The Daily for Thursday Sep 10, 2020

richwmn

Today is Sewing Machine Day and Swap Ideas Day 

Meal suggestion for today - Grilled Tilapia Piccata

Drink of the Day - Hawaiian Sunset

Wine of the day - Hamilton Russell Chardonnay Hemel-en-Aarde Valley vintage 2017

At Sea Atlantic
Eurodam destination Sint Eustatius eta 9/15
Nieuw Amsterdam destination Sint Eustatius eta 9/14
Volendam destination Scheveningen eta 9/14

At Sea Pacific
Koningsdam destination Balboa eta 9/9
Oosterdam destination unknown at this time

Gibraltar
Westerdam

Limassol Cyprus
Noordam
Zuiderdam

Rosyth GB
Rotterdam

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Amsterdam
Nieuw Statendam
Zaandam

Aigio Greece
Maasdam -- Ship name as reported by AIS: AEGEAN MYTH

Katakolo
Veendam -- Ship name as reported by AIS: AEGEAN MAJESTY

0910World.png

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Good morning Rich, Roy when he gets here, and all the daily-ites.

Not fond of fish so will skip the menu.

Sold my sewing machine last year and do swaps all the time with my papercraft business.

Hawaiian Sunset:

Ingredients

Instructions

Shake all ingredients with ice. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass and garnish with a lime twist.

Have a great Thursday, social distance, stay safe, and wear your mask.

• Like 8

Thank you for the daily.  It's an interesting pair of days.

Today’s care list:

Mrs Vmax

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

The Bird in Hand fire chief and son Jason

3 injured California firefighters

An uncomplicated return for Denise and David

Prompt repairs on Debbie’s new roof

Lindialer awaiting evacuation

Sososailor

Smoke for Victoriann AndiLand, and her in-laws

Overhead Fred’s son’s wifi

RIP Ronald Bell

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and shoutouts:

Front line health workers

Cruising-along’s road trip

Hearing from Denise and David

Getaway for Ger77

Forecasts of rain and cooler weather

Royi

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Good morning early birds.  The ships are doing world cruises without passengers.  DH needs a pair of pants hemmed so I might as well celebrate today and get the sewing machine out.  It's also a good day to celebrate those who have been sewing masks to keep us protected.  The drink sounds interesting, there is one ingredient listed that I will google.  Rich,  have you run out of quotes fir the day?   Fall is creeping up on us!  

• Like 8

Good morning.

Another cool, damp morning up here.  Fall is just around the corner.

Thanks for the Daily.

I donated my sewing machine a couple of years ago. 

The meal sounds good, I'll check out the wine.

The drink of the day sounds good too.

Sending prayers to everyone on the Care List.

Stay safe.

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, gigianne said:

Rich,  have you run out of quotes fir the day?

Abstainer, n.: 

A weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a pleasure.
        -- Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"

I didn't notice that it was missing. How is this one?

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, gigianne said:

Good morning early birds.  The ships are doing world cruises without passengers.  DH needs a pair of pants hemmed so I might as well celebrate today and get the sewing machine out.  It's also a good day to celebrate those who have been sewing masks to keep us protected.  The drink sounds interesting, there is one ingredient listed that I will google.  Rich,  have you run out of quotes fir the day?   Fall is creeping up on us!  

Georgina - great idea to celebrate those who use their sewing machines to benefit others. I see buttons on - period, so I would never buy a machine. 

And good catch on the missing quote! Eagle eyes in the wee morning hours! Or at least the pre-coffee hours for me!

• Like 6

Good morning Rich. Happy Thursday! Thank you for the Daily.

May like the wine suggestion, no no no on tilapia. Had a juicy halibut though that was delicious!

Hi sisters Ann and Denise, Kazu, Roy, and all my other Daily-ite friends. 

@kazu, do you cut back and save your begonias or do they die out? 

Thanks Roy for the prayer list. It is getting longer than the celebration list.

For sure we will be toasting to Denise and David's return this afternoon.

Be safe, stay strong. Be prayerful for tomorrow's somber day.

• Like 11

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! That sneaky little Oosterdam not telling us where she is headed.

Thank you for our daily lists, Roy. I appreciate you doing this! morning Dailyites & my Sisters. Tonight’s toast will be to the safe return home of D & D, and the safe evacuation of those facing the fires out West. May everyone be safe.

The Daily gives us a great forum to swap ideas, so thank you again, Rich! And CC in general gives us a great forum to swap cruise related ideas. So I will toast both of you tonight as well!

No tilapia for me. I think tonight is wild salmon night. I think I have some asparagus that needs to be used soon, so that will be perfect. The drink sounds different, and pretty.

Prayers to those who need our support.
Cheers to all who are celebrating!

Stay well everyone!

Superb ratings for this South African Chardonnay. Both for this and subsequent vintages! prices range between $30 - $47.  One of the reviewers gave it a 96. Not sure if I have ever seen that rating in this price range.

#57 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2018

A tight, minerally wine with classic Hamilton Russell Vineyards length and complexity. Unusually prominent pear and lime fruit aromas and flavours are brought beautifully into focus by a tight line of bright natural acid and a long, dry minerality. An elegant, yet textured and intense wine with a strong personality of both place and vintage.

WS93

Wine Spectator
Melon, yellow apple, white peach and quince flavors give this an opulent feel, harnessed by honeysuckle and quinine accents through the finish, showing refinement and length in the end. Drink now through 2021.
  • Like 7

8 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Superb ratings for this South African Chardonnay. Both for this and subsequent vintages! prices range between $30 - $47.  One of the reviewers gave it a 96. Not sure if I have ever seen that rating in this price range.

#57 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2018

A tight, minerally wine with classic Hamilton Russell Vineyards length and complexity. Unusually prominent pear and lime fruit aromas and flavours are brought beautifully into focus by a tight line of bright natural acid and a long, dry minerality. An elegant, yet textured and intense wine with a strong personality of both place and vintage.

WS93

Wine Spectator
Melon, yellow apple, white peach and quince flavors give this an opulent feel, harnessed by honeysuckle and quinine accents through the finish, showing refinement and length in the end. Drink now through 2021.

Wow. A bit out of my wheel house price wise, but sounds delicious doesn't it? I'll put it on my list under celebration day wines..

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Wow. A bit out of my wheel house price wise, but sounds delicious doesn't it? I'll put it on my list under celebration day wines..

It is near the top of my budget limit, too. But I agree, Joy - a great celebratory wine! 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Abstainer, n.: 

A weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a pleasure.
        -- Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"

I didn't notice that it was missing. How is this one?

Love it, Rich 🙂

• Like 3

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

Interesting day combination - both beginning with S.  I agree @gigianne  it is a good day to celebrate all of those who have been so dedicated to making masks ❤️ 

I’ll pass on the dinner suggestion as it was tilapia the other night but we do like that fish 😉 

@Seasick Sailor once the begonias are showing signs of being “done”, I dig up the bulbs, let them dry and then store them for next year.  It’s always a sad day when that happens 😉 

Yesterday we were very busy and got a lot of branches trimmed on all of our trees out back so the area can be mulched and the hostas could be seen better.  The only problem now is that DH sees all that space behind the hostas and thinks I should plant some things there to help showcase them.  <sigh>

Prayers to everyone on Roy’s ever growing Care list and a toast to all of those on his celebratory list.

Have a good Thursday, everyone.  Stay safe and don’t forget your masks.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

500+ mejores imágenes de Hanna Barbera Cartoons en 2020 | dibujos animados,  los picapiedras, caricaturas

Sewing jokes and humor | 100+ articles and images curated on Pinterest in  2020 | sewing humor, quilting quotes, sewing quotes

a bad idea..... | Music humor, Music puns, Music jokes

If these don't make you smile, I don't know what will! Thank you...My fav - the snakes - I'm lucky enough to be in our church handbell choir, and sometimes we feel like we don't have arms, since we can sound a little "off".

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Thank you Rich and Roy!

The smoke is heavy in the air this morning. I pray that these fires get under control soon before there is any more loss of life. Our County Fairgrounds have opened up for people and animals to retreat to for safety. 

I’m including a picture from the Oregon Coast by Lincoln City that a local meteorologist took last night. It’s very eerie. 

20FC62E4-B048-474F-9857-D1C338006B6B.jpeg

• Like 13