Regent cancelled through October 31, 2020

17 hours ago, mrlevin said:

NCLH is being run as one 28 ship cruise line.  No thought is being made as to the individual attributes of the three cruislines nor of the 28 ships.  Why cancel the full South America (partial) circumnavigation  without cancelling the future segments?  Regent should immediately (or at least in the near future) state what is happening to the South America and World Cruise on Mariner.  This month by month makes sense financially but does not make sense to the educated consumers of regent.  We are used to extended cruises not one week eastern and one week western Caribbean.  

Just my two Texas centavos,

Marc

We are booked on the '21 WC...and noticed in recent RSSC webinars that this voyage was not even mentioned when noting 'where the ships were going' in '21 and '22.  WC 22 was mentioned...but not '21.   GRRRR

47 minutes ago, Kwaj girl said:

We are booked on the '21 WC...and noticed in recent RSSC webinars that this voyage was not even mentioned when noting 'where the ships were going' in '21 and '22.  WC 22 was mentioned...but not '21.   GRRRR

I noticed that too. Are your traveling companions getting as depressed ours are?  
Carolyn (2018 WC)

Just heard from a friend that his holiday (December) cruise on Crystal was just cancelled.  He indicated they cancelled all cruises in December. Please do not have a melt down that I mentioned another cruise line.  It looks like they are being pro active. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, howiefrommd said:

Just heard from a friend that his holiday (December) cruise on Crystal was just cancelled.  He indicated they cancelled all cruises in December. Please do not have a melt down that I mentioned another cruise line.  It looks like they are being pro active. 

That is good information - thank you for letting us know!

On 7/30/2020 at 4:58 PM, Travelcat2 said:

Do you have any bookings for next year?

Yes, we are hoping that we will be able to sail on the Regent cruises that we have booked in 2021:

Spring: Explorer

Summer: Navigator

Autumn: Mariner

2020 seems to have become a cruise sabbatical ☹️

23 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

Glass half full: There is still 6 months until embarkation for things to turn more positive

Glass half empty: A world cruise will need a lot of agreements with numerous countries & ports; most of whom have their own issues with the pandemic, including second waves.

PS: My husband is an engineer so he just thinks the glass is too big 🤣

Edited by flossie009
  • Like 2

On 7/31/2020 at 7:55 PM, flossie009 said:

PS: My husband is an engineer so he just thinks the glass is too big 🤣

I couldn’t agree more. It’s as if this thing should be put into the too difficult to deal with pile. I’m sure that it isn’t really. However, the recent resurgences throughout Europe aren’t the best news.

10 hours ago, howiefrommd said:

Just saw that Viking cancelled all of their cruises for the rest of 2020.  How thoughtful of them to update their customers.  Holland has cancelled until mid December.  

Viking also attached an excellent video with their owner explaining their decision. It is very well done. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, howiefrommd said:

The thing that I find truly baffling, that people are still giving final payments and in some cases deposits.  The only thing I have to show for all this is a bunch of FCCs, which may have no value if things go bad.  

Really in some cases goes well beyond baffling

• Like 1

You have got to remain positive that cruises will restart. Our FCC's are from a cancelled Pacific cruise + Manchu Picchu which we have moved to 2021 South America and if necessary to the Pacific start of 2022 WC. We also have a European deposit on a Splendour cruise in and out of Southampton- near to us so no flights for May 21. At present with low interest rates the 125%FCC is a good deal, we want to do this trips as early 60's and retired, if Regent does go under the World will be in a mess, so much more likely that the mega ships of the basic lines are more at risk, as are most airlines!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GrJ Berkshire said:

Sorry auto-correct has put Manchu Picchu not MACHU PICCHU

FYI, you have approx 20 minutes to edit your post for things like this.  Simply go to your post and click the edit button to the right of the quote button and edit your post as you choose.  Quick and easy.

10 minutes ago, GrJ Berkshire said:

You have got to remain positive that cruises will restart. Our FCC's are from a cancelled Pacific cruise + Manchu Picchu which we have moved to 2021 South America and if necessary to the Pacific start of 2022 WC. We also have a European deposit on a Splendour cruise in and out of Southampton- near to us so no flights for May 21. At present with low interest rates the 125%FCC is a good deal, we want to do this trips as early 60's and retired, if Regent does go under the World will be in a mess, so much more likely that the mega ships of the basic lines are more at risk, as are most airlines!!

Obviously we are in uncharted waters.  Positivity is good, but one must be cautious.  After 9/11, Renaissance cruise declared a liquidation bankruptcy.  We were lucky to have insurance that covered the bankruptcy.  Unfortunately, the insurance I have (Allianz) nor my credit card covers a loss from FCC.

Airlines are in big trouble, and cruise lines need planes to get their customers to their ships.  From what you read in the business pages, airlines will be a fraction of what they are today. I would imagine, Regent would have to end up with charter flights (similar to what Crystal did a few years ago). 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GrJ Berkshire said:

You have got to remain positive that cruises will restart. 

Yes.

None of us know when it will be, but it will probably be a different onboard experience - - initially and perhaps longer term as well.  Capacity (guests onboard, and even number of ships sailing) will likely be less.

But, I am hopeful and optimistic that cruising will return.  

3 minutes ago, RJ2002 said:

Yes.

None of us know when it will be, but it will probably be a different onboard experience - - initially and perhaps longer term as well.  Capacity (guests onboard, and even number of ships sailing) will likely be less.

But, I am hopeful and optimistic that cruising will return.  

I enjoy cruising and certainly hope it returns.  My original post dealt with the fact that it was baffling to me that someone would make a final payment or deposit at this time.  As an example, people will have to make final payment on October, November and December cruises soon. Crystal, Viking and Holland America are to be commended that they announced cancelations through the end of the year.  I am no economist nor expert on the travel industry, but my gut tells me those cruises (October, November and December) are not going to happen.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, howiefrommd said:

I enjoy cruising and certainly hope it returns.  My original post dealt with the fact that it was baffling to me that someone would make a final payment or deposit at this time.  As an example, people will have to make final payment on October, November and December cruises soon. Crystal, Viking and Holland America are to be commended that they announced cancelations through the end of the year.  I am no economist nor expert on the travel industry, but my gut tells me those cruises (October, November and December) are not going to happen.

I hear you.  As I've mentioned on other posts, the final payment on our November 2020 Explorer cruise (Dubai-Singapore) was due recently.  Just didn't see any point in making the final payment, only to have the cruise ultimately cancelled and then have to wait for the refund (we would not have taken an FCC).  So, we slid that deposit over to a totally different Explorer itinerary in December 2021.