NEW- ROYAL CARIBBEAN ANNOUNCES UPDATES TO 2021 SUMMER CRUISES

jtintex

our cruise was outright cancelled-Jewel 8/20/21. We were looking forward to it- Norwegian fjords and Iceland. Don't want to do Baltic. Did that already so not taking advantage of OBC credit they are offering(only good on summer 2021 itinaries), plus I am sure room selection is limited and prices are higher with less of a lead time. This was booked on board in January of this year so I am expecting a $200 refund. Did not purchase anything including excursions or make further payments as I was waiting to see how things went with COVID and had til May 2021 to make final payment. I guess I will have to look to see what is going on in 2022.

25 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

Ive been checking my Cruise Planner for our Aug 5 -15 Adventure  Baltic cruise to change to the same cruise on Jewel. Instead, it changed to an Aug 5-9 Med cruise on Adventure from Barcelona! I’ve emailed my travel agency. 

I'm seeing the same for the same cruise. However, the ports are incorrect as it includes Spain then St. Petersburg, Helsinki, Riga, and Visby. One heck of a 4-day cruise. 🙂 I'm hoping it's just an "in progress" thing appearing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sanschag said:

I'm seeing the same for the same cruise. However, the ports are incorrect as it includes Spain then St. Petersburg, Helsinki, Riga, and Visby. One heck of a 4-day cruise. 🙂 I'm hoping it's just an "in progress" thing appearing.

yep

1106504525_2020-09-2814_47_54-Window.jpg.256756e078be07a92b54a2b6f4b04fc0.jpg

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, colsky said:

We've waited 4 months for the refund for our drinks packages and excursions on our cancelled cruise.  I phoned once to chase, they apologised and said it would be soon.  I phoned twice to chase, they apologised and said it would be soon.  I phoned thrice last week to chase, and was told that the reason we hadn't had our refund was that we had elected to convert the money into FCC for our 2021 Adventure (now Jewel) cruise. I said that we hadn't done this, and that we had actually cancelled drinks packages and excursions online in our cruise account, and had at no stage elected to have FCC instead of cash. I asked why we weren't told this story the previous 2 times I phoned to chase, he said he can't answer that.  I repeated our initial instruction, that we want the cash refund for this part. He said that to do so would mean forfeiting the 125% FCC uplift, not just on this part, but also on the rest of the FCC that we had received for payments that we had made.  He wouldn't budge. Scandalous and ridiculous!

Are you saying that your chase credit card insurance will cover your RCL cancelled cruise?

I just checked my cruise planner and my July 3, 8 night Brilliance cruise out of Miami now shows a 7 night Brilliance cruise July 3 out of Tampa. It's my understanding that Brilliance isn't even sailing out of Tampa anymore, correct? I thought we would be switched to the 8 night on Independence out of Miami. 

15 minutes ago, JoJo1008 said:

I just checked my cruise planner and my July 3, 8 night Brilliance cruise out of Miami now shows a 7 night Brilliance cruise July 3 out of Tampa. It's my understanding that Brilliance isn't even sailing out of Tampa anymore, correct? I thought we would be switched to the 8 night on Independence out of Miami. 

Same for my 8 night on Brilliance on June 19th - it now shows 7 night western caribbean out of Tampa. My guess is they moved the ship to Tampa on the system before moving our reservations to Indy. Guess we keep watching for more changes.

2 minutes ago, DoctorWhoGirl said:

Same for my 8 night on Brilliance on June 19th - it now shows 7 night western caribbean out of Tampa. My guess is they moved the ship to Tampa on the system before moving our reservations to Indy. Guess we keep watching for more changes.

Three out of seven of our cabins  still show Brilliance, but out of Tampa.  I hope they finish this process soon. Of those already moved, no one is very near each other- even on different decks.   Everybody wants to know where they are going to wind up!

Lyn

6 minutes ago, DoctorWhoGirl said:

I just talked to my TA and he said the same thing, they moved the ship but haven't moved us to the Indy yet. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ladylyn915 said:

Three out of seven of our cabins  still show Brilliance, but out of Tampa.  I hope they finish this process soon. Of those already moved, no one is very near each other- even on different decks.   Everybody wants to know where they are going to wind up!

Lyn

What a mess. We have 2 cabins booked next to each other because our kids are in their own cabin. Hopefully they don’t screw that up when they move us. 

8 minutes ago, DoctorWhoGirl said:

What a mess. We have 2 cabins booked next to each other because our kids are in their own cabin. Hopefully they don’t screw that up when they move us. 

We have a hump balcony booked on Brilliance but I'm not holding my breath that we'll get one on the Indy

I just remembered another reason I don't care for RC that much.
We were on the Brilliance and just got our new cabins for the Indie.
They were not what I had originally booked (surprise surprise) so the RC rep I called changed both my res and
my daughter's res to acceptable cabins, even though I was not on her reservation he said he would do it since she is my daughter with the same last name and our reservations were cross referenced.    
Of course this was after explaining to him 3 times we were on a different ship.  
Don't they have a training department that sends out updates on these things? 

However when I received the confos.  they had new pricing to about double the original fare.  
I called back and the rep would only change mine to the correct fare and not my daughter's even though the previous rep changed the cabin but did it incorrectly.
The supervisor wouldn't do it either.  So now after 2 hours on the phone things are still not right.
This is just so frustrating trying to understand their accents and the connections are so bad I can never understand their names.
The supervisor didn't want to give me his name just his initials.
Thinking about looking for a Celebrity cruise to change to. 
I know they're under the same umbrella but I get much better customer service from them.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, webecruzin2 said:

I just remembered another reason I don't care for RC that much.
We were on the Brilliance and just got our new cabins for the Indie.
They were not what I had originally booked (surprise surprise) so the RC rep I called changed both my res and
my daughter's res to acceptable cabins, even though I was not on her reservation he said he would do it since she is my daughter with the same last name and our reservations were cross referenced.    
Of course this was after explaining to him 3 times we were on a different ship.  
Don't they have a training department that sends out updates on these things? 

However when I received the confos.  they had new pricing to about double the original fare.  
I called back and the rep would only change mine to the correct fare and not my daughter's even though the previous rep changed the cabin but did it incorrectly.
The supervisor wouldn't do it either.  So now after 2 hours on the phone things are still not right.
This is just so frustrating trying to understand their accents and the connections are so bad I can never understand their names.
The supervisor didn't want to give me his name just his initials.
Thinking about looking for a Celebrity cruise to change to. 
I know they're under the same umbrella but I get much better customer service from them.

The customer service team is the same....

28 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

The customer service team is the same....

That may be, but I sail more frequently with Celebrity and they have never stonewalled me like they've done today.
I just called the C&A and spoke to Will who said it's "impossible to correct the mistake that Charlie made".
I said "well then Charlie just did the impossible, it's just that you don't want to do it."
 Common sense should sometimes prevail over policy, especially with frequent customers. 
This is my experience from working at all levels of customer service my entire life.
They have a lousy training team.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, webecruzin2 said:

That may be, but I sail more frequently with Celebrity and they have never stonewalled me like they've done today.
I just called the C&A and spoke to Will who said it's "impossible to correct the mistake that Charlie made".
I said "well then Charlie just did the impossible, it's just that you don't want to do it."
 Common sense should sometimes prevail over policy, especially with frequent customers. 
This is my experience from working at all levels of customer service my entire life.
They have a lousy training team.

They never have until they do. Throughout all organizations, some associates are great and others leave a lot to be desired. If you have the time, try the HUCA method.

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I know, I know, I dont just owe him a drink if we ever meet, I owe him a whole bucket of drinks. 

😁

I bought your TA a drink when we first met him.  It was WAY before he was a TA.   He found us a great bargain on the Freedom, Christmas 2014.  

Edited by molly361

I wonder if anyone from RC looks at the message boards for cruises.  They sure could learn a lot.  

I have worked in customer service and I would be embarrassed at the service they call customer service.  I know some of the problems can be chalked up to historical circumstances but come on, they have had plenty of time to figure out the plan.

I think that the fact there are so many unhappy customers doesn’t promote much confidence. 

• Like 1