Dancing with the Stars Fall 2020?

Hi all!

I'm wondering when the new season begins with the new host & hostess will any of us watch. I hear Tyra Banks is on the show but don't know if she's replacing Erin or Tom. Wonder whose gowns we'll be commenting on, if any.

See you in September?

~ Jo ~ 😊

I also have mostly lost interest in it also. I have been taping every season and end up watching some of it or none at all. Why did Erin and Tom leave? Do you think they will even have a season this year. I'm sort of thinking maybe not since they work so close together. I know if they replaced Carrie Ann I definitely wouldn't miss her. Ugh!

Edited by ReneeFLL

I believe Tyra is replacing Tom but have not a clue on anything else as I haven't watched in a long time either. As for

this upcoming year? I don't think any of these reality shows are going to be happening "like normal".......too many

variables in this life of covid.  Besides a risk for the contestants, the audience is always sitting right there......

Nobody released the actual reasons for Tom and Erin leaving.........I don't think it was mutual and ABC said they

are "moving in a different direction"............but we will probably never know. 

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all!

I received an email from ABC about DWTS & even what pros are back. It starts Sept 14.

I wonder whose clothes we'll be critiquing, Tyra's? I'll give it a boo but if I don't like the new people or don't know any "stars",  will forget about it.

Hope you're all well & staying safe. Sure hope we can cruise again soon!!!🤞

~ Jo ~ 😊

• 2 weeks later...

I read somewhere that both Erin and Tom are gone. 😢  And now I'm hearing that Carole Baskin from Big Cat Rescue will be one of the stars.  Big Cat Rescue is a great organization so I really hope this will bring her some good publicity after the Tiger King fiasco.  But I'm afraid she's not going to last very long.  I haven't heard who any of the other stars will be.  

1 hour ago, CruisinCrow said:

Did you ever hear why?  I will miss them.

You can google the story but to make it short.....ABC chose "to go in another direction".  So the network let both of

them go.

they should pair Derek Hough with Johnny Weir!!!  I'd actually pay to see that one!!   But, come on.  You put a gymnast or a skater in the mix and they basically have a lock.   Johnny W has wicked artistic skills that will translate to dance.

29 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

they should pair Derek Hough with Johnny Weir!!!  I'd actually pay to see that one!!   But, come on.  You put a gymnast or a skater in the mix and they basically have a lock.   Johnny W has wicked artistic skills that will translate to dance.

Mmmm, no - but agree with the rest of it.  😊 JW is artistic and athletic. I think he'll do well.

34 minutes ago, retiring soon said:

HI all!

I just read somewhere that Derek will be a judge! I wonder what that means? Are they going with 4 or has somebody left? Oh well only 6 more days 'til we see!!

Stay safe!

~ Jo ~ 😊

Len is not traveling due to the virus......so although he may help judge virtually, Derek will be with others here in the

states. 

I was prepared to hate the new version of DWTS but was pleasantly surprised. Or maybe I am bored by a summer of mostly staying home.🤪.  The new format seemed to go a lot quicker, not as much filler.  Maybe Tyra Banks will grow on me as a host. 

I only recognize about half of the “stars”.

Sherri🙂

I also thought it went quicker which I liked. There seemed to be more new pro dancers, but I haven't really watched in a while. The cat lady was terrible. Also, after Tyra changed I didn't think the red pants and pink top went together very well.

Edited by ReneeFLL

Didn't like Tyra at all.  Also with all that hair and then that necklace, it looked to me like she had no neck.

I think it seemed to go so fast because there are so many of them.....notice dances were short too.  They'll probably have fillers as the "stars" get weeded down.

Maybe one more week and only because dh wants to watch it one more week.

Now you are all sworn to secrecy about that....... his words to me are "don't tell anyone I watch this!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1