TUI announces cancellation of restart date

7 hours ago, sgmn said:

Mmmm haven't heard of any bubble with no cases in UK, unless you are in the channel Islands or Isle of Man. Cases going up even in South of England. All boroughs of London are on a watch list (first step before lockdown). 

I'm still going to gym and swimming pool, but limiting shopping and staying away from crowds. Occasionally eating out. All socially distancing measures and wearing of masks in shops and public transport. We've had two holidays, one in self catering cottage in Cornwall and a few days in the New Forest. Just being careful and taking sensible precautions 

Baliwick bubble.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, little britain said:

Baliwick bubble.

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-europe-guernsey-52996988

I think we went 125 days without a single new case!

Those arriving from certain areas of UK have to do 14 days quarantine on arrival here otherwise it’s a test on day 7. 
£10000 penalty for breaking quarantine.

Meanwhile, concerts, schools, air shows, weddings, funerals, pubs..... life continues as normal. And no 😷!!!!

• Like 2

I guess it was a matter of time:

A dozen crew members on the first cruise ship to dock in Greece after the coronavirus lockdown have tested positive for the virus.

The Maltese-flagged Mein Schiff 6, operated by the travel company Tui, is moored off the Aegean island of Milos with 922 passengers onboard, according to the Greek coastguard.

The positive results surfaced after tests on 150 of the 666-member crew, she said.

“They are assistant staff,” a coastguard spokeswoman said. “They have been isolated onboard, and we are awaiting instructions from the public health agency on where the ship is to sail.”

The ship had sailed from the Cretan port of Iraklio on Sunday evening and was heading to Piraeus near Athens. The passengers had a clean bill of health before the voyage, the spokeswoman said.

The Tui vessel was the first to return to Greek waters after lockdown measures were imposed in March, local operators said, docking at Iraklio in mid-September.

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I guess it was a matter of time:

Ugh... not saying that I am shocked. Just trying to decide if I should take leap of faith and try for a short Bahamas cruise early next summer. Sure won't replace my lost British Isles cruise, but at least I would be on a ship...

I'm watching the news of Europe cruising with MSC and Tui, hoping for good news to help me decide. At least if I book in the next two days, I'll still be under CWC.

Since it was a matter of time that it would happens now it will be important to see how the matter is being handled and if only the 12 Crew members have COVID or if it spead to more members of the crew / passengers.

Hence, not to worry as of yet and let's see how the outcome will be within next days as it will be a benchmark fo the industry on their scheduling for their first sailings.

• Like 3

Here´s a live thread from onboard MS6... and no, there´s no outbreak so far. The 12 were tested on a regular basis (total of 150 crew members were tested). Tests were processed in a Greek lab on land. Meanwhile all 12 were isolated and tested again. All 12 tests were negative. The ship is heading for Piraeus where it is supposed to arrive at 5:30 am tomorrow morning. There the Greek health authorities will perform another, third test. If that is proving the second test the ship will stay overnight and all sceduled tours will be moved to Wednesday.

So hopefully just a bunch of false positives...

steamboats

On 9/27/2020 at 9:28 AM, little britain said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-europe-guernsey-52996988

I think we went 125 days without a single new case!

Those arriving from certain areas of UK have to do 14 days quarantine on arrival here otherwise it’s a test on day 7. 
£10000 penalty for breaking quarantine.

Meanwhile, concerts, schools, air shows, weddings, funerals, pubs..... life continues as normal. And no 😷!!!!

We did look into Channel Islands for our Sept anniversary holiday, catching the ferry from Poole (should of been on Allure)  but had to go thru hassle of getting negative test or semi quarentine  so ended up in the New Forest instead. 

Nice part of the world to live

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1

On 9/26/2020 at 10:02 PM, sgmn said:

Mmmm haven't heard of any bubble with no cases in UK, unless you are in the channel Islands or Isle of Man. Cases going up even in South of England. All boroughs of London are on a watch list (first step before lockdown). 

I'm still going to gym and swimming pool, but limiting shopping and staying away from crowds. Occasionally eating out. All socially distancing measures and wearing of masks in shops and public transport. We've had two holidays, one in self catering cottage in Cornwall and a few days in the New Forest. Just being careful and taking sensible precautions 

Greetings from the Isle of Man!

Non-residents are currently not allowed onto the Island. Residents are allowed to leave and return but must isolate for 14 days on return (or take a test after 7 days and if negative you are allowed to leave again but not go to a place with public gatherings until after day 14).

Life is completly normal over here, no masks, but for someone like me who is used to going away reguarly I'm getting itchy feet!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

Non-residents are currently not allowed onto the Island. 

Can't say I blame your Manx government, looking at our rise in cases on the mainland. Must be difficult for those that have close family living on the mainland though 

1 hour ago, swoopy2110 said:

Non-residents are currently not allowed onto the Island. Residents are allowed to leave and return but must isolate for 14 days on return (or take a test after 7 days and if negative you are allowed to leave again but not go to a place with public gatherings until after day 14).

Life is completly normal over here, no masks, but for someone like me who is used to going away reguarly I'm getting itchy feet!

There’s always Aurigny !