Deployment 2022-23 booking season begins

17 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Color me unhappy....I just got off the phone with RCCL and tried to use cruise 2 FCC's to book both the 7/14 and 7/22/22 cruises, and was told I could not, as they had to be used by 4/30/22.   They would be more than happy to book the cruises, if I wanted to give them $450 deposit for each cruise.  Thanks,  but no.  They are already sitting on over $5K of my money.  😡

I'm not guaranteeing success, but if I were in your shoes, I would book a couple of cruises which sail prior to the 4/30/22 deadline and book a nonrefundable fare to get the FCC's applied.  That would be step 1.  At a later time, after all was confirmed and FCC's shown on your invoices, I would call back to request changing ship and sailing date to what you want. 

• Like 1

Serenade of the Seas has been booked for sailings from Miami for the winter season 2022 - 23 and will replace Jewel of the Seas. 

That would allow Jewel of the Seas to return to Dubai for the winter 2022-23 among other options. 

Grandeur of the Seas has been booked for a few sailings out of New Orleans from May to November 2021, but they still have Majesty as a place holder going forward into 2023. While unlikely these sailings will happen, it is interesting to see Grandeur still in the mix. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MADflyer said:

Serenade of the Seas has been booked for sailings from Miami for the winter season 2022 - 23 and will replace Jewel of the Seas. 

That would allow Jewel of the Seas to return to Dubai for the winter 2022-23 among other options. 

Grandeur of the Seas has been booked for a few sailings out of New Orleans from May to November 2021, but they still have Majesty as a place holder going forward into 2023. While unlikely these sailings will happen, it is interesting to see Grandeur still in the mix. 

Thanks for info. Sounds like Good News to me, now just got to get Royal to release the dates!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MADflyer said:

Isn’t radiance supposed to be in the Caribbean at that time also?

That would leave Australia short a ship.

8 hours ago, MADflyer said:

Come on, Dubai!  We were on Jewel's last "sailing" March 9 (departed and turned right back around), and I'm dying to go back and finally hit Sir Bani Yas, Oman, and more!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Isn’t radiance supposed to be in the Caribbean at that time also?

That would leave Australia short a ship.

Astoria Oregon port schedules show both Radiance and Serenade moving coastal following the Alaska sailings. Radiance bookings are limited in the Caribbean for 22-23 and it is hard to figure out. Serenade was booked almost a year ago to at Grand Cayman for the move to Miami and now confirmed with Astoria and Miami/Key West / Haiti booking. 

Just now, woodscruise said:

Chiliurn, isn't this when supposedly Freedom of the Seas or Wonder of the Seas comes to AU?

I don’t know,just trying to get some leads.

From what I can work out Quantum is booked in Brisbane and probably ovation will be in Sydney. 
‘Sydney is a strong market so you would expect a second ship ?

4 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I don’t know,just trying to get some leads.

From what I can work out Quantum is booked in Brisbane and probably ovation will be in Sydney. 
‘Sydney is a strong market so you would expect a second ship ?

I remember them saying, there's no room for expansion in Sydney, hence why Quantum is going to Brisbane instead. I've never heard any rumours of a Freedom class going to AU, ever.

3 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

I remember them saying, there's no room for expansion in Sydney, hence why Quantum is going to Brisbane instead. I've never heard any rumours of a Freedom class going to AU, ever.

No I haven’t heard any rumours of a freedom class coming to Australia but there was of freedom rumour on west coast USA.

Sydney is a strong market and some states are planning at throwing money at advertising as a safe destination in terms of health and security.

Voyeger ,Radiance and Serenade will be leaving the pacific. We have wonder but there needs another ship.

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

No I haven’t heard any rumours of a freedom class coming to Australia but there was of freedom rumour on west coast USA.

Sydney is a strong market and some states are planning at throwing money at advertising as a safe destination in terms of health and security.

Voyeger ,Radiance and Serenade will be leaving the pacific. We have wonder but there needs another ship.

Careful. Don't count your eggs before they hatch. There's no solid proof that Wonder will be going to Australia still.

1 hour ago, Ethanol95 said:

Careful. Don't count your eggs before they hatch. There's no solid proof that Wonder will be going to Australia still.

I’m just talking about the Asia Pacific in general , I don’t think we will see wonder in Australia for a couple years yet.

2022-2023 quantum,ovation,spectrum and wonder .

there must be another ship for the pacific.

5 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

there must be another ship for the pacific.

Royal always placed their ships where they make the most money.  Prior to the pandemic that was easier for them to do with past sales trends and historical data.  Now they have to look at it with fresh eyes.  

Don't assume more ships are going anywhere based on the past.   It's a whole new game board and they will put their ships where there is less revenue at risk and more opportunity for success.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

My guess would be the new Wonder of the Seas going to Oz, splitting time between there & China.

A thing that I think will influence RC is the tension in the South China Sea .

Western companies maybe boycotted by the Chinese  and there’s advice for westerners not to go there.

China could be a unstable market and you could be right.

But maybe Singapore and sydney ?  Singapore will still have a good relationship with China as the Chinese have to get a exit visa.

Singapore is a safe destination for westerners.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, twangster said:

Royal always placed their ships where they make the most money.  Prior to the pandemic that was easier for them to do with past sales trends and historical data.  Now they have to look at it with fresh eyes.  

Don't assume more ships are going anywhere based on the past.   It's a whole new game board and they will put their ships where there is less revenue at risk and more opportunity for success.  

Sydney is a strong market,it was stated it is one of RC’s best money makers.

So you are on the ball .

I’m trying to come to a conclusion if a Oasis class can dock at Sydney’s 
OPT

Im told by people who work there it can and the gangways where replaced a couple of years ago to accommodate a Oasis class.

Here’s a screen shot from Sydney port authority. The birth box is 375 by 50 meters. ,What’s your thoughts?

https://www.portauthoritynsw.com.au/media/4795/berths-and-channels-final-v640-24-december-2020.pdf

7D11E389-1E1E-41BB-A9B7-F55D4F8B8FDE.thumb.png.cc778e18f7d7860df6b6f526ed81120f.png

Edited by Chiliburn

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

So you are on the ball .

OPT

Im told by people who work there it can and the gangways where replaced a couple of years ago to accommodate a Oasis class.

Here’s a screen shot from Sydney port authority. The birth box is 375 by 50 meters. ,What’s your thoughts?

https://www.portauthoritynsw.com.au/media/4795/berths-and-channels-final-v640-24-december-2020.pdf

7D11E389-1E1E-41BB-A9B7-F55D4F8B8FDE.thumb.png.cc778e18f7d7860df6b6f526ed81120f.png

I though the ferry folks objected claiming the extra width would hinder ferry operations.  However I don't know that was factual or not.  I tried to imagine O class at OPT when I was there in February but I'm not nautical enough to know one way or the other.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

So you are on the ball .

OPT

The channel surrounding OPT is already so busy, I can't imagine them moving such a large ship in between tiny ferries. Maybe it's doable. I don't know.

2 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

The channel surrounding OPT is already so busy, I can't imagine them moving such a large ship in between tiny ferries. Maybe it's doable. I don't know.

A extra 6 meters at the water line protruding from OPT and most of the ferry movements are on the eastern side of circular quay.

I think a ferry skipper could deal with it.

There’s 7 meters from the buffers on the dock to the the new double extendable gangway.That’s more than enough for a Oasis class.

9 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

A extra 6 meters at the water line protruding from OPT and most of the ferry movements are on the eastern side of circular quay.

I think a ferry skipper could deal with it.

There’s 7 meters from the buffers on the dock to the the new double extendable gangway.That’s more than enough for a Oasis class.

True, but they are supposed to maintain a 60m buffer.  Sometimes they even hang a banner on the ship saying keep 60m away.   Unsure how that impacts ferries versus other vessel traffic.

5 hours ago, twangster said:

True, but they are supposed to maintain a 60m buffer.  Sometimes they even hang a banner on the ship saying keep 60m away.   Unsure how that impacts ferries versus other vessel traffic.

Checking sydney port Authority it is 60 meters but ferry’s are exempt of the rule.

AF79AB60-4B06-4183-A3FF-65F04F6982FC.thumb.png.a2d622653e923b8724c213ca05de626f.png

13 minutes ago, twangster said:

Didn't realize only Sydney ferries use that area.

There’s a couple of private companies such as Captain Cook Cruises and water taxis.But I’m sure they would probably come under the exemption.

Here a screenshot of the birth and how close the ferries come.

C5C436C5-D42C-40C8-A4D2-31F8CA467E61.thumb.png.637c3be79f15327a638f852e06842f59.png224170F0-68FC-4C2D-95F9-270C98FEBCD1.thumb.png.dd8b2effa32ad3e44c3e75c2233dfac0.png