The Daily for Monday Aug 10, 2020

richwmn

4 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Denise and Ann, today is a red letter day! Big celebration tonight, so join us for a champagne toast (again)

Denise, how are things in Maui? Have you heard if bars or restaurants are opened? Hope you get a chance to visit Hula Grill after your quarantine.

Good morning Joy!! Will be there tonight to celebrate 🎉 Allen👍👍Absolutely.

No bars are open. Whalers Village has only some shops open not a lot. Hula Bar and Grill (CLOSED😞) no take out or delivery! Lelianas CLOSED TOO!) Castaways over at Maui Kaanapali Villas are open only for take out and delivery! 
Hotels are hurting big time!

Westin closed

Sheraton closed

Royal Lahaina closed

Marriott both Ocean Club and Hotel are open.

Our favorite Sunday Brunch we would walk to is closed😞! Was hoping to go there after 12 days and counting!

We had to sign waivers with TSA? Don’t really know that we were staying home!!

Love to you and Allen

Here is Paisley! She needs my glasses from time to time LOL!

image.thumb.jpeg.7a3bb8b4f46779ba245ea1657e1c434e.jpeg

• Like 11

Thank you for posting the link to the Rotterdam photos. One of my all time favorite ships

Money can't buy happiness but you can adopt happiness and love at your local animal rescue shelter.  Since I don't have a dog it will have to be spoil both of my rescue cats day.

• Like 4

I'm late to the party today.  Yesterday my computer froze up and then we had nothing but a dark screen.  We worked all morning on it, then left it alone for about 2 hours then suddenly the screen sprang back to life and here I am.  24 hour break for my poor overworked laptop!  

I'm happy to hear Allen is doing well and coming home.  Also surprised to hear Denise is off to her home in Hawaii.  Have a great quarantine Denise and David!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Love all the dog photos.  Miss our terrier and haven't had the heart to get another dog since we lost her to cancer several years ago.  She was certainly a family member like all of you know.  

Enjoyed the Rotterdam photos.  It was a great ship.  Tonight our menus is crunchy beef tacos with the grandkids.  Their request!!

Prayers to those on the care list.  Take care everyone.  I have said it before but will say it again, this thread is a ray of sunshine.  Thanks to you all.

• Like 5

On 8/9/2020 at 11:38 AM, DeeniEncinitas said:

A lot on our plate!!

Tried to get the rapid COVID-19 test I guess we are not important enough🙄(it was so we would not have to do a 14 stay at home) we thought because our home was here it would be fine! No it is not our place of residence. Our place in Maui due to the storm which was just high winds and rain we have to replace the fence on one side and our air conditioner also!😯

Are you quarantined for 14 days  with no air conditioning?  If so, a real bummer.  

If so, I hope they can get it fixed despite your quarantine status.

Roy

• Like 2

Good morning - almost Good Afternoon!  Thanks for all the info.

Spoil our doggies is no longer an option, but here are a couple of pictures of Trapper (big and brown) and Bella (small and white).  Guess who always won the tug of war and got to sleep in the big bed?

2020424484_tugofwar.thumb.jpeg.8e088a17e60362ec2ec9ea9773b44ac3.jpeg

1269444854_BellainTrappersbasketwithTrapper.thumb.jpeg.98bc44c5d0a536cb222363c504bb8182.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Are you quarantined for 14 days  with no air conditioning?  If so, a real bummer.  

If so, I hope they can get it fixed despite your quarantine status.

Roy

We have  always trade winds  especially 

at the  beach . Our air conditioner will be taken care of tomorrow.

Denise😊

• Like 2

Sorry feeling sad today for the Rotterdam!  Wondering where the Westie is heading?  

Hoping we all get to cruise again.  Here is a photo of the Pacific  Princess sailing off Hawaii, we were to be on her in Tahiti this  fall. 

image.thumb.jpeg.e200e12ea174fba486b342c0805d4b81.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

We have  always trade winds  especially 

at the  beach . Our air conditioner will be taken care of tomorrow.

Denise😊

I sent my sister your info on almost everything being closed. She still has 2 weeks of points that will expire at Westin in Dec. I told her to call and ask that it be transferred to next year. Surely they have to make exceptions in these crazy times.

She lost her 1 week Mexican Riviera cruise because she cancelled the DAY before she was supposed to sail with us for the March 14th date. That was really sad that HAL would not refund her or at least give a FCC..

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I sent my sister your info on almost everything being closed. She still has 2 weeks of points that will expire at Westin in Dec. I told her to call and ask that it be transferred to next year. Surely they have to make exceptions in these crazy times.

She lost her 1 week Mexican Riviera cruise because she cancelled the DAY before she was supposed to sail with us for the March 14th date. That was really sad that HAL would not refund her or at least give a FCC..

Here is part of the list. 
Hope things change!! Seems everyday it changes!

❤️Denise

image.thumb.jpeg.9c8a2b13833c82d07f6ec9aa97180704.jpeg

• Like 2

Here are my two extremely spoiled pups. They are Parker and Enzo. They are super cuddle bugs and sweet as can be. 

Tonight’s dinner sounds great. Our granny used to make something similar and called it a Polish sandwich (she was Polish). We always add cheese to ours. 

I hope everyone is having a great day and enjoying the ☀️ sunshine. 

Thanks Rich for the Daily. 😊

Thank you Roy for the care list and the celebration 🎉 list. 

4EFBC8B2-7F65-4770-B8F9-BCF5E2241A51.jpeg

608AED17-1F75-4293-9945-5AAD8074C00F.jpeg

• Like 9

Thanks for the good news.  Our fire continues to rage—now into another county.  I keep up on all that with my volunteering with American Red Cross, now at over 22 years.

Loved the Pictures of “so-Not -spoiled” dogs.  I always think of our beloved German Shepherds who was in charge in our home.  

So sad to see Rotterdam in her namesake city.  Never got to sail on her.

Hope the day is good for everyone.  Stay safe!

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

Thanks for the good news.  Our fire continues to rage—now into another county.  I keep up on all that with my volunteering with American Red Cross, now at over 22 years.

Loved the Pictures of “so-Not -spoiled” dogs.  I always think of our beloved German Shepherds who was in charge in our home.  

So sad to see Rotterdam in her namesake city.  Never got to sail on her.

Hope the day is good for everyone.  Stay safe!

Thank you! Stay well!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bennybear said:

Sorry feeling sad today for the Rotterdam!  Wondering where the Westie is heading?  

Hoping we all get to cruise again.  Here is a photo of the Pacific  Princess sailing off Hawaii, we were to be on her in Tahiti this  fall. 

image.thumb.jpeg.e200e12ea174fba486b342c0805d4b81.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Is that last one the green flash?  I never managed to get a picture, but I think I saw it once...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

Is that last one the green flash?  I never managed to get a picture, but I think I saw it once...

Yes, was so happy it turned out with all the clouds, the sun just peeked out at the last minute  and that sky is kind of how I am feeling,  hoping for any flash of light....

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 3

Thank you for the daily Rich and the link to the pictures of the Rotterdam in Rotterdam.  So sad.....  We cruised on her once and loved her, and we had a cruise scheduled for next year but that won't happen of course.

My dog is probably the most spoiled dog there is, usually covered in a blanket, held, petted, and kissed.  And if you aren't paying attention to him he will kiss you until you do.  Crazy thing.  I love the Smithsonian even though I've only been there once, back in 1989, it was very special and memorable.  Light meal for tonight sounds good.  DH is home from visiting his family and it will be nice to have a regular meal tonight.

Have a great evening everyone!

• Like 2