Coming to a cruise ship near you...

KirkNC

7 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

I don't see how it would work without identities as how would it discriminate between two people too close together and a two people who were travelling as a couple?

Exactly.  How will they know that my husband and I are sitting beside each other at the pool and that we are not two random people?  And I'm deaf...  Will this monitor thingie make announcements until I comply with what I cannot hear, irritating everyone around me?  It's all very interesting, but more information needs to be shared with the public on how it will all work.

• Like 3

New tech and doggie noses. Doggie noses are amazing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2020/09/22/coronavirus-sniffing-dogs-helsinki-airport-finland/

fta:Finland is set to launch a pilot program involving coronavirus-sniffing dogs at Helsinki Airport on Wednesday, amid hopes that dogs could come to play a key role in screening for the virus. (snip)Hielm-Björkman added the dogs may, according to preliminary research, be better at spotting coronavirus infections than PCR and antibody tests. They “can also find [people] that are not yet PCR positive but will become PCR positive within a week,” she said.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, kangforpres said:

Helsinki airport has started to use dogs who can detect Covid-19 in a human. They claim 100% accuracy. This could be used by cruise line when embarking passengers or letting them back aboard during a port call.

Belgium is also training sniffer dogs as we speak. 
At the same time,  Janssen Pharmaceutica, part of Johnson & Johnson, is starting Stage 3 clinical testing with the vaccine that is being developed and later produced in Belgium. 
bit by bit, we are edging closer to containment and hopefully soon (partial) eradication.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2020 at 2:25 PM, VMax1700 said:

At the bar drinking, then not required.

In some jurisdictions, while drinking at a bar, one still wears a mask but is allowed to lower the mask slightly but only enough to take a sip but then must fully replace the mask.  IOW, still have to wear the mask.  

2 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

What an idiot. And of course then to brag about it. So similar to the couple I’ve seen several times at our local market who only wear their mask on their chin and a smirk on their face.

19 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

In some jurisdictions, while drinking at a bar, one still wears a mask but is allowed to lower the mask slightly but only enough to take a sip but then must fully replace the mask.  IOW, still have to wear the mask.  

In which jurisdiction is the Ocean bar?

21 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

It's within the jurisdiction of the CDC.

Do you know what requirements CDC will impose?

It is within the jurisdiction of The Netherlands actually. Only when sailing out of a US port, your CDC has any authority.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2020 at 2:55 PM, Taters said:

And I'm deaf...  Will this monitor thingie make announcements until I comply with what I cannot hear, irritating everyone around me? 

I'm sorry but I laughed at this, all knowing too well this feeling as I am Deaf myself too.

Case in point, me walking across the gym floor in high school when we were supposed to walk along the sidelines. Teacher screamed at me until a fellow classmate told them I was Deaf. Took 3 other teachers to convince her that yes I really did not hear her yelling at me and was not faking it. Me? Totally oblivious of it all until the classmate told me. So yes... 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Most CC members sail from US ports therefore the CDC is king.

True, and the cruiselines will standardize their approach based on the agency they deal with the most, which is the CDC, while still having to comply with the Dutch and EU regulations.