US cruising in early January (speculation)

bigrednole

4 hours ago, yogimax said:

I hope you are not saying that those lives are less important than others.

Is that what I said?  You tell me.  

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

This thread is doomed 

M8

I will do my best to continue its legacy.

4 hours ago, Pratique said:

LOL. Even disproved theories still have a life. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/cdc-mortality-statistics/

Disproved?  It’s still on the CDC site.  94% died because they contracted COVID19 and their pre existing conditions made it much worse.  6% died who were otherwise “healthy” .  Yes, people are idiots and incorrectly/spun that report.  

My state is already suggesting that long term care facilities will get first dibs on what the government can get their hands on, then it will become available more widely. I also presume that people willing to pay a premium will be able to get it through their doctor like they can with some Covid tests.

As they should

Please explain how 17 out of 4,360 schools is a valid statistical sample.

Sorry , added a few more today.  These are schools reporting since Aug1.  You want me to grab the data from the CDC as well?  Let’s check on Sweden while we are at it.

DAB8C603-A0DF-4325-B878-A001DD9EA6A5.jpeg

E8E3E89D-CCF9-4D58-B6EB-62CC0D0A0507.png

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Same players, either political or COVID19. SMH

M8

Lets forget vaccines, politics etc, and get back to the original topic... 

if ships aren’t taking on extra crew over and above the current skeleton crew in/by November it doesn’t seem likely that they will be sailing in early January based upon the Chief’s comments. Fingers need to be crossed by everyone, if we want to get on a cruise ship by January. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BND said:

I'm amazed that people are amazed that kids would go back to college and not party.  Esp frats and sororities.

There really isn't any surprise.  Over the summer bars and clubs who didn't limit the crowds or enforce social distancing lost their liquor license.  That's what was needed to be done for it to be taken seriously. 

5 hours ago, Dennis#1 said:

Wonder if getting each version of the competing vaccines will decrease your chances of getting Covid-19.

Or kill you. Astra Zenika trial on hold due to adverse reactions

Edited by John&LaLa

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

One person has an illness that's being investigated.  I wouldn't call that "reactions". It's one person and they don't currently know what it is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheMastodon said:

Disproved?  It’s still on the CDC site.  94% died because they contracted COVID19 and their pre existing conditions made it much worse.  6% died who were otherwise “healthy” .  Yes, people are idiots and incorrectly/spun that report. 

Sorry , added a few more today.  These are schools reporting since Aug1.  You want me to grab the data from the CDC as well?  Let’s check on Sweden while we are at it.

Not the CDC report, but the claim that only 6% "actually" died from Covid was disproved. It's that word "actually" that caused the problem. You are correct that 100% of the cases were Covid related. As for the chart, let me know when you have data for at least 100 schools for at least a month after the semester began and I'll take a closer look.

28 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Not the CDC report, but the claim that only 6% "actually" died from Covid was disproved. It's that word "actually" that caused the problem. You are correct that 100% of the cases were Covid related. As for the chart, let me know when you have data for at least 100 schools for at least a month after the semester began and I'll take a closer look.

Will do.  Would be much better to have this discussion in person over a nice glass of wine, preferably in the suite lounge.  Much is lost in translation operating from keyboards.  

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Reaction*

Signed my consent form and had it ready to go too.  No need to speculate at this point if it was a vaccine related issue or something that occurred naturally.  Optimistic they figure it out and we proceed with phase3.

Just now, TheMastodon said:

Will do.  Would be much better to have this discussion in person over a nice glass of wine, preferably in the suite lounge.  Much is lost in translation operating from keyboards. 

I'll see you on board next year or the following. Hopefully my students won't infect me before then. Fingers crossed because all that's between me and them are cloth masks and Covid tests.

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Doesn’t change the fact that the phase 3 trial is on indefinite hold 

For one person.  Don't jump to conclusions.  It's routine to do what they did.  Don't panic.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/09/08/astrazeneca-covid-19-vaccine-study-put-on-hold-due-to-suspected-adverse-reaction-in-participant-in-the-u-k/

Edited by BND

16 minutes ago, BND said:

For one person.  Don't jump to conclusions.  It's routine to do what they did.  Don't panic.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/09/08/astrazeneca-covid-19-vaccine-study-put-on-hold-due-to-suspected-adverse-reaction-in-participant-in-the-u-k/

Put on hold sounds like a slow down to the warp engines

Edited by John&LaLa

Just now, John&LaLa said:

I just thru the reaction comment to share that the trial was paused. My initial comment was about getting multiple vaccines to hedge your bet. Respond to that. 

If you mean like shringrex that requires two vaccines, then okay, otherwise, I'm lost as to why you quoted me and said that.

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Put on hold sounds like a slow down to the warp engines

Temporary hold while they investigate.  Did you read the article I posted?  It's not the only time this has happened with vaccines.  Common practice and the reaction is not life threatening.

Edited by BND

4 minutes ago, BND said:

If you mean like shringrex that requires two vaccines, then okay, otherwise, I'm lost as to why you quoted me and said that.

Follow the thread. I replying to Dennis. You saw what you wanted, and chastised me. 

To recap

Dennis questioned taking two different vaccines if they both were in circulation. I said it 'might' kill you

Screenshot_20200908-215055_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ffc28df023fd6de4573ca1bbdd3875e3.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BND said:

Temporary hold while they investigate.  Did you read the article I posted?  It's not the only time this has happened with vaccines.  Common practice and the reaction is not life threatening.

Still a setback, and no I didn't read it. 

Of course its common, that's why this typically takes years

46 minutes ago, Pratique said:

I'll see you on board next year or the following. Hopefully my students won't infect me before then. Fingers crossed because all that's between me and them are cloth masks and Covid tests.

We’ve had 3 employees (out of 534) that tested positive.  They did not infect anyone else who they worked with during the day.  Masks and doing their best to distance obviously only helped the situation.  Keep your distance and you will decrease the chances.  Wearing a mask might not be convenient 😉 but along with distancing it will help stop the spread.   

38 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Still a setback, and no I didn't read it. 

Of course its common, that's why this typically takes years

Is this anything like the problems with the 1976 swine flu vaccine? I haven't been following this story.

I thought I also heard something about possibly needing multiple doses, not sure if that is of the same vaccine or two different ones.

1 hour ago, BND said:

Not jumping to conclusions, not panicking, I understand it's routine-this validates mine, and many others on this thread that these things take time, and there will be no FDA approved vaccine in late October.  I simply stated fact, that the trial has came to a halt and willl not progress until this has been investigated fully (yes for just one person)

1 hour ago, Pratique said:

Is this anything like the problems with the 1976 swine flu vaccine? I haven't been following this story.

I thought I also heard something about possibly needing multiple doses, not sure if that is of the same vaccine or two different ones.

I'm assuming two doses of the same family of serum