TUI announces cancellation of restart date

On 7/31/2020 at 9:06 AM, steamboats said:

Here in Germany (especially in Bavaria) you can get a free test at all airports when you return since last week. They also build up test stations at two major train stations and yesterday they started at three major autobahns close to the border to Austria.

Can confirm that as we crossed the border to Germany on Thursday and returned to Austria yesterday (visiting family, wouldn't have travelled abroad otherwise). While Austria is doing well enough COVID-wise, I was very impressed how diligently people in Munich follow the rules like wearing a mask and keeping 1,5 meters (vs. 1 meter in Austria) distance 🙂

5 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Here's a wrinkle that I didn't see mentioned yet - all's well at the home port/country but the sailing gets denied by the flag state? Would Bahamas do that to RCI?

It sounds a bit weird and I didn´t even think that this might affect AIDA with cruises out of Germany. Actually the Italian government did extend the state of emergency but exempted the cruise ships now (the old order ended July 31st). But now the minister of health has do agree with the health protocols and give the permission. This was expeceted about two weeks ago but never ocurred. Now there´s a board of experts meeting on Aug 6th to discuss the plans of the cruise lines. I thought this was only for cruises out of Italy (as planned by MSC and Costa). I never came up with the idea that this might affect AIDA too just because they are Italian flagged (Costa is Italian flagged, MSC Malta and Panama).

steamboats

Norwegian ports just closed to cruise ships carrying more than 100+ passengers.  Not sure if this will affect Mein Schiff ships.  MS1 is scheduled to leave today from Kiel to Oslo.  Since Oslo is a technical stop only, will they continue as planned? 

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

Norwegian ports just closed to cruise ships carrying more than 100+ passengers.  Not sure if this will affect Mein Schiff ships.  MS1 is scheduled to leave today from Kiel to Oslo.  Since Oslo is a technical stop only, will they continue as planned? 

The technical stops and cruising into fjords without stops should not be affected.

1 hour ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Yes I know that that I thought it would be good if MSC posts were posted on MSC message boards not on Royal 

Perhaps people would be interested to know what other lines were planning to do as they look to take to the water ahead of RCI?
The only ship shore excursions requirement had not been spoken about here that I had seen.

I personally would not go to a thread for a line that I don’t sail with, purely to look for what may be happening in their neck of the woods. And I doubt many others would either. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, little britain said:

Perhaps people would be interested to know what other lines were planning to do as they look to take to the water ahead of RCI?
The only ship shore excursions requirement had not been spoken about here that I had seen.

I personally would not go to a thread for a line that I don’t sail with, purely to look for what may be happening in their neck of the woods. And I doubt many others would either. 

Really 

My last cruise and next cruise are with Hapag Lloyd which is a joint ownership with TUI and RCI. There is no board for them either.  Even thought many people have asked and keep asking.

meanwhile Paul Gauguin has its own board for ONE small old ship. They still haven’t folded it into Ponant.

You would think that this would be a nice opportunity to clean up the forums and improve the categories.

11 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Yes I know that that I thought it would be good if MSC posts were posted on MSC message boards not on Royal 

Folks posting about non-RCI ships/lines in RCI threads has been going on even before this COVID19 era, it just has gotten worse with the weekly "Should RCI follow xxxxx line" threads.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Folks posting about non-RCI ships/lines in RCI threads has been going on even before this COVID19 era, it just has gotten worse with the weekly "Should RCI follow xxxxx line" threads.

Yes it was certainly going on now as you correctly state it has got worse with numerous entries on many threads.

I just didn’t think we needed chapter and verse postings from other cruise lines.

16 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Mein Schiff 1 left as scheduled. Mein Schiff 2 left Hamburg yesterday for the last short cruise. Starting Friday are 7 nighters on Mein Schiff 2. Those were planned without shore stops. Hapag-Lloyd did plan for shore stops. They are affected. TUI Cruises is not affected so far.

steamboats

Today, Italian Prime Minister Conte said he believes that "now the time has come not to think about new restrictions, but to support an effective restart."

The premier said the cruise ship industry "must start travelling again, because tourism is fundamental to our economy," however he believes that reopening discos is "too dangerous."

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

AIDA has cancelled cruises out of Italy awaiting approval of Italian government.

I posted that on the last page - even Aida sailings from Germany have been delayed by this lack of approval by the Italian gov't.

22 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I posted that on the last page - even Aida sailings from Germany have been delayed by this lack of approval by the Italian gov't.

Sorry -- didn't see it on this thread's last page -- maybe it's on another thread?  Looks like Sea Dream and Viking Star are having to pause operations in Europe as well. 

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Both Mein Schiff 1 & 2 seem to be on schedule with the Oslo port of call today - doesn't look like a nice weather day, though no one is going on shore anyway.

image.png.e0196f3b011cc4b0b475bc8cfcd4e923.png

Yes, I just watched them live sailing by each other and blowing their horns multiple times in the very wet and windy weather. Both docked as scheduled. Yesterday was warm and sunny.