Concierge lounge vs Diamond Lounge on Brilliance

BillOh

FYI - This cruise will give us enough points to be D+ when its over. (assuming we get to actually go on this cruise) So we have been to a few Diamond Lounges and enjoy them very much.    On this next Brilliance cruise we got a great deal on a Grand Suite for my wife and I's 40th anniversary.    Any thoughts on which is better to spend time in the Conceierge lounge vs the Diamond?.   One set of good friends will be a suite as well, another set of friends I have to check on, and see where they are and if they are Diamond yet.  Maybe move between them?  Maybe go to which ever has the better service/offerings or is less crowded?  Any thought and photos welcome.

14 minutes ago, BillOh said:

FYI - This cruise will give us enough points to be D+ when its over. (assuming we get to actually go on this cruise) So we have been to a few Diamond Lounges and enjoy them very much.    On this next Brilliance cruise we got a great deal on a Grand Suite for my wife and I's 40th anniversary.    Any thoughts on which is better to spend time in the Conceierge lounge vs the Diamond?.   One set of good friends will be a suite as well, another set of friends I have to check on, and see where they are and if they are Diamond yet.  Maybe move between them?  Maybe go to which ever has the better service/offerings or is less crowded?  Any thought and photos welcome.

The CL is very nice on Radiance ships.

If lucky, you can sit at the bar, there is outdoor seating, the space flows a little better.

Food is about the same. 

Best plan is to try them both, see which one you like better

• Like 5

If you like the lounges, both are nice.   We tend to use a concierge lounge as it might be a bit less crowded than a diamond lounge. 

you mentioned one of your friends might not be in a suite and might not have reached diamond level. If that is the case and you want to spend time with them, you can use one of your vouchers and just have a drink anywhere around the ship.

enjoy and congrats on the milestone anniversary. 
m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

If you like the lounges, both are nice.   We tend to use a concierge lounge as it might be a bit less crowded than a diamond lounge. 

you mentioned one of your friends might not be in a suite and might not have reached diamond level. If that is the case and you want to spend time with them, you can use one of your vouchers and just have a drink anywhere around the ship.

enjoy and congrats on the milestone anniversary. 
m

I think that other couple is Diamond now, but I have to confirm with them, but we will probably visit both depending on who we meet and who is where.  

If your friends are not Diamond yet...no worries.  Just meet them in the Viking Crown Lounge...same deck..just a few steps away from both lounges.  You will have vouchers for your free drinks, and the lounge is beautiful.  Best view, IMHO, on the ship.  

I love the CL for the same reason John does...but we also tend to bounce back and forth to both (so convenient across the hall from each other)...though still prefer the CL on Radiance class ships.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BillOh said:

One set of good friends will be a suite as well, another set of friends I have to check on, and see where they are and if they are Diamond yet.  Maybe move between them? 

Sure, when we were allowed into the CL, we would often visit both to meet with new friends in each place.

• Like 2

As a frequent solo cruiser I like the bar setup in these CL's as it is conducive to social activities.  In my experience the CL has been a little more laid back than the DL which is crowded and busy during happy hour.   

Sure there are the regulars that camp out in the CL but I never found it that hard to grab a seat at the bar or a table for two by the window.  The groups that camp out tend to consume groups of tables in the middle or closer to the stage area.  Seats in the DL are harder to come by.  Grab a drink in the DL and sit in the VCL.

Radiance class ships have 1/3 of the remaining CL's left in the fleet.  I'd try to use them while you can. 

Radiance is/was scheduled for a fall dry dock.  I am waiting to see if the CL survives or if it will become an SL.  This was never an "amplification" and she needs her 5 year maintenance check regardless so I anticipate they will attempt some sort of dry dock for the marine maintenance.  Changing the sign on the door isn't a costly change but these ships have the fewest suites in the fleet so maybe the CL will remain long term. 

Only time will tell, but if something happens with the Radiance CL we can expect that to eventually occur on other RD class ships like Brilliance.  

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BillOh said:

Since it’s a celebration, why not just get the Drink Package. 

M8

11 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Since it’s a celebration, why not just get the Drink Package. 

M8

I may consider it. I sure wish Royal would have moved my 9 day $18 drink package to this 5 day cruise.  I know it is at least triple that now. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, BillOh said:

I may consider it. I sure wish Royal would have moved my 9 day $18 drink package to this 5 day cruise.  I know it is at least triple that now. 

I agree. Too bad it was just a mistake. With the package, you and your friends can meet and drink anywhere and a better selection of alcohol. The DP is part of our price to cruise. Enjoy 

M8

31 minutes ago, BillOh said:

I found some pictures and do like the looks of the bar there.  I can't wait to experience my 3rd cruise on this class, first on Radiance, and my first suite lounge.  Thanks everyone.

You will love it , don’t forget about breakfast in a specialty restaurant, plus other perks, one major problem with grand suite , it’s hard to go back to normal cabin afterwards we never did. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I hope it’s a Suite Lounge next time we sail on this class. 

It was never that crowded on our sailing always was able to find a empty table. But I guess that depends on the amount of diamond plus sailing. Lounge was definitely bigger and nicer than the larger voyager class concierge lounges .

1 hour ago, George C said:

It was never that crowded on our sailing always was able to find a empty table. But I guess that depends on the amount of diamond plus sailing. Lounge was definitely bigger and nicer than the larger voyager class concierge lounges .

We did a 11 night cruise on Serenade to the Southern Caribbean and the CL had people saving seats around 1600.  It was packed.  Two days days into the cruise, Mario saved tables and seats for Suite Guests. Some frequent cruisers were pitching a fit when the Blue Cheese was gone. Mario had his hands full. 

M8

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We did a 11 night cruise on Serenade to the Southern Caribbean and the CL had people saving seats around 1600.  It was packed.  Two days days into the cruise, Mario saved tables and seats for Suite Guests. Some frequent cruisers were pitching a fit when the Blue Cheese was gone. Mario had his hands full. 

M8

I agree it’s frustrating when you book a suite and can’t get into concierge lounge because it’s packed with diamond plus. It happened to us on our first grand suite on navigator. Concierge told us to try diamond lounge, we always get drink package anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, George C said:

I agree it’s frustrating when you book a suite and can’t get into concierge lounge because it’s packed with diamond plus. It happened to us on our first grand suite on navigator. Concierge told us to try diamond lounge, we always get drink package anyway. 

That’s what we do, the drink package. It is a problem on ships with CL’s and some cruises with SL. I believe Royal is attempting to correct the situation, or was prior to COVID19.  

M8

12 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

That’s what we do, the drink package. It is a problem on ships with CL’s and some cruises with SL. I believe Royal is attempting to correct the situation, or was prior to COVID19.  

M8

We are scheduled to be on Liberty at end of February, pretty large suite lounge never seen that crowded sailed he a couple of times. Really prefer celebrity suite lounges never seen them crowded and a much larger selection of liquor and free drinks from early morning to late night not just for a 3.5 hours. Have that booked for April.

• Like 2

I haven't been in the Brilliance's CL yet (will be next spring) but have been on the Jewel.  We absolutely loved it!  It was only crowded once in 8 days of cruising.  The space is great, the drinks served to you just like you want them and the food looked SO much better than the display in the DL.  We avoided the DL after a few days because it was so incredibly chaotic, the food was a mess all over the place, and the drinks weren't stocked well.  The CL bartender works so hard and gives such awesome service.  The food is kept neat, clean and re-stocked.  It's quiet (except for one D+ bragging loudly most nights) and the perfect relaxing place to go before or after dinner.  We could've just been lucky, but I hope all our future cruises have CL like that.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, George C said:

Brilliance concierge lounge is by far my favorite lounge on any of rccl ships it was large with a real bar and a great staff, we did it for our 25 anniversary 4 years ago, had a aft grand suite 1600 which we loved. 

Ha! We did Brilliance GS #1600 for our 40th two years ago this past May. We parked up at the bar quite often. And after a 12 day cruise we close to several couples we met in the CL that we now call friends. The CL on that cruise was the place to go. Wonderful staff, full size bar, and it offered a little outdoor area as well. We never did make it to the DL as it was very crowded and many wanted in the CL. 

Enjoy the cruise & both lounges...and Happy Anniversary! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I hope it’s a Suite Lounge next time we sail on this class. 

It was still a CL as we circumnavigated Australia but D+ was not allowed in....too many of us.  We would've been allowed in for the NZ cruise but then when NZ closed its ports we had to disembark.  Did have a drink there before we got off.  It is nice. 

• Like 1