TUI announces cancellation of restart date

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

That doesn't bode well for the MS2 sailings from the Canaries. 

Wow,  I haven´t seen any positive comment from you on this thread for a while.

Actually MS2 is starting the first cruise today. So far the ship is still in port.

Meanwhile Costa announced that they do halt the Costa Deliziosa til Dec 26th. The Costa Deliziosa had Greek ports on her itinerary which aren´t possible to go right now.

TUI Cruises is allowed to end the current cruise on Sunday and start another one but without port stops. Then Nov 14th they have to pause for at least three weeks (so for three weeks the cruises are already cancelled).

steamboats

I am very impressed with the various cruise lines such as msc and tui.  This shows their health protocols are working.  No covid outbreaks even with major spikes happening throughout europe for several weeks.

Looks like some or all of them will be paused again due to port closures and lockdowns in some countries.  

It is good if they pause so they dont have any issues.     Noone wants or needs bad media for cruise ships.

8 hours ago, steamboats said:

Wow,  I haven´t seen any positive comment from you on this thread for a while.

Actually MS2 is starting the first cruise today. So far the ship is still in port.

Meanwhile Costa announced that they do halt the Costa Deliziosa til Dec 26th. The Costa Deliziosa had Greek ports on her itinerary which aren´t possible to go right now.

TUI Cruises is allowed to end the current cruise on Sunday and start another one but without port stops. Then Nov 14th they have to pause for at least three weeks (so for three weeks the cruises are already cancelled).

steamboats

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post all your excellent up to date information.

It really is very good of you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, little britain said:

5 positive tests on the Seadream.   She sailed from the UK a few weeks ago so I’m guessing the infected people must have boarded in Barbados? 

The 5 are one group. A sixth person was tested postive (not of that group) and is waiting for the results of a second test.

All other passengers and crew have been tested negative (which doesn´t mean much as they can already have caught it).

The group boarded in Barbados and was tested prior to the flights and in port. Both tests were negative. The first person has developped symptoms onboard and then was tested again.

steamboats

5 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Sounds like going back to "warm layup".

Crazy thing... they just sent out the news for a new 35 day cruise to the Caribbean today starting Dec 10th til Jan 14th on Mein Schiff 1. The cruise will be out of Germany crossing the Atlantic then 9 days in the Caribbean (they are talking about beach vacation on a private island - so Coco Cay) and after than back to Germany.

steamboats

7 minutes ago, steamboats said:

News from SeaDream I - passenger 6 is confirmed and also his other half has been tested positive. So it´s up to 7 now.

Seems like all other passengers are free to disembark tomorrow and fly back home.

steamboats

Wow - wouldn’t want to get on an airplane with them since they could be incubating the virus and not tested positive yet.  I wonder if the infected were the ones I saw in a video having a beach champagne and caviar party on the beach with no masks or social distancing. 

• Like 1

BTW I´ve been on Mein Schiff 6 3 weeks ago. Here´s my full review (text in German but Google translate usually works pretty well - and there are a lot of photos as well).

Tomorrow ends the so far last cruise of Mein Schiff 6 - this one was without any port stops anymore. Depending on the Covid-19 situation TUI Cruises wants to continue in December. We have to wait and see.

steamboats

15 hours ago, Biker19 said:

I thought she's going to Dubai?

Yes, this was the original planning... But mid October they announced that they´ve added cruises out of Iraklion in December. They wanted to change from Sunday to Saturday as embarkation day and from Corfu to Rhodes.

Currently you can´t book Mein Schiff 6 anymore (not even for December).

steamboats

On 11/15/2020 at 12:11 PM, steamboats said:

Currently you can´t book Mein Schiff 6 anymore (not even for December).

Not sure where she's going long term but she's taken off for Gibraltar - seems hanging out in Eastern Med with MS 3 and 5 is not good enough.

On 11/7/2020 at 2:38 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

I am very impressed with the various cruise lines such as msc and tui.  This shows their health protocols are working.  No covid outbreaks even with major spikes happening throughout europe for several weeks.

Looks like some or all of them will be paused again due to port closures and lockdowns in some countries.  

It is good if they pause so they dont have any issues.     Noone wants or needs bad media for cruise ships.

I believe the softly, softly approach is the way cruising will progress. Good fortune to MSC, Costa and TUI. Please don't blow it.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, they´ve added those two 3-week cruises of the Mein Schiff 6 recently. Looks like they don´t sell well as they started out with 2,999 and lowered the price to 2,499 Euro.

So tomorrow the MS Europa 2 starts out of the Canary islands (Hapag-Lloyd is owned by TUI Cruises and RCG holds 50% of TUI Cruises). On December 5th AIDA restarts with AIDAperla out of the Canary islands.

steamboats

• Thanks 1