Diamond Class/Mini Suite Question

Happy Sunday CC Boards.....

We are booked in a Junior Suite aboard the Symphony and we are Diamond Members.  Upon embarkation is there any place we can either drop our carry-on luggage off or can we run it to the cabin then get out of every ones way to start our much needed vacation?   

We are the family that loves to be onboard as early as possible.  

I realize things might be different once cruising starts again but was wondering if this was at least possible pre COVID?

No.  We're D+ and always stay in JS and the only ship that I've seen a place to dropoff carryon's was on GR a few years ago. It was for anyone who wanted to use it but they stopped that after  a few months. You also can't drop off in your cabin.  A JS doesn't get you much more than a larger room and double points.  We get onboard and carry our carryon's.  There's a reason they're called carryon's.  We each have one.  DH wears a backpack and I carry my laptop bag that has other space in it.  You are hardly the only family that gets on early as possible.  

I've been seeing some of the most recent check ins, even with a full suite (JS doesnt get suite perks) the earliest time offered to board is 2:30 pm. Seems they will delay boarding for extra cleaning if cruises resume soon. 

Edited by firefly333

Something tells me that the usual boarding (of past) around 10 or 11 may not be possible when cruising resumes. No early check  in times are offered.   Seems the earliest is 2:30  and run  as late as 5:30.  That could mean no need to carry around your carry on luggage as cabins might be opened when we are permitted on board. It also may mean no lunch on boarding day. 

who knows?

As for the original question, neither a Junior suite or diamond C&A level provide any type of drop off/run to the cabin  if the cabins have not yet opened by the time you board. 

m

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I wouldn’t mind carrying around my stuff if I got to go on a cruise🥴

I would gladly wheel all my luggage not just my Carry-on, push my car, schedule a colonoscopy, or just about anything else just to be cruising.👍

That is a great point if boarding is pushed back to early afternoon, then the cabins should be available upon boarding.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

We will be in Star Class in Feb on Allure and it will be interesting to see when we can board.  Before, we were usually on board between 9:30-10:00 because we also want to board as soon as possible. 

Currently several sailings have opened up for check in. The check in process is running from 2:30 to 5:30.  

Who knows what will be the protocol in February. 
m

22 hours ago, HodgeNNicole said:

I would gladly wheel all my luggage not just my Carry-on, push my car, schedule a colonoscopy, or just about anything else just to be cruising.👍

Luggage and car - o.k., but I draw the line at the colonoscopy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If you are lucky you might be on by 3pm and last ones on by 6pm. Even on b2b2b we had to disembark and only embark with new pax in some ports . There was never running to drop bags off .😇 Before you could pay to leave in theater ,but reports of the bag,s sitting together unsupervised

On 9/7/2020 at 5:23 PM, yogimax said:

but I draw the line at the colonoscopy!

Me too!   But she did say "schedule" it.  Doesn't mean we couldn't cancel.

I'm going to miss that first day lunch if it goes away and it sounds like it is.

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Like 1

It's like an airport.  If you get there with lots of time to spare before your flight...you will have to stay with your carry on bags until your flight.   

Ours are on wheels, making it easier to move about if needed before cabins open up.  Otherwise, we like finding a lounge (like the almost never busy Viking Crown Lounge) and just sit with our bags.  

Edited by island lady

16 minutes ago, island lady said:

It's like an airport.  If you get there with lots of time to spare before your flight...you will have to stay with your carry on bags until your flight.   

Ours are on wheels, making it easier to move about if needed before cabins open up.  Otherwise, we like finding a lounge (like the almost never busy Viking Crown Lounge) and just sit with our bags.  

Yes!  The Viking Crown Lounge, one of the best kept secrets, but sadly being taken over for other purposes.

29 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Yes!  The Viking Crown Lounge, one of the best kept secrets, but sadly being taken over for other purposes.

Agree....one of the most under utilized lounges on the ship...and IMHO the best one on the ship.