Cancelled Nov 1 - Dec 31 from all but Florida

Lee Cruiser

14 minutes ago, Radiioman46 said:

We should be seeing some evidence right now that cruise lines are  bringing back employees and crew members to the ships planning on November cruises. Also, cruise staff and the entertainers, because it takes time for them to rehearse and get their shows up to performance standards. 

I'm sure the entertainers will be rehearsing at whatever studios they own on land. They can be the last to be loaded on the ships. 

A recent article says it will take 30 days to get ready to cruise. So for those booked for November, it sounds like a go.

• Like 1

Well, we knew something was up when Port Canaveral and Miami were the only ports open for bookings in November for a few weeks.

Doubling down through 31 Dec is not too far a surprise.

And as other have suggested, I suspect only 3 to 5 day cruises from those ports will operate in those months - to "well controlled guest spaces" places like Amber Cove, Grand Turk, Princess Cays, Half Moon Cay, and maybe Cozumel and the Bahamas.  Everything else will get cancelled or shortened, including the 8-day cruise we had been booked on to the Southern Caribbean in early Dec.

EDIT: I just noticed that only December 2020 is selectable on the Carnival website - November is grayed out.  Hmmm.

Edited by ProgRockCruiser

I suspected that the Panorama, the newest ship in the fleet will be heading to Florida for a while and with 2 Florida homeports not cancelled I won't be surprised if she makes an appearance in the East Coast.

Edited by Georgie562

3 minutes ago, Georgie562 said:

I suspected that the Panorama, the newest ship in the fleet will be heading to Florida for a while and with 2 Florida homeports not cancelled I won't be surprised. 

Considering it sold out for November and most of December. That will be a major let down for all that are booked on it our of California.

A question for anyone who has received the cancellation email...does it state anywhere in fine print that the OBC offer would be extended to those who had recently cancelled their cruise before Carnival did?  I know in previous cancellations, they have stated that they would honor offer to previous cancellations on or before a certain date.

My folks cancelled their Thanksgiving cruise three days ago 😶  

• Like 1

Wait I thought the White house didn't let cdc extend ban? I'm confused.

Your not confused Carnival is smart enough to realize that the virus is still out there and is not willing to risk their staff or endanger people just to make a buck . Even though everyone would jump on a ship and go . I personally will not go until there is a vaccine but hey that’s just me.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, NIATPAC29 said:

If we cancel are we allowed to trans the future cruise credit  to another cruise thats booked but not paid for?

Assuming Carnival cancelled the cruise, then this can be done.  I've done this multiple times during the pandemic, so it shouldn't be an issue.   However, if you initiate the cancellation, I'm not sure.

Garnett

Edited by N7786W Flyer

12 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

EDIT: I just noticed that only December 2020 is selectable on the Carnival website - November is grayed out.  Hmmm.

I see the same thing.  It is not a warm fuzzy feeling for those of us booked in November and still hoping to sail.

5 minutes ago, frito58 said:

Your not confused Carnival is smart enough to realize that the virus is still out there and is not willing to risk their staff or endanger people just to make a buck . Even though everyone would jump on a ship and go . I personally will not go until there is a vaccine but hey that’s just me.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What is alarming is the number of people who think the Virus will disappear in November. The 3 Drs. I've had appointments with in the last 2 weeks all said the Virus isn't going anywhere.

Now the press/media will certainly shift their attention elsewhere, and eventually there will be a vaccine which will help but not eradicate the virus.

The roller coaster continues.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I see the same thing.  It is not a warm fuzzy feeling for those of us booked in November and still hoping to sail.

As of 30 minutes ago, I was able to see November 2020.  However, November 2020 is not showing now.  My speculation is that the cruises aren't cancelled...and that they MAY sail.  I believe Carnival is being preemptive and is trying to stop people (like me) who just had their November/December cruise cancelled and are looking to see if they can switch to a Port Canaveral/Miami departure instead.

Just a wild guess...

Garnett

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Bgcruising said:

No offense and I agree but at this point as we keep guessing we are bound to get it right eventually 

Haha, absolutely true.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

What is alarming is the number of people who think the Virus will disappear in November.

Do people actually think that the virus will disappear by November? I personally don’t, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t believe that cruises can restart in a very limited and very regulated manner. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tapi said:

Do people actually think that the virus will disappear by November? I personally don’t, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t believe that cruises can restart in a very limited and very regulated manner. 

it will not go away , we have to learn to live with it at some point. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, kman99 said:

A question for anyone who has received the cancellation email...does it state anywhere in fine print that the OBC offer would be extended to those who had recently cancelled their cruise before Carnival did?  I know in previous cancellations, they have stated that they would honor offer to previous cancellations on or before a certain date.

My folks cancelled their Thanksgiving cruise three days ago 😶  

I'd be interested in this too - we moved our Dec 2020 cruise to Dec 2022 just prior to final payment.  Today I'd be eligible for $600 OBC, but also would have sunk a couple grand for a couple of years.  I know Carnival doesn't owe me anything, we made the choice consciously.  But I won't turn down such an offer either...

1 hour ago, xDisconnections said:

Again, this was expected. With a phased in return to cruise, not all ships or ports would return at the same time. This will make it much easier to staff the ships and order provisions. Why are so many surprised by this necessary business decision? 

Way to go, Florida. You can always be counted on to perform just  as we anticipate.

Yep. When Florida C19 cases go nuclear in a couple of weeks we called it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

I'd be interested in this too - we moved our Dec 2020 cruise to Dec 2022 just prior to final payment.  Today I'd be eligible for $600 OBC, but also would have sunk a couple grand for a couple of years.  I know Carnival doesn't owe me anything, we made the choice consciously.  But I won't turn down such an offer either...

if you think about it ,its a lot better interest then a savings account would give .001 percent. 

1 minute ago, Tapi said:

Yep it's been mentioned on here by more than a handful. I'm sure once there is a hard date they will begin, the muddy waters will begin to clear up.

I just don't see them preparing ( Crew, training, etc.) until that time. 

1 minute ago, beerman2 said:

Yep it's been mentioned on here by more than a handful. I'm sure once there is a hard date they will begin, the muddy waters will begin to clear up.

I just don't see them preparing ( Crew, training, etc.) until that time. 

Sailing will happen this year in florida, what did i tell you pal? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

What is alarming is the number of people who think the Virus will disappear in November. The 3 Drs. I've had appointments with in the last 2 weeks all said the Virus isn't going anywhere.

Now the press/media will certainly shift their attention elsewhere, and eventually there will be a vaccine which will help but not eradicate the virus.

The roller coaster continues.

My team often travels internationally for work (US Army Contractors).  We've been unable to do so until recently due to restrictions in the destination countries.  Restrictions still apply, but most interestingly is a requirement by the US Army to quarantine for two weeks, regardless of "host country" requirements.  That quarantine requirement is supposedly going to be in place through April 2021.  So the US DoD doesn't think the virus is going anywhere anytime soon.

Just now, seaman11 said:

Sailing will happen this year in florida, what did i tell you pal? 

It appears that might be the case, until they actually say positively it's still speculation.

It isn't etched in stone yet.

Some here on CC have just posted November is now greyed out.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

if you think about it ,its a lot better interest then a savings account would give .001 percent. 

If I had relatively unlimited cashflow, maybe.  But I don't, so since we will do some sort of vacation in Dec that will expend an equivalent amount of money, that's where it is going to go.

Just now, beerman2 said:

It appears that might be the case, until they actually say positively it's still speculation.

It isn't etched in stone yet.

Some here on CC have just posted November is now greyed out.

"I agree, lets see, i think the florida gov and the wh want it to happen , dec is my guess and only those two ports in florida, is my guess.