You’re making me all nostalgic here. Will we ever get to cruise as we did before, ever again?  I do hope so, but my little bit us to say we go up to Oceanview for a snack after the late show. What a lovely range of goodies are on display by then! 

13 hours ago, Larwos said:

You’re making me all nostalgic here. Will we ever get to cruise as we did before, ever again?  I do hope so, but my little bit us to say we go up to Oceanview for a snack after the late show. What a lovely range of goodies are on display by then! 

Thank you for that tip!!!