Mardi Gras sister name ---- Celebration

jimbo5544

4 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Where you seeing that, Jimbo?  I don't doubt it, just neither JH nor Carnival's FB page mentions it yet, for example.

It was a personal email that I could not post.

Edited by jimbo5544

12 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Didn't see that coming. Thought it would have been Jubilee to mark the 50th anniversary. 😎

I had Carnivale.....but it kind of makes sense, 50 years...celebration of that event...

13 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

I had Carnivale.....but it kind of makes sense, 50 years...celebration of that event...

One thing for sure, I will not be booking any of the first 10 cruises this time! 🤪

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

Celebration was my first cruise.  It started my obsession with cruising.  I agree with Philly, I am not a fan of reusing old ship names.

16 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Ours as well 1996

I sailed on the Celebration when she was brand new in 1987. God, I'm getting old! 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Didn't see that coming. Thought it would have been Jubilee to mark the 50th anniversary. 😎

Neither did I. For sure, I thought Jubilee if they were to reuse a ship name. Celebration is the one I always forget existed in the Holiday class. 

Edited by xDisconnections

When I saw Kathy Lee Gifford unbox the letter E, I had a feeling it would be Celebration. After all, she was the godmother for the original Celebration, so it made sense for her to unbox a letter.

I wonder if she’ll be the godmother for the new Celebration?

Sent from my iPhone

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GregD said:

Notice they're using "Carnival" in front of the name for this ship, unlike Mardi Gras. 

Yeah, not surprising, I suppose, given that there is a cruise line named "Celebrity" which might cause some confusion.

I suspect "Mardi Gras" sans "Carnival" in the name is a one off, and the future ship names will all be "Carnival xxxxxxxx".

11 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Yeah, not surprising, I suppose, given that there is a cruise line named "Celebrity" which might cause some confusion.

I suspect "Mardi Gras" sans "Carnival" in the name is a one off, and the future ship names will all be "Carnival xxxxxxxx".

I’d sooner think the Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line would confuse others than Celebrity. Up until 2015, BPCL was best known as Celebration Cruise Line and our local area was targeted constantly with advertisements through TV, radio, etc. and it was always listed on websites such as Groupon with a high potential reach. After the Bahamas Celebration ship ran aground, they later purchased the old Celebration (Carnival) ship later named Grand Celebration with Iberocruceros.

Someone just a few weeks ago told me they still have a Groupon for the Celebration.

Edited by xDisconnections
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

Yes, I also thought of "Carnivale". But a lot of people I know said why would Carnival name a ship "Carnivale" given that the entire cruise line took up the name of "Carnivale". 

1 hour ago, xDisconnections said:

I’d sooner think the Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line would confuse others than Celebrity. Up until 2015, BPCL was best known as Celebration Cruise Line and our local area was targeted constantly with advertisements through TV, radio, etc. and it was always listed on websites such as Groupon with a high potential reach. After the Bahamas Celebration ship ran aground, they later purchased the old Celebration (Carnival) ship later named Grand Celebration with Iberocruceros.

Someone just a few weeks ago told me they still have a Groupon for the Celebration.

16 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Celebration is kind of odd since the old Celebration is still cruising as the Grand Celebration.

I hadn't realized the "Celebration" was still sailing (albeit under a slightly modified name).  Yeah, in retrospect that does seem a little weird - I'd want to distance myself from that name, just to avoid confusion.

I can't see myself sailing out of Miami, since Port Canaveral is so close to me, so the name of the ship is a bit of a non-event for me, until it shifts ports - presumably it will, at some point, end up sailing out of Port Canaveral.

4 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

I hadn't realized the "Celebration" was still sailing (albeit under a slightly modified name).  Yeah, in retrospect that does seem a little weird - I'd want to distance myself from that name, just to avoid confusion.

we crossed paths 2 years ago in Freeport.

• Like 1