Deployment 2022-23 booking season begins

7 hours ago, boogybaby said:

Thanks, I’m wanting to lift and shift my Antham transatlantic  April 2021 to 2022, I wonder why it wasn’t released with the other transatlantics?

Again I can't say for sure, but I wondered if it might be because it's likely to include a stop in Canada like the 2021 one was going to do. The 2022 Canada itineraries have not been released yet, so I thought it might perhaps come out along with them.

I am keeping an eye out for it too as we were planning on booking the 2021 one, which I think is more than likely not going to happen. 😞

• Like 1

You all do realize that you can follow pricing up until final payment to ask for price drop right?  

I never really pay much attention to the price at booking...I know it will always change.  Have called for many price drop credits over the years.  Getting the cabin location I want is the reason I book early.

Still anxiously waiting for bookings to open for fall westbound TAs for 2022.  No idea when they will come out.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Alaska did too, I was too late. Need to be on my toes next time.

Which Alaska cruise? The one I booked showed the exact same price I paid on the first day it was available. Maybe I picked a less popular time (July). One day when we are both retired, we will get to enjoy May and September cruises, as well as transatlantic and repo cruises!

26 minutes ago, island lady said:

You all do realize that you can follow pricing up until final payment to ask for price drop right?  

I never really pay much attention to the price at booking...

Not necessarily, price drops depends where in the world you live and book from, and the conditions applying when you booked.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

Which Alaska cruise? The one I booked showed the exact same price I paid on the first day it was available. Maybe I picked a less popular time (July). One day when we are both retired, we will get to enjoy May and September cruises, as well as transatlantic and repo cruises!

A solo cabin on quantum. Like 600ish plus taxes about 1k total, went back and solo cabin price was above inside prices. First day they came out solo cabins were a bargain. I was thinking did I really want a solo cabin .... 2022 I hope things are back to normal and I can hang out on pool deck but took too long to think about it.

Maybe I'll look at solo cabins for 2023. They came out way cheaper than insides. ..but I've seen dates cheaper on princess and others in the past. Maybe a pent up demand because this summer alaska could get cancelled. 

I'm just kinda ready to look around at something more exotic than going out of Galveston,  though I've done alaska before and loved it. Artic circle sounds interesting but more complicated flights. Maybe a TA, just wanted to look at next ones when they came out. Hope covid is in the rearview mirror. Tired of being so careful. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, harz99 said:

Not necessarily, price drops depends where in the world you live and book from, and the conditions applying when you booked.

OK..sorry.  Let me rephrase that.  

For all of us living in the U.S. .....  my last quote applies.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

A solo cabin on quantum. Like 600ish plus taxes about 1k total, went back and solo cabin price was above inside prices. First day they came out solo cabins were a bargain. I was thinking did I really want a solo cabin .... 2022 I hope things are back to normal and I can hang out on pool deck but took too long to think about it.

Maybe I'll look at solo cabins for 2023. They came out way cheaper than insides. ..but I've seen dates cheaper on princess and others in the past. Maybe a pent up demand because this summer alaska could get cancelled. 

I'm just kinda ready to look around at something more exotic than going out of Galveston,  though I've done alaska before and loved it. Artic circle sounds interesting but more complicated flights. Maybe a TA, just wanted to look at next ones when they came out. Hope covid is in the rearview mirror. Tired of being so careful. 

Oh, bummer! I just double checked, because we have a couple more cabins to book and are waiting for a final commitment from some friends. Thankfully, the cabin for 2 we want to book is the same price. The inside cabin for 3 went up $25. Not too much difference thankfully.

I get it. We are so ready to get past Covid here too. I don't feel comfortable cruising summer 2021, so we are planning to explore our great state of Michigan, especially the upper peninsula. It's beautiful, and we haven't spent much time there in the last 20 years.

1 minute ago, erinsmom03 said:

Oh, bummer! I just double checked, because we have a couple more cabins to book and are waiting for a final commitment from some friends. Thankfully, the cabin for 2 we want to book is the same price. The inside cabin for 3 went up $25. Not too much difference thankfully.

I get it. We are so ready to get past Covid here too. I don't feel comfortable cruising summer 2021, so we are planning to explore our great state of Michigan, especially the upper peninsula. It's beautiful, and we haven't spent much time there in the last 20 years.

Ahh...miss those summer days wandering around "yupper land".   Mmmm...pasties!  😋

2 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

I went to BGSU in ohio, 20 miles south of Michigan. We used to ski in trevor city, would be interesting to see in the summer. My cousin goes to a cabin around there to bird watch. 

Well if anyone sees some bargain rate, post it. I'm kinda looking around waiting for inspiration. 

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Ahh...miss those summer days wandering around "yupper land".   Mmmm...pasties!  😋

I grew up in the UP, enjoyed many pasties! Took my daughter to see a couple UP college campuses a few weeks ago... all official tours are cancelled, but we wanted to at least see the campuses in person before she chooses a college. Happy to report, had a pastie twice while we were up there, and brought some frozen ones home to enjoy! Yum!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I went to BGSU in ohio, 20 miles south of Michigan. We used to ski in trevor city, would be interesting to see in the summer. My cousin goes to a cabin around there to bird watch. 

Well if anyone sees some bargain rate, post it. I'm kinda looking around waiting for inspiration. 

Our neighbors met at BGSU, their oldest son is there now, and their daughter is planning to go there next year! 

You should check out Northern Michigan or even the west coast of Michigan this summer. There is a beautiful old 50's motel that was completely redone in Ludington, that I recommend. We loved staying there. Right across the street from a beach state park, and a lighthouse. I'll post pics if you're interested.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, island lady said:

I never really pay much attention to the price at booking...I know it will always change.  Have called for many price drop credits over the years.  Getting the cabin location I want is the reason I book early.

Still anxiously waiting for bookings to open for fall westbound TAs for 2022.  No idea when they will come out.  

We have the same strategy....😎

• Like 1

1 minute ago, erinsmom03 said:

Our neighbors met at BGSU, their oldest son is there now, and their daughter is planning to go there next year! 

You should check out Northern Michigan or even the west coast of Michigan this summer. There is a beautiful old 50's motel that was completely redone in Ludington, that I recommend. We loved staying there. Right across the street from a beach state park, and a lighthouse. I'll post pics if you're interested.

My cousins all still live in ohio. I'd probably just get a hotel. I drove near Cleveland for a class reunion and stopped all over like in Kentucky at the caves and Mississippi for gambling, took 4 days each way from texas. My cousin has a friend who owns a cabin in northern Michigan, she can stay free. Free is good. Yea I got a bs and mba, 6 years at bgsu. I liked the school. Good memories.

Well I have done a few searches on rcl booking engine and I guess waiting for inspiration or if anyone sees a great bargain. I'm pretty well booked thru 2022 otherwise, time to go further afield. Hoping for some good deal saying book me, book me. Lol probably for 2023. 

I really dont think allure makes it to Galveston by xmas 2022, I'm betting another delay for terminal 3. I need a new ship other than liberty.

12 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

My cousins all still live in ohio. I'd probably just get a hotel. I drove near Cleveland for a class reunion and stopped all over like in Kentucky at the caves and Mississippi for gambling, took 4 days each way from texas. My cousin has a friend who owns a cabin in northern Michigan, she can stay free. Free is good. Yea I got a bs and mba, 6 years at bgsu. I liked the school. Good memories.

Well I have done a few searches on rcl booking engine and I guess waiting for inspiration or if anyone sees a great bargain. I'm pretty well booked thru 2022 otherwise, time to go further afield. Hoping for some good deal saying book me, book me. Lol probably for 2023. 

I really dont think allure makes it to Galveston by xmas 2022, I'm betting another delay for terminal 3. I need a new ship other than liberty.

Good luck with your cruise search! I'm sure you will find something.

Just for something fun to look at this morning, this is the state beach I mentioned. Across the street from the very nice motel (I never stay in a motel, and I mean never, but this one is so nice!) that we stayed at in Ludington. 12510209-3D2F-4CD1-A2F3-BA7837AA926D_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.7ac0720f1cd4493711446bfe2f097740.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/11/2020 at 9:15 AM, island lady said:

Isn't that the truth!  I'm so ready to book the Allure WB TA so we can all continue the great times we had on the canceled Allure WB TA roll call this year ;o)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Teeara said:

Isn't that the truth!  I'm so ready to book the Allure WB TA so we can all continue the great times we had on the canceled Allure WB TA roll call this year ;o)

I broke down and booked B2B on allure 10/16 & 10/23/22 yesterday...which were showing as last ones out of Barcelona.  Gambling that later the TA will be announced for 10/30  😉 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

I broke down and booked B2B on allure 10/16 & 10/23/22 yesterday...which were showing as last ones out of Barcelona.  Gambling that later the TA will be announced for 10/30  😉 

We're looking at that, too.  Also looking at Brilliance 30 Oct to 5 Nov with TA to follow.    What's the timeframe they would be releasing the 2022 Fall Westbounds?   🍷

Edited by Wine-O
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Wine-O said:

We're looking at that, too.  Also looking at Brilliance 30 Oct to 5 Nov with TA to follow.    What's the timeframe they would be releasing the 2022 Fall Westbounds?   🍷

Unknown when next dates released, hoping some might after first of year. Many Cruises yet to come, I'm watching for longer Seasonal Caribbean and Repo's myself. These release dates change yr to yr even without CV

18 hours ago, Wine-O said:

Sure wish I knew.  Can't find any info on it.  

On 12/15/2020 at 3:52 PM, island lady said:

I have to admit I was looking at the earlier ones, too, but I really want to do the things we already had planned for pre-TA this year.  The only thing I'm thinking of changing is my cabin.  

• Like 1

On 12/11/2020 at 9:15 AM, island lady said:

On 12/11/2020 at 9:44 AM, harz99 said:

On 12/11/2020 at 9:49 AM, island lady said:

OK..sorry.  Let me rephrase that.  

For all of us living in the U.S. .....  my last quote applies.  

Under Cruise with Confidence any booking made prior to Jan 31, 2021 qualifies for price drops up until 48 hours prior to the date of sailing.  As far as I know CWC applies equally regardless of where you reside.

Prior to final payment your cruise fare will be adjusted.  After final payment you will receive the difference in OBC

30 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Under Cruise with Confidence any booking made prior to Jan 31, 2021 qualifies for price drops up until 48 hours prior to the date of sailing.  As far as I know CWC applies equally regardless of where you reside.

Prior to final payment your cruise fare will be adjusted.  After final payment you will receive the difference in OBC

Price drops  in the UK and probably elsewhere come under Best Price Guarantee as opposed to CWC itself. Must be booked on or prior to Sept. 30th 2020 for sailings departing on or before April 30th 2022. The programme  is available up to 48hours before sailing but inside final payment will result in an OBC rather than an actual drop.

14 minutes ago, harz99 said:

Price drops  in the UK and probably elsewhere come under Best Price Guarantee as opposed to CWC itself. Must be booked on or prior to Sept. 30th 2020 for sailings departing on or before April 30th 2022. The programme  is available up to 48hours before sailing but inside final payment will result in an OBC rather than an actual drop.

CWC used to have the Sept 30 date but it has been extended twice.  I would be surprised if the UK.  has also not extended theirs.  

I mentioned in my post that after final Payment was OBC so there’s no difference. 

the best price guarantee is part of CWC. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

18 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

CWC used to have the Sept 30 date but it has been extended twice.  I would be surprised if the UK.  has also not extended theirs.  

I mentioned in my post that after final Payment was OBC so there’s no difference. 

the best price guarantee is part of CWC. 

Nothing I can find indicates that BPG element itself has been altered for our bookings in the UK. All the FAQs on the Royal site still refer to the dates I quoted. It was a programme introduced to  stimulate new bookings, and in the UK at least was very welcome as unlike North America, we've not had the benefit of price drops or refundable deposit for many years.