US cruising in early January (speculation)

bigrednole

8 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Hey that seems to be an agenda. Let’s blast Law Enforcement but require them to police mask. If you are in some of these cities, you call 911. 

M8

A lot of drama about the defunding issue. It's not as extreme as it sounds. I've seen first hand. Cops are not trained to deal with mental health, drug interdiction, domestic violence, ... They sometimes overreact or make things worse. It's asking too much of them. Reallocate those roles to people who are better equipped and let the cops handle the real bad guys.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

That's been banned in NY for years now. Basically you can only smoke outside.  They did away with smoking sections in restaurants and you can't smoke in a bar or any other indoor public place. Actually  I don't think you can smoke in some parks anymore either. 

We like that but who enforces?

You call 911 if someone is smoking in a prohibited area?  SMH

M8

1 minute ago, Pratique said:

A lot of drama about the defunding issue. It's not as extreme as it sounds. I've seen first hand. Cops are not trained to deal with mental health, drug interdiction, domestic violence, ... They sometimes overreact or make things worse. It's asking too much of them. Reallocate those roles to people who are better equipped and let the cops handle the real bad guys.

Then they need another number than  911. Cops are forced to respond to all calls. So you are onboard to defund the Police?

M8

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Then they need another number than  911. Cops are forced to respond to all calls. So you are onboard to defund the Police?

M8

No 911 will route the calls to the right place. I hate the word defund because it has been abused. Take some of the money and reallocate it to other specialized services to take some of the load off of the LEOs.

We like that but who enforces?

You call 911 if someone is smoking in a prohibited area?  SMH

M8

I have never been a smoker so I never paid much attention to penalty or fine . However the establishment will be fined heavily if they are caught allowing someone to smoke so they are the enforcers. Likewise they are also fined or closed down if they are over capacity during the covid restrictions. It really isn't a problem here smokers except the law. It's funny if you happen to be traveling at dinner time or late at night you will see people standing outside of the bar or restaurant smoking.  I guess you can still smoke indoors where you live.  

4 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I have never been a smoker so I never paid much attention to penalty or fine . However the establishment will be fined heavily if they are caught allowing someone to smoke so they are the enforcers. Likewise they are also fined or closed down if they are over capacity during the covid restrictions. It really isn't a problem here smokers except the law. It's funny if you happen to be traveling at dinner time or late at night you will see people standing outside of the bar or restaurant smoking.  I guess you can still smoke indoors where you live.  

When smoking in restaurants was first banned some people got upset too, like with the masks, but eventually they got over it.

• Like 1

How much “peaceful “ protesting going on in your city?  What’s the Demographics of your city? 

Some cities are out of site, out of mind. 

M8

We are a purple state. Everyone is doing their part to keep the peace. There have been no issues with the protests that I'm aware of.

19 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

That's been banned in NY for years now. Basically you can only smoke outside.  They did away with smoking sections in restaurants and you can't smoke in a bar or any other indoor public place. Actually  I don't think you can smoke in some parks anymore either. 

And you call NYPD to enforce?  I didn’t think NYC was open to indoor dinning?  Apples to Oranges. 

M8

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

And you call NYPD to enforce?  I didn’t think NYC was open to indoor dinning?  Apples to Oranges. 

M8

NYC will open Sept 30th at 25% capacity. The rest on NY has had indoor dining for some time now.

We don't have to call anyone. Everyone complies or are asked to leave if not wearing a mask. You only have to wear a mask if you walk in and out of the restaurant or use the bathroom. The establishment will enforce the rule or the no smoking law.

Edited by Iamcruzin

On 9/3/2020 at 7:52 AM, bigrednole said:

It's not whether they will get a huge portion of the population to agree to take it. The pharma is already 100% protected from any liability in the US for the life of the vaccine. What will be the issue is a Federal ban on doing anything without taking it. They can easily shut you out of everything if you are not vaccinated. No school, no access to a public facility like grocery stores, restaurants, etc. Your kids won't be able to attend school without it. Elderly cannot be in a nursing home without it. Hospitals and doctors can ban from entering and make your only option a non-vaccination facility. 

So, if the US government says you will not have access to almost anything without an ID card showing you are vaccinated, what do you think will happen?

Currently, kids under 16 can no longer be expelled for bad behavior because they have successfully used the law requiring every child to receive an education included kids that can't even tie their own shoes by age 16 but you think that failure to take a vaccine will change that and they can be denied an education? That would be a lawyer's dream suit.

6 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:
8 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

NYC will open Sept 30th at 25% capacity

This has zip to do with cruising, but I think item 3 may be a deterrent. The rest of NY state does not do this. 

(Nor item 2 although done at some medical facilities.)

Here is to future cruising. We need it. 🚢😎

• Like 1

1 minute ago, time4u2go said:

I'm thinking the answers to these questions varies by location. 

Agree. None of these laws or ordinances are Federal.  Each city, county, and state govern individually.  We have seen this over the last 6 months since covid started.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mets07 said:

This has zip to do with cruising, but I think item 3 may be a deterrent. The rest of NY state does not do this. 

(Nor item 2 although done at some medical facilities.)

Here is to future cruising. We need it. 🚢😎

Wow that's strict. We only have to wear a mask and there isn't any bar service meaning you can't sit at the bar on Long Island.

1 minute ago, Iamcruzin said:

Wow that's strict. We only have to wear a mask and there isn't any bar service meaning you can't sit at the bar on Long Island.

I have sat at bars on Long Island, however socially distanced from others at the bar and you must order food. 

5 minutes ago, mets07 said:

I have sat at bars on Long Island, however socially distanced from others at the bar and you must order food. 

Yes that's true as long as you're eating. I have seen it at our local watering hole.  I was just thinking about drinking. You would have to do that at a table.

Edited by Iamcruzin

32 minutes ago, Pratique said:

City counsel has the authority to do this under our state law.

Here is the demographics foe New Hampshire. Kinda of explains a lot about your thoughts. Easy to sit back from your lazy boy and fix the the issues when you don’t have experience. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Hampshire#Population

M8

9731CD27-828B-4172-93B1-7ED0C167B01C.png

1 hour ago, Pratique said:

Of course they do. It's a stupid waste of their time. But every once in a while someone comes into the store, challenges the rules, refuses to leave, and raises a stink, so the cops have to be called. Rules are rules. Don't like 'em, then leave.

Some looser at my 4 year old’s swim lesson yesterday wouldn’t comply.  They even offered him a face shield to use and KEEP, and he still wouldn’t.  Fortunately for him I was not there.  But according to my wife other parents dealt with him and he left.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pratique said:

City counsel has the authority to do this under our state law.

Cocoa Beach implemented a mask policy, with fines, but this clause pretty much makes it toothless.

The ordinance does provide exemptions for babies under 2 years old and, at the discretion of a legal guardian, for children under 6 years old. Masks are not required when social distancing is possible, in a motor vehicle, or when the person has a health condition that wouldn't allow face coverings. 

BTW, anyone know of any health conditions that won't allow you to wear a mask?

This could be interesting

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Here is the demographics foe New Hampshire. Kinda of explains a lot about your thoughts. Easy to sit back from your lazy boy and fix the the issues when you don’t have experience. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Hampshire#Population

M8

I thought you said this thread was doomed.