Lift & Shift Extended

CHEZMARYLOU

On 7/28/2020 at 11:48 AM, Jim_Iain said:

Lift and Shift has been a failure for me.   I had a B2B2B2B booked starting Nov 10 and 2 of the 4 segments aren't eligible as there are no alternatives.  The cruise was on Eclipse out of Singapore -  They do not have any cruises from Singapore to Australia in 2021.

I'm just about to start the cancellation process for all the cruises as I don't want to pay $30,000 plus only to deal with the hassel of trying to get FCC's.    As it is I have more FCC's than I think I will be able to use in a year unless you can apply more than one per person to a cruise.

At times, Celebrity will combine multiple FCC's for you into one bigger FCC.  Your travel agent should be able to help you with that process.  Let me know if you need help.  All that said, we are in the same boat.  We're going to need to cancel tomorrow for an upcoming TransAtl that's not going to to happen but is not yet canceled by Celebrity. 

On 7/31/2020 at 2:45 PM, begood2me said:

At times, Celebrity will combine multiple FCC's for you into one bigger FCC.  Your travel agent should be able to help you with that process.  Let me know if you need help.  All that said, we are in the same boat.  We're going to need to cancel tomorrow for an upcoming TransAtl that's not going to to happen but is not yet canceled by Celebrity. 

My TA said they could only enter one but Called CC and they said they could do an exception and do it for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Hubby and I sat down and had "the talk". You all know the one...The pros and cons of Lift & Shift. 

I said "If Reflection sails in April, I will be aboard, vaccine or no vaccine".  He said " I don't want to be quarantined at sea" . I said "It will make the cruise longer". He was not amused. He said "I don't want to wear a mask everywhere". I said "neither do I". So I called the TA, she made the switch, helped us pick a cabin on Millennium for a 10 night Ultimate Caribbean in March of 2022. Whew! Glad that's over with. I gotta admit it still stings a little but I believe it has relieved some stress as well. 

Cheers! Lisa

5 hours ago, diamondintn said:

Well, Hubby and I sat down and had "the talk". You all know the one...The pros and cons of Lift & Shift. 

I said "If Reflection sails in April, I will be aboard, vaccine or no vaccine".  He said " I don't want to be quarantined at sea" . I said "It will make the cruise longer". He was not amused. He said "I don't want to wear a mask everywhere". I said "neither do I". So I called the TA, she made the switch, helped us pick a cabin on Millennium for a 10 night Ultimate Caribbean in March of 2022. Whew! Glad that's over with. I gotta admit it still stings a little but I believe it has relieved some stress as well. 

Cheers! Lisa

We felt a lot better after lifting and shifting our cruise to 2022. Just too stressful worrying about the impact of Covid and a second spike. There is obviously disappointment but we just felt it was the sensible option.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DeltaJoe15 said:

Have been turned down 4 times by Celebrity for lift & shift on sames itinerary  Not happy They want me 

to change to Western Carib. from Eastern Carib  

You're saying you are being turned down within the date timeframes even though they had the same itinerary and same number of days?  Was it the same class of ship?  (that is, M Class, S Class, or Edge class).  If yes to both questions, I would escalate it as you should qualify.  

6 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Not looking forward to the "talk" next month with 5 booked between Jan and Apr.  If Celebrity doesn't put out any more details about how they will be resuming I guess the talk won't even be necessary.

I hear you.  I've already had to have the "talk" twice for cruises this year (not even counting the ones Celebrity cancelled) and I feel I need to have one for our B2B January out of Tampa but he is just not ready to hear it yet.  I'll wait a month or two and see where Celebrity is as far as announcing cancellations - and also where the vaccine situation stands although there is no realistic way it will be available to all by then.  Sigh

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DeltaJoe15 said:

Same class   same cabin on the Connie  Sky Suite  I think the problem is thy are getting around $3500

more for that cabin that I paid   That is not my problem  They created the Lift & Shift program

Are you booked via a TA.  I believe there are some rates that don't qualify.  Have you checked using the L&S tool on their web site using your booking info.  I believe they are now being strict about what they are offering so if it's not listed as an alternative with the tool you are probably out of luck.

When we lift & shifted from Reflection in 2021 to Millennium in 2022, we booked one of the cabins on deck 10 that was added during her revolution. They started out as aqua cabins then changed to 2C verandah cabins. We are in #2008. Has anyone stayed in one of these cabins? If so, are there any differences between them and a regular verandah? 

I'm glad to see this thread and have enjoyed reading each persons differing experiences.

I've already had several short versions of "The Talk" as a means of priming the situation for when it will eventually need to occur. I have a March 2021 Apex Aft S1 and there appears to be plenty of option for a L&S in 2022. On top of this, I'm also not able to travel to Canada during this time so having "The Talk" on the phone has been easier than I anticipated. My partner is working to get a new PR card issued but who knows how long that will take. I figure if cruises are happening in early 2021 and we are both able to travel, we could hopefully just book something last minute.

On 8/16/2020 at 3:59 PM, DeltaJoe15 said:

Same class   same cabin on the Connie  Sky Suite  I think the problem is thy are getting around $3500

more for that cabin that I paid   That is not my problem  They created the Lift & Shift program

Something is not right here. Same number of days and within their stated timeline?   If yes, and if you booked with a TA maybe they are the problem or you booked with some kind of bulk rate with your TA?  Celebrity may not choose to honor a bulk discount rate, or perhaps your TA will not allow it?

14 hours ago, vulcan1971 said:

I figure if cruises are happening in early 2021 and we are both able to travel, we could hopefully just book something last minute.

We currently have a cruise booked for April 2021 out of Japan.    However, now there is rumour (not confirmed fact) that the Eclipse and Millennium won’t go over for the Winter 2021 season.   We’ve “had the talk” and if the ships are still in San Diego in December (over the holidays which is the biggest $ revenue); then we will L&S to 2022 or 2023 (as new itineraries will be out then).    

IF miraculously, the ships go over in Jan/Feb, then a last minute booking is our Plan B ....  

18 minutes ago, hvbaskey said:

We currently have a cruise booked for April 2021 out of Japan.    However, now there is rumour (not confirmed fact) that the Eclipse and Millennium won’t go over for the Winter 2021 season.   We’ve “had the talk” and if the ships are still in San Diego in December (over the holidays which is the biggest $ revenue); then we will L&S to 2022 or 2023 (as new itineraries will be out then).    

IF miraculously, the ships go over in Jan/Feb, then a last minute booking is our Plan B ....  

Unless they extend L & S your plan won’t work as currently a L & S  must be done by September 30, 2020.  The April TP could only move to the  April 2022 TP.

I just found this X site this morning:  http://www.thecelebritycommitment.com/Cruise_with_Confidence.html

It has a "Lift & Shift Checker"  that's an excel file.  enter ship and date, click the button, and it'll give you eligible future sailings.   Direct link in case the link above changes: http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/CEL_CWC_Sailing_Checker.zip

Unfortunately, when I put in my 28-Nov Port Everglades to San Juan repo, NOTHING comes up as an eligible lift & shift.   Time to call X I guess. 

On 7/22/2020 at 5:51 PM, Fouremco said:

That will make a lot of people happy.

Not me unfortunately. We are on a TA in April and would definitely L&S but Spring 2022 transatlantic cruises are not usually out until Nov of this year. Now if X would just extend the final date by a few more weeks we would be very happy. 

Edited by sandancer

5 hours ago, D C said:

I just found this X site this morning:  http://www.thecelebritycommitment.com/Cruise_with_Confidence.html

It has a "Lift & Shift Checker"  that's an excel file.  enter ship and date, click the button, and it'll give you eligible future sailings.   Direct link in case the link above changes: http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/CEL_CWC_Sailing_Checker.zip

Unfortunately, when I put in my 28-Nov Port Everglades to San Juan repo, NOTHING comes up as an eligible lift & shift.   Time to call X I guess. 

There has been a tool on the main Celebrity web site which does the same thing.  Just go to the Covid page and click on the Cruise With Confidence tab and then click on lift and shift.  Enter you booking details there and it will show you eligible cruises.

Since there is no similar cruise to yours next year it's not eligible.  Unfortunately a call to X will be a waste of time.  It's been discussed on one of these thread previously.

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

There has been a tool on the main Celebrity web site which does the same thing.  Just go to the Covid page and click on the Cruise With Confidence tab and then click on lift and shift.  Enter you booking details there and it will show you eligible cruises.

Since there is no similar cruise to yours next year it's not eligible.  Unfortunately a call to X will be a waste of time.  It's been discussed on one of these thread previously.

Thanks.  Looks like it's time to cancel and get our deposit back.  We can always rebook if the cruise actually happens. 

4 hours ago, sandancer said:

Not me unfortunately. We are on a TA in April and would definitely L&S but Spring 2022 transatlantic cruises are not usually out until Nov of this year. Now if X would just extend the final date by a few more weeks we would be very happy. 

I've never understood why they can announce some/most April cruises earlier but TA announcements are delayed. Keep your fingers crossed for an extension!🤞

4 hours ago, gerelmx said:

When doing the L&S, the same promotions and cabin price are maintained, only taxes and port fees vary, what happens with prepaid gratuities? When I booked the tips they were 14.50 PPPD and now they are $ 15.50 PPPD

I suspect they will be treated like cruise planner purchases where they will be refunded and you will have to repurchase at the prevailing rate.   Hopefully your original cruise fare is enough less than the new rates to make the $$20-$30 difference negligible.

• Thanks 1