Donald says still a chance at 2020 cruising

jimbo5544

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Pretty much. Actual football actually happened tonight. Football season goes by so fast. 

Dude. March was like two weeks ago. This time last year, we were already well into the Halloween parties getting ready for the winter holidays. The year is almost over.

Edited by xDisconnections

9 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Dude. March was like two weeks ago. This time last year, we were already well into the Halloween parties getting ready for the winter holidays. The year is almost over.

March was six months ago..it felt like it. It’s the slow time of year and it was extra slow this year. No march madness. No college World Series.  Six weeks on furlough. No NBA or MLB (until recently). No NFL mini camps. Late training camp. No preseason. It’s been pretty rough.

But now there’s so much going on. Football. Baseball. NBA Playoffs. NHL playoffs.  Indy 500 was last week. The Kentucky Derby is next week. It’s like a years worth of sports are being squeezed into 1/3 of the year. The next two months will fly by.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

March was six months ago..it felt like it. It’s the slow time of year and it was extra slow this year. No march madness. No college World Series.  Six weeks on furlough. No NBA or MLB (until recently). No NFL mini camps. Late training camp. No preseason. It’s been pretty rough.

But now there’s so much going on. Football. Baseball. NBA Playoffs. NHL playoffs.  Indy 500 was last week. The Kentucky Derby is next week. It’s like a years worth of sports are being squeezed into 1/3 of the year. The next two months will fly by.

Aww, sorry yours has been going by slowly 😞

I’m not a sports fan so that all went unnoticed for me. March really felt like it was just a few weeks ago for me, probably because I’ve just been trying to ignore the pandemic and carrying on as normal.

I wouldnt trust it. Even if  somehow we manage to come up with a Vaccine like Russians did, it will still take time to distribute them around the world. Its not only the matter of one single country when it comes to cruising. Preferably all the countries engages will have  to start using it prior to open cruising 

13 hours ago, Ryanryanryan said:

I thought all cruises were cancelled until at least October 31st?  I wouldn't consider November "very soon".

Also, you're delusional if you think any cruises are leaving from the US in 2020.

Especially from Florida. Ain't happening.

• Like 1

And here I thought the eternal optimism on these boards were starting to wane. Apparently it’s still alive and well. Good luck to those of you who believe that cruises may restart this year. 

my personal thoughts on this are fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. Pretty sure we are up to at least the 4th time here....

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

And here I thought the eternal optimism on these boards were starting to wane. Apparently it’s still alive and well. Good luck to those of you who believe that cruises may restart this year. 

my personal thoughts on this are fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. Pretty sure we are up to at least the 4th time here....

I'm  cautiously optimistic about late spring 2021.  "Cautiously" is emphasized because, well I'm talking about normal cruising....not some weirdo cruise where you can't get off the ship unless you want to sit in a bus and look out the window.

But, you know, I got off a cruise on 3/8....and in the cab back home I said to DH "this covid thing will be over in 2 weeks".  Here we are, almost 6 months later, still in lockdown, still nothing open (NYC...nothing open but bowling alleys lol)....and I would have bet $1,000,000 that life would be normal by now.  My point is...you just never know. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I'm  cautiously optimistic about late spring 2021.  "Cautiously" is emphasized because, well I'm talking about normal cruising....not some weirdo cruise where you can't get off the ship unless you want to sit in a bus and look out the window.

But, you know, I got off a cruise on 3/8....and in the cab back home I said to DH "this covid thing will be over in 2 weeks".  Here we are, almost 6 months later, still in lockdown, still nothing open (NYC...nothing open but bowling alleys lol)....and I would have bet $1,000,000 that life would be normal by now.  My point is...you just never know. 

Life is full of surprises.  Hopefully, the ever normal returns, we will appreciate it more, inclusing cruising.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I know what you mean. My brother, my adult kids and I had a cruise in April and they kept telling me that this is bad and we may not be able to go and I really just blew it off, never knowing what was to come.

I was reading Saint Greg's Live Panorama review and when his delay happened on debarkation morning and then the whole Princess madness at the San Pedro port for their embarkation, that's when it hit me this thing is much more serious than I ever thought. 

The irony is I think if some sailings happen this year, Carnival may need to cancel some more sailings to make them happen. I would expect it will be more similar to what we are seeing with AIDA in that capacity will be noticeably reduced. Presumably most December 2020 cruises are pretty well booked, especially around Christmas and New Year's, and likely over the reduced capacity.

8 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Arnold Donald can't be considered a credible or reliable source? He's been more transparent than most.

I think he absolutely has to say there’s a chance they cruise in 2020...since they haven’t canceled and I think they’re still taking bookings.

• Like 1

Just now, Saint Greg said:

I think he absolutely has to say there’s a chance they cruise in 2020...since they haven’t canceled and I think they’re still taking bookings.

As the CDC no sail order hasn't been extended again, there is nothing to stop Carnival from trying.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Problem is. Most are now fully booked for Nov & Dec 2020 at the 60-70%

On 8/28/2020 at 5:23 PM, jimbo5544 said:

I don't see it, would happy to be wrong, but I won't set foot on a ship for at least another year.  Cruising to nowhere, even if allowed, doesn't interest me at the time.

12 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

As the CDC no sail order hasn't been extended again, there is nothing to stop Carnival from trying.

The cancellations usually happen at the beginning of the month.  If they are to happen, I expect to see something imminently.

1 hour ago, St.Pete said:

The cancellations usually happen at the beginning of the month.  If they are to happen, I expect to see something imminently.

Doesn't CDC usually extend around the middle of the month?