TUI announces cancellation of restart date

EUROPA2 will start her 8th cruise out of Hamburg today. She resumed operations on August 2, with a successful restart. 

Costa's third ship to re-enter service, Costa Smeralda, will return on Oct 10 with the first of five cruises visiting Italian cities. Then, from Nov 14, the fleet's first LNG-powered ship will also visit ports in France and Spain, subject to talks with those national authorities.

3 hours ago, toad455 said:

any word of TUI or any other cruise lines halting service due to the uptick in cases throughout Europe?

Nope, two of the ships do cruise out of Germany (Hamburg and Kiel) and don´t have any shore tours outside of Germany. On Monday the first cruise departs Hamburg with a shore tour but that´s in Bremerhaven. And no "bubble tours" but you can just walk off.

Greece is still doing pretty well regarding the number of cases. So Mein Schiff 6 is still going on.

AIDA announced that all passengers can have a free test in the port of La Spezia - which is the last shore stop of the cruise prior to returning to Civitavecchia. For Germany La Spezia and Naples are high risk areas (as well as Genova, Savona and Malta).

Both MSC and Costa do cruise as scheduled (not regarding the Costa Diadema).

steamboats

Browsing through your previous posts guys, jees, the photos and videos are amazing. Its such a pitty I cant enjoy the cruise with all of you right now. But I really hope that someday I will as well board one of those magnificent ships 

• Like 1

On 10/20/2020 at 10:33 AM, little britain said:

Portsmouth in England welcomed its first international cruise ship today: 19 people boarded Sea Dream I for a transatlantic crossing to Barbados.

Wondered how they are getting around the FCO ban on Brits cruising 🤷‍♀️

Why call it a ban?. The UK FCO ( government department) has not issued a ban. It is advice/guidance. Calling it a ban is just plain wrong.

25 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Why call it a ban?. The UK FCO ( government department) has not issued a ban. It is advice/guidance. Calling it a ban is just plain wrong.

Think the problem is that when govt issues this type of guidance the travel insurance companies won't cover you for that type of holiday or destination. Many (including myself) won't travel without Insurance 

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

Think the problem is that when govt issues this type of guidance the travel insurance companies won't cover you for that type of holiday or destination. Many (including myself) won't travel without Insurance 

Ok, but it is not a ban and many people don't have travel insurance. Self insurance is always an option.