US cruising in early January (speculation)

bigrednole

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Still a setback, and no I didn't read it. 

Of course its common, that's why this typically takes years

Just like all trials, not only vaccines. We regularly read about lawsuits against pharmaceutical companies, because of something happened after all trials. For example Xarelto. Everything has some side effects of some people. It’s not a reason not to use it.

21 minutes ago, BND said:

My understanding is the one person had mild fever and body aches for a few days.  Very, very typical reactions to vaccines.

You've made that very clear.

Any thoughts on my original question.

"If two or three, totally different types of vaccine win approval, will they all be distributed?"

Follow up if yes

"Will we, as consumers, be given the choice as to which one we want to get?"

Follow up if yes

"Can we get more than one of these vaccines, or will that cause an adverse reaction?"

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

You've made that very clear.

Any thoughts on my original question.

"If two or three, totally different types of vaccine win approval, will they all be distributed?"

Follow up if yes

"Will we, as consumers, be given the choice as to which one we want to get?"

Follow up if yes

"Can we get more than one of these vaccines, or will that cause an adverse reaction?"

How would I know that?  That hasn't been discussed anywhere that I know of.

Why does it bother you that one person had a typical response and that it's being handled just like they always are?

Here's an idea, those of us that are fine with getting the vaccine will and those that aren't won't?  I do think people are overreacting to a common practice.

I do expect that until herd immunity is reached, those without the vaccine will be stuck in the same situation they currently are.  

Edited by BND

4 minutes ago, BND said:

How would I know that?  That hasn't been discussed anywhere that I know of.

Why does it bother you that one person had a typical response and that it's being handled just like they always are?

Here's an idea, those of us that are fine with getting the vaccine will and those that aren't won't?  I do think people are overreacting to a common practice.

I do expect that until herd immunity is reached, those without the vaccine will be stuck in the same situation they currently are.  

For the umpteenth time, I don't care about one person getting a reaction. I am sorry, I attached that tidbit to my response. It was ancillary information. 

You come across as an authority on medical stuff, so I assumed you might have insight.  

I honestly am curious about competing vaccines coming to market. From whay I gather, there are at least three totally different approaches being worked on. Which is great, but some folks might want the more traditionally developed vaccines.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BND said:

My understanding is the one person had mild fever and body aches for a few days.  Very, very typical reactions to vaccines.

I just read that a person in the UK trial has tranverse myelitis (inflammation syndrome of spinal cord).    I say that is a bit more serious than mild fever and aches and pains that are very common with most vaccines.    Time will tell and we all have to let them do their research and not be pushed in warp speed.   

There are plenty of ways for all of us to go about life with this virus around us.    I have been going to work every day since March and have gone on vacation,  have gone to the beach almost every day for 6 weeks,  go to the salon for hair and nails, go to many restaurants and shops, all good so far...just wear the mask and wash your hands.    

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Too many people here giving medical opinions without a license. We call this malpractice. 

M8

Do you know much about neurological disorders?

FWIW, the symptoms are very similar to my fistula disease. Not good.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

Most every thread goes down the rabbit hole sooner or later.

You know the drill.  When it becomes a free unsolicited, "expert" medical advice thread supported with all kinds of charts, graphs, tables, diagrams, histograms and the likes, followed by a decent into an abyss of political lunacy, the thread magically goes *Poof*  Covid-19 has destroyed more threads on here than any other topic -- it's gone viral (no pun intended). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Covid-19 has destroyed more threads on here than any other topic -- it's gone viral (no pun intended).

This thread wouldn't exist without Covid.

20 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Aha, doctors and now a lawyer!

The lawyer would say you cannot commit malpractice if you don't have a license to lose. So as long as you're not afraid of committing unauthorized practice of medicine, it's all good.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2020 at 4:13 AM, Iamcruzin said:

Then why can't the government get the anti mask wearers to put on a mask in Walmart?

The government should implement strickt rules and whoever does not wear a mask in places where required a fine of USD 1'000 should apply with very frequent controls.