Deployment 2022-23 booking season begins

18 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Very easy to change from a refundable to NRD.  Sometimes by the time you confirm everything and go to switch your refundable is actually cheaper than the NRD. 

So that's what they do - reprice at the current NRD rate?  I was hoping they just removed the extra amount that had been included to make the reservation refundable.  I've added refundability to most cruises booked this year, but some of the new releases are showing a price increase of $900 or more for refundability, which I'm less inclined to include. 

4 minutes ago, MindyJohn said:

So that's what they do - reprice at the current NRD rate?  I was hoping they just removed the extra amount that had been included to make the reservation refundable.  I've added refundability to most cruises booked this year, but some of the new releases are showing a price increase of $900 or more for refundability, which I'm less inclined to include. 

Yes, any changes are always made at the current rates.  The way they show the added cost for a NRD is just to make it easy fir the customer to understand but it is an actual rate..they just have subtracted the two numbers. 

22 minutes ago, toad455 said:

Wondering if they'll keep the Anthem out of Bayonne for the Fall 2022 - Winter 2023 season? Wouldn't mind the Spectrum or Odyssey coming to Bayonne instead.

I don’t think you’ll see Odyssey in NJ (in the winter months at least) with her entirely open pool deck when you have 3 of the original Q Class ships built for the cold weather. Odyssey wouldn’t be great for those snowy January and February days. 

Then again, they had Explorer there for years.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes, any changes are always made at the current rates.  The way they show the added cost for a NRD is just to make it easy fir the customer to understand but it is an actual rate..they just have subtracted the two numbers. 

Then my concern is that my (possibly booked) July 2022 rate could go way up. Any way to check online the difference right now or do I have to call ?

9 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Then my concern is that my (possibly booked) July 2022 rate could go way up. Any way to check online the difference right now or do I have to call ?

You would have to go all the way through a fake booking to check for refundable prices then compare that to NRD

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ashland said:

The difference between a fully refundable and a non-refundable is around $500 per stateroom.

That's for the Jewel 26 Jul 2022 sailing.    🍷

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

The difference between a fully refundable and a non-refundable is around $500 per stateroom.

That's for the Jewel 26 Jul 2022 sailing.    🍷

Thanks already booked that one..I'll check the July 14, 2022 I'm considering.

Color me unhappy....I just got off the phone with RCCL and tried to use cruise 2 FCC's to book both the 7/14 and 7/22/22 cruises, and was told I could not, as they had to be used by 4/30/22.   They would be more than happy to book the cruises, if I wanted to give them $450 deposit for each cruise.  Thanks,  but no.  They are already sitting on over $5K of my money.  😡

12 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You would have to go all the way through a fake booking to check for refundable prices then compare that to NRD

Hello,

I've only been cruising with RCI since 2006 and have never been offered a refundable deposit whether booking direct or via a TA.

Regards,

Cublet

19 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I've only been cruising with RCI since 2006 and have never been offered a refundable deposit whether booking direct or via a TA.

Regards,

Cublet

You won't, there's no such thing in the UK or pretty much anywhere else except North America. 

7 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Color me unhappy....I just got off the phone with RCCL and tried to use cruise 2 FCC's to book both the 7/14 and 7/22/22 cruises, and was told I could not, as they had to be used by 4/30/22.   They would be more than happy to book the cruises, if I wanted to give them $450 deposit for each cruise.  Thanks,  but no.  They are already sitting on over $5K of my money.  😡

That's why I ask for refunds.  Puts me in control...not them.  

2 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Regards,

Cublet

Maybe due to being from UK?  Not sure.  

Edited by island lady

49 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Book through a North American travel agent. 

Hello,

I did try that but once my C&A number was input the RCI computer said "There is no price applicable for this location" and stopped.

Regards,

Cublet

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Keep trying.  Many others that reside in the UK have booked with North American travel agents. 

Agreed, but they should be aware you still have to ask for the price for a refundable deposit booking these days.

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Any reputable TA should be providing both prices. 

Agreed, but I'm sure you'll agree that almost all, if not all of the big North American online agencies headline advertised prices are with NRDs. Those agencies are the most likely places for a person booking from other parts of the world to end up booking with. Providing both prices isn't the same as clearly advertising both prices, hence my posted comment.

15 minutes ago, harz99 said:

Agreed, but I'm sure you'll agree that almost all, if not all of the big North American online agencies headline advertised prices are with NRDs. Those agencies are the most likely places for a person booking from other parts of the world to end up booking with. Providing both prices isn't the same as clearly advertising both prices, hence my posted comment.

Agreed.  I was thinking more in terms that they were having one on one conversations (e mails) with an agent as opposed to looking at on line pricing

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Refundable deposit fare is also available in Asia Pacific market.

Yes also in Australia

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Not in Australia,used to be able to get it directly on RC website but I haven’t seen it for a couple of years.

You can definitely get a refundable booking through the RCI website - you just tick the box for refundable on one of the last screens (adds $$ to fare).  

I usually only book refundable fares, and this has always been available.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1