Fake, Made Up and Completely Impossible Virtual Cruise Trip Report

ISP is one the best whale watching destinations on popular cruise itineraries but unlike the excursions offered here, sometimes on sail away the whales are far off in the distance.  The telltale water spouts give them away.

RDAK-432.jpg

Then again, sometimes they pop up a lot closer to the ship.

RDAK-429.jpg

RDAK-430.jpg

RDAK-431.jpg

Sometimes you just need to put the camera down and enjoy moments like these in the moment.

• Like 8

Time for bed.  I'm super excited to see what the Royal Transporter crew have in store for me.  Until then, there's a starry night to be had from the helipad including the constellation found on the Alaska state flag.

RDAK-434.jpg

• Like 2

Random cruise moment.   

Going through my pictures and videos last night I found this video from 2018 and thought I'd share it with you.  It brought back fond memories and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Now back to our regularly scheduled show.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, twangster said:

Random cruise moment.   

Going through my pictures and videos last night I found this video from 2018 and thought I'd share it with you.  It brought back fond memories and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Now back to our regularly scheduled show.

After watching Samantha Brown on the Liberty of the Seas on the Travel Channel we had to book our 1st RCL cruise on her. My favorite cruise.

Edited by Lorey2007

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Random cruise moment.   

That made me smile just like when it happens in real life.

Thank you Twangster for this much needed cruise review.  This morning I just booked two "fake" cruises - one out of Galveston because it's my closest port and one that went to Perfect Day at Coco Cay because my new hubbie hasn't been there yet. It was on our 2020 summer/autumn cruise list. Sigh.

Our last cruise was Alaska on the Celebrity Millie, June 2019. Man, had I known then what I know now I would have did a B2B, traveled to Denali and stayed an extra couple of weeks. We loved our Alaska cruise. I just received my photo book from our trip in the mail. I finally had the "time" to create one. Now I'm working on my Hawaii photo book. When it's all said and done, I might eventually get thru those 20 or so photo books I never had the time to create. LOL!!

Thanks again for this review. It's bringing back great memories. 

Since I'm in a zip lining mood now would be a good time to visit Royal's original private destination Labadee.  

Luckily there's a ship heading there now and the Royal Transporter team found me the perfect cabin.  If you ever get the chance, you've got to try a Loft Suite, there's few cabins like them at sea.  

Oasis-2.jpg

Oasis-3.jpg

Oasis-4.jpg

Oasis-5.jpg

Oasis-7.jpg

Allure-6.jpg

Oasis-26.jpg

Edited by twangster
  • Like 3

Twangster, I shudder to think of all the luggage you must have had to bring.  Are they transported with you from ship to ship?  Your stateroom attendants deserve extra tips since they must be unpacking and packing for you constantly.  Fantastic voyage!  I hope you visit Paradise Point at St Thomas - I need a Bushwhacker bad!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

How do the ISP and Labadee ziplines compare?  It looks like the ISP zipline is both longer and faster.

The overwater aspect of Labadee's zip line is pretty cool but ISP's zip line is longer and more comfortable.  Both have great views (absent of low cloud cover).   No training run for ISP - sit in the sling and away you go.  Labadee involved a small training zipline before the main show.  I don't regret either.

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

@twangster if the teleporter is still working, you should stop by the 'real' Cocoa Beach Club. 😎

I could use a good review😉

Meet too!  I had it booked during the Odyssey inaugural but even the mighty Royal Transporter can work around that snag, yet.  

• Like 3

On 8/18/2020 at 3:08 AM, twangster said:

ISP is one the best whale watching destinations on popular cruise itineraries but unlike the excursions offered here, sometimes on sail away the whales are far off in the distance.  The telltale water spouts give them away.

RDAK-432.jpg

Then again, sometimes they pop up a lot closer to the ship.

RDAK-429.jpg

RDAK-430.jpg

RDAK-431.jpg

Sometimes you just need to put the camera down and enjoy moments like these in the moment.

What month was it in alaska?

21 hours ago, twangster said:

Since I'm in a zip lining mood now would be a good time to visit Royal's original private destination Labadee.  

Luckily there's a ship heading there now and the Royal Transporter team found me the perfect cabin.  If you ever get the chance, you've got to try a Loft Suite, there's few cabins like them at sea.  

Get your transporter to move some cash into my bank account and I'll try a loft suite.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I usually like to do check out the nature walks.  I see they added hand washing stations like on CocoCay.

oa_lab-7.jpg

oa_lab-8.jpg

oa_lab-9.jpg

This is where I get the best pictures of the ship du jour.

oa_lab-10.jpg

Continuing on...

oa_lab-11.jpg

oa_lab-5.jpg

Looks like they are setup for a ceremony today.

oa_lab-6.jpg

• Like 1

I'm on one of my favorite ships! It's Ovation of the Seas and I'm in Hawaii!

1910OV-102.jpg

I did get some rather strange looks from fellow guests when I asked where we were.   We're sailing past Hawaii's Nā Pali coast and I arrived just in time.

• Like 1